Sign in to follow this  
ParaMan

REX WEATHER FORCE For MSFS

21 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Can't you just change the time in game after having loaded the flight with live weather? That's why there is a drop down menu to load live weather and another to load live time.

Let’s say you start in KLAX with SKC.. Now you change the live time and remain SKC right? Or does the FlightSim will download historic WX?

I am still not fully convinced about this addon, I just don’t see a clear value proposition... I will wait to see some benchmarks 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

Let’s say you start in KLAX with SKC.. Now you change the live time and remain SKC right? Or does the FlightSim will download historic WX?

Live weather remains even if you change time. 

Edited by zemez
  • Upvote 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

I have just tried REX Weather. Really wanted a good metar d/l and interpretation app. It's buggy, won't retain registration and won't let me search for metars at all. Discord is full of complaints on those two issues. Sure hope they fix it. I'm headed for a support ticket.

United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

On 9/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, united001 said:

I have just tried REX Weather. Really wanted a good metar d/l and interpretation app. It's buggy, won't retain registration and won't let me search for metars at all. Discord is full of complaints on those two issues. Sure hope they fix it. I'm headed for a support ticket.

United001

Does create different weather around you/ or does it only load one weather type and spwans it everywhere?

Victor Roos

One type everywhere has been my experience.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm having issues with pressure. Rex shows 29.88 for example, but MSFS thinks it's 29.92. Anyone know how to make REX sync the pressure? 

On 10/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, regis9 said:

One type everywhere has been my experience.

I don't get this.......so using Rex the weather doesn't change dynamically through the flight?  So same type of weather (and winds) at origin and destination??

Thomas Derbyshire

13 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I don't get this.......so using Rex the weather doesn't change dynamically through the flight?  So same type of weather (and winds) at origin and destination??

It's based on metars, so it will only change when you enter the coverage area of another metar. If you leave from EGHI, the whole world will have the same weather as EGHI until you get near to EGHH when the whole world's weather will change to whatever is reported in EGHH's metar.

This is one of the many reasons I just can't take this product seriously.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

56 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

It's based on metars, so it will only change when you enter the coverage area of another metar. If you leave from EGHI, the whole world will have the same weather as EGHI until you get near to EGHH when the whole world's weather will change to whatever is reported in EGHH's metar.

This is one of the many reasons I just can't take this product seriously.

I'm dropping it. Luckily it was only $20 because it just doesn't work consistently.