Sign in to follow this  
ParaMan

REX WEATHER FORCE For MSFS

4 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I've bought most of your products over the course of fsx and P3D. The issue you need to address is that your weather programs had poor transitioning. A persistent issue of abrupt weather transitions. We all know your main competitor who had this fixed some time ago. Has this been rectified?

This was one of my biggest issues with X-Plane in general too. I would approach an airport that has a marine layer going on just over the airport surface, and I would see the surrounding area as completely clear with no cloud coverage over the field. As soon as I'd get close to the field, I'd randomly be thick in clouds. Completely unacceptable for VFR flying especially, and an annoyance for IFR flying.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, rstough said:

We created our own SDK. We do not believe a weather SDK is in the near or possible future with the sim.  We understand why.  That is why we didn't wait.

Can you please confirm if Lightning works in game as per real life with your App? i.e. Thunderstorm in real life is a Thunderstorm in the Sim with Lightning (as it currently doesn't with MSF, although not checked todays patch). thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Can you please confirm if Lightning works in game as per real life with your App? i.e. Thunderstorm in real life is a Thunderstorm in the Sim with Lightning (as it currently doesn't with MSF, although not checked todays patch). thanks

Their lightning system is different than in previous sims.  Our priority on this initial release was getting the weather accurate to what was being reported. We can see if this is something we can look at later, but I make no promises as this is most likely programmed into the core of the sim.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Ok many thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

My experience with REX products in both FSX and P3D is "all fur coat and no knickers"

The sudden abrupt weather changes were a deal breaker for me, Active Sky nailed this some time ago.  Funny MSFS has just released the 2nd patch to fix the 3 knot wind bug (downloading now).  Will be interesting to see what this brings.  The default weather depiction in the sim is unlike anything else currently now we just need to see closer wind data to real life and settings to align with "vatsim/ivao" weather for online flying.  

If Asobo can't get this right, only then will I shell out on a weather engine and unless I hear the community say nothing but good things about REX, I will be going with Active Sky (if they ever release something).

Thomas Derbyshire

All I know is not one time has the live weather been accurate over Arizona.  Big thunderstorms in monsoon all around.  FS depicts some high clouds. Socked in and raining all day, clear sky.  We had major thunderstorms a few weeks ago the entire state was peppered with large thunderstorms.  Nothing resembling T-storms was depicted anywhere over southern AZ.  So I'm not sure what meteoblue does.  Maybe it does not work in the western US?  Maybe the weather is too varied for the model? Winds are never accurate, sky cover is never accurate. 

Here is my take on certain addons . Keep in mind i was REX customer in previous FSX P3D .. 
I see MSFS as my solution to a few things and by this i mean the need to have another piece of software running along side like in the past .  If asobo can get the weather improved  I wish the REX Team the best of success in their future. But ill just use what MSFS has to offer . 

Can Someone please remember how long  MSFS has been out ???? 
with all the respect you’ll deserve is wayyyy too early to just think we wont see anymore improvements.....

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I still don't get how relying on METAR data is supposed to lead to more accurate weather overall. Maybe directly over the airports, but simply "filling in the blanks" between METAR stations won't be enough. You won't even get things like storm fronts showing with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For example: yesterday the MeteoBlue model predicted (!) light thunderstorms and rain between 1400 and 1700, after then partly cloudy in my hometown. The actual weather we had: clear skies from 1200 to 2100, then light rain, thunderstorms at 0400.

You guys have to understand that weather models are just predictions! It can be far off because its just a simulation what will be in the future. There is only one data that can have right live weather in an sim, and that is hard data like METARS and other weather stations.

Models can only fill a gap, and this is also done with the help of hard data from METAR etc. 

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

15 hours ago, carlito777 said:

By the way: Meteoblue is a professional weather service company. They provide all kinds of professional services around weather. That‘s their core business. You really think a 2 or 3 person FS developer can provide better weather data then these guys? Come on...

Don‘t get me wrong. REX had its place in the old sims and they did some pretty decent add-ons. But this is David against Goliath here...

Completely false comparsion.

REX doesn't make weather predictions like MeteoBlue, ECMWF, AROME, GFS, ICON .... just to name a few.

Weather engines are taking available data from these source and try to get a realstic weather simulation into it. It has nothing to do with calculating predictions, nothing you can do at home as you would need supercomputers for that.

MeteoBlue also doesn't make the weather engine in MSFS, its just the weather data provider.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

REX Simulations does.

HifiSim talks: "Sadly, Damian did say that right now they are not aware of any way to bring weather interpretation into the simulator or what the possibilities will be." (insert sad face emoji here). Source: FSElite.net

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

REX Simulations does.

Well, we'll see about that - so far the track record is not exactly encouraging ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models