Sign in to follow this  
ParaMan

REX WEATHER FORCE For MSFS

2 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Exactly my thoughts.

HiFi have been honest and stated there is a limit to what they can do without a better SDK.

But REX are offering the world.... Hmmm !

This is not a correct statetment. I won't enter into what HIF said or not said as is not my competence to do that. Regarding the REX product is trying to enhance the default weather, that's it.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Perhaps "usually" mean different thing for different people 

Here are the last 4 from EKCH, it's been like that since at least 1974:

EKCH 181420Z AUTO 30008KT 250V330 9999 NCD 18/05 Q1028 NOSIG
EKCH 181350Z AUTO 27009KT 240V300 9999 NCD 18/04 Q1028 NOSIG
EKCH 181320Z AUTO 27007KT 230V310 9999 NCD 19/05 Q1029 NOSIG
EKCH 181250Z AUTO 28008KT 9999 NCD 18/05 Q1029 NOSIG

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

15 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

I haven't been terribly impressed with the default weather engine and its bugs.  If REX puts out anything resembling what Active Sky did for FSX, I'm sold.

Apart from the 3knt bug which is now fixed how can you NOT be impressed??  It’s light years ahead of the competition.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

2 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Here are the last 4 from EKCH, it's been like that since at least 1974:

EKCH 181420Z AUTO 30008KT 250V330 9999 NCD 18/05 Q1028 NOSIG
EKCH 181350Z AUTO 27009KT 240V300 9999 NCD 18/04 Q1028 NOSIG
EKCH 181320Z AUTO 27007KT 230V310 9999 NCD 19/05 Q1029 NOSIG
EKCH 181250Z AUTO 28008KT 9999 NCD 18/05 Q1029 NOSIG

Again does mean "usually" for KCRQ? Perhaps it is "usually" for EKCH! So weagree to disagree 🙂

I still keep my notes since 2003 when I got my IR:

METAR:  50 minutes after hour

TAF:  daily 0000Z, 0600Z, 1200Z, 1800Z

WIND TEMP ALOFT FORECAST(FD): 0000Z , 1200Z

AVIATION AERA FORCAST (FA): three times a day

AIRMET (WA): every 6 hours

SIGMET: as needed

CONVECTIVE SIGMET (WST): 55 minutes after hour ( as needed)

WEATER DEPICTION CHART: every 3 hours beginning 0100Z

RADAR SUMMARY CHART (SD): 35 minutes past the hour

SIGNIFICANT WETHER PROGNOSTIC CHART: four times a day 0000Z, 0600Z, 1200Z, 1800Z

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

17 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Apart from the 3knt bug which is now fixed how can you NOT be impressed??  It’s light years ahead of the competition.

To me it really comes down to the weather not reflecting real world conditions in North America.  The incorrect weather that is in the sim is indeed very impressive.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I for one will be buying on first day release, when active sky releases there weather engine, it will be a first day buy. I bet your asking yourself, why buy both, heres the reason, I have been buying there stuff for around 10 years now and have giving me many, many hours of enjoyment, I'm a supporter, and I hope they keep on making great stuff, and besides the default weather engine needs some work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

When I was getting my instrument rating many years ago it I learnt it was always  55 minute past the hour. Perhaps "usually" mean different thing for different people  but here an example  of recent KCRQ METAR at the moment. You see usually it an hour 0753Z, 0853Z, 0953Z, 1053Z, 1153Z, 1253Z

Maybe it’s different in Europe? In the US it’s for sure every hour on the :50 (or a few mins past) unless a significant change needs to be made...

Edit: Seems so. Lucky for them. https://www.fs.uni-lj.si/mma_bin.php?id=2012082718595899

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

We all have different wants and needs. For me, it won't be light years ahead of the competition -- or even matching what's currently available -- if I can't adjust the maximum wind speed and cloud base of injected real weather.

Flying light GA and helicopters, that's a requirement to experience the cloud cover of real weather without being blown off the runway in some places I like to fly. Weather add-ons for other sims allow this adjustment.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

22 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

We all have different wants and needs. For me, it won't be light years ahead of the competition -- or even matching what's currently available -- if I can't adjust the maximum wind speed and cloud base of injected real weather.

Flying light GA and helicopters, that's a requirement to experience the cloud cover of real weather without being blown off the runway in some places I like to fly. Weather add-ons for other sims allow this adjustment.

Why would you want to adjust wind speed cloud base of real live weather?  The minute you do that it isn’t live anymore?  You can setup custom weather to do what you want.

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

17 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Why would you want to adjust wind speed cloud base of real live weather?  The minute you do that it isn’t live anymore?  You can setup custom weather to do what you want.

Because I want to fly in weather that looks like it does outside my window. The same cloud cover, but with enough adjustment of maximum winds to fly in a light GA aircraft.

It's not an unreasonable request, because it's available in products that inject live weather like ActiveSkyX, and to a limited extent in xEnviro. 

Whether you care about this will likely depend on what parts of the world you fly in, and whether you're flying light GA or airliner heavies that basically ignore high wind speed on takeoff and landing unless it's really extreme. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

First of all we need historic weather.. I cannot always seat at 5pm to see the sunset in LA.. 

I have to work so I can play in the sim.. My spare time starts at 10pm which really sucks so by now I can only fly in Guam in daytime with live weather..

• Like 1

I’m looking for something that makes the weather match or at least be reasonably close to freely available real time METARs.  Whether that’s this product or an eventual update to default weather I will wait and see.

I get that METARs are normally issued hourly and so the conditions may not exactly match but if there is dramatic change a special METAR will normally be issued.  Bottom line is you should be able to use METARs for planning and flying purposes.  I can’t do that right now in MSFS.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Can't you just change the time in game after having loaded the flight with live weather? That's why there is a drop down menu to load live weather and another to load live time.

• Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I would not consider FS2020 stable yet.  Allow at least 6 months before buying anything that could conflict with current or to be added functionality.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

19 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Can't you just change the time in game after having loaded the flight with live weather? That's why there is a drop down menu to load live weather and another to load live time.

Exactly

Thomas Derbyshire