Sign in to follow this  
larshall

Boeing 737 Max crashes were ‘horrific culmination’ of errors

Yes, this story and all of the similar ones doing the rounds today makes grim reading. Its when you realize the paying passenger is really nothing more than a line on a risk management exercise as far as these large corporations are concerned.

I remember all the "if it isn't Boeing I'm not going" crowd on here. They are rather silent these days.....

• Like 3

Save time instead of reading the findings of the report and just look at this instead:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8KfVYu-tcA8jAqggbO6z

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Interesting read of the house investigation. I wonder if Lion and Ethiopian could do the same thing about the flaws in its training and licensing system without pointing its fingers back at Boeing or Airbus. I highly doubt it.

Edited by Garys
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GHarrall said:

I remember all the "if it isn't Boeing I'm not going"...

"If it's not MD-11, you're not taking me to the heavens!"

"If it's not Concorde, I'm not going abroad!"

In case you needed to reminisce a bit more. :biggrin: 🍻

The FAA were not without guilt in the 737 fiasco either...

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Here is a little lesson on Failure mode and effects analysis or FMEA

Rating    Meaning
I    No relevant effect on reliability or safety
II    Very minor, no damage, no injuries, only results in a maintenance action (only noticed by discriminating customers)
III    Minor, low damage, light injuries (affects very little of the system, noticed by average customer)
IV    Critical (causes a loss of primary function; Loss of all safety Margins, 1 failure away from a catastrophe, severe damage, severe injuries, max 1 possible death )
V    Catastrophic (product becomes inoperative; the failure may result in complete unsafe operation and possible multiple deaths)

Boeing engineers likely had that system at a level II or III priority when it was a V

Matthew Kane

This has been given a good beating in the media. If you have a keen interest in the discussions, please post factual information from reprutal sources. If not, leave it. We don't want a 30 page topic of " I heard this on xxxxx".

Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Alleged pilot errors occurring too often with deadly results

Goes to the length of drawing parallels with the pilot error and shortcomings in the crashes this year to take jibe at the pilots and discount the Max, sounds almost like a sponsored article to insert the idea in general reader of shifting blame at first opportunity after things have gone silent in the media.

Is the US congressional report on the 737 MAX flawed?

Latest article by the same author, in ignorance to the design flaws seems focused on blaming pilot shortcomings and quite protective of the Max and Boeing.

Edited by him225

On 9/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, HighBypass said:

In case you needed to reminisce a bit more. :biggrin: 🍻

The FAA were not without guilt in the 737 fiasco either...

Neither where the CAA either.

hence the 2,  TUI UK and Norwegian max's sitting on the deck in GCTS/TFS with covers on which I belive are still there. 

I also remember rescuing aload of max crews from the USA to England and vice versa, when they grounded them. 

And Heaven forbid the max famil training at lion and Ethiopian might of been a bit slapdash and therefore it might of been pilot error.  I remember being chastised for saying that too. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 9/16/2020 at 1:56 PM, GHarrall said:

Yes, this story and all of the similar ones doing the rounds today makes grim reading. Its when you realize the paying passenger is really nothing more than a line on a risk management exercise as far as these large corporations are concerned.

I remember all the "if it isn't Boeing I'm not going" crowd on here. They are rather silent these days.....

This is unfortunatly how Airlines operate. Its investors and AMBs that run them. 

I'm amazed its taken this long to get the max's back flying to be honest 

14ppkc-6.png