Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

World of AI removing stock planes?

Guest Flydoc2329

I installed yesterday the Alitalia package from World of AI. As a result Fiumicino Rome is full of Alitalia jets but all the stock planes are not here anymore. If I go to Paris/Roissy (LFPG), all stocks planes are gone and there is one Alitalia jet, even though it is 8am with air traffic at..100%!. I thought that all my stock planes disappeared everywhere so I went to San Diego and they are still there, so that is goodThat raises a few questions:a/ when you install a package, does it wipe automatically all stock planes? Why ?b/ Besides a file Alitalia traffic.bgl in FSX/scenery/world/scenery, there is still a regular aircraft traffic.bgl Aren't they supposed to work together just as in FS9 where you could have several ***traffic.bglc/are the missing stock planes in Rome lost for good?Thanks for your inputJ-Louis

Guest delsutton

At last someone else is reporting something I've being seeing ever since I got FSX!! I thought I was alone!I get exactly the same problem. Not only is the commercial traffic gone but so is all the GA. I've taken the FSX file out of the folder and put it back in with a new name... still the same problem. In fact, now even when I remove all the FS9 bgl files, the default isn't working! Apart from the very odd GA aircraft which turns up (and yes the traffic is at 100%), and I mean very very rare occurence.I'm wondering if the FSX bgl file has corrupted.If anyone else can understand what is going on please let us know.

Flight plans / traffic files compiled with Traffic Tools for FS2004 are different from traffic files compiled by the Microsoft TrafficDatabaseBuilder program - both the FS2004 and FSX versions.The default aircraft in FSX is compiled with TDB.WoA, and all other AI groups and program except MyTrafficX, are compiled with the FS2004 Traffic Tools.FSX will not process both types of traffic files at the same time - the files are so different that the DLL's cannot read and apply both to the same flight sim session.The amazing part to me is that FS2004 traffic files have a priority over FSX traffic files.

Guest delsutton

>FSX will not process both types of traffic files at the same>time - the files are so different that the DLL's cannot read>and apply both to the same flight sim session.>>The amazing part to me is that FS2004 traffic files have a>priority over FSX traffic files.That's interesting, but I'm sure I've read posts from people saying they can run both the FSX and FS9 traffic at the same time. Maybe compiled using some other method which is more in line with FSX?

I've seen those posts also.I'm wondering if they use a separate program to generate the traffic file for the default traffic.But many more people are reporting inability to have both at the same time, and some folks with the knowledge to take the files apart and look at how FSX uses them say the two versions are incompatible.

Guest Flydoc2329

But Reggie, if both BGL cannot work at the same time, you mean in a given airport not eveywhere. So in any airport served by Alitalia , there cannot be a FSX stock plane, am I reading you right? That would explain why stock planes are still there in San Diego since Alitalia does not serve KSANJ-Louis

This is way too early in the FSX release cycle to have definitive answers to any question.I would assume that FSX works like FS2004 and reads all the traffic files when it starts.During this process it identifies all the grids where AI aircraft will be active, and which aircraft from which file should be active.It's certainly possible that if an airport and it's surround grids do not have traffic from a TTools FS2004 file, then FSX TDB files could be displayed.Now that's just an assumption - not something I can test right now.EDIT - Okay don't let my boss find out.I loaded FSX with just the WoA RyanAir FS2004 TTools Traffic File and the default FSX traffic file.At EIDW and EGLL - only the RyanAir traffic file was used. Yes, I know there are no RyanAir flights to EGLL, but RyanAir aircraft at EGSS, EGGW and EGKK are active when you are at EGLL.At KTXK and LIRN - only the defaultFSX traffic file was used.So it APPEARS that the default traffic file will only be used if there are no FS2004 TTools traffic files with aircraft in the active area.I still have to test how a new addon traffic file compiled with the FSX TDB tool will interact with the default.

I have seen stock AI at certain airports, and yet I have WofAI installed, too. I guess it is like Reggie said...the default traffic file appears to be used only if there are no FS2004 TTools traffic going at that particular airport.So yes it looks like the FS2004 traffic takes precedence over the stock FSX AI. That seems really weird to me, but hey. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Some more testing over "lunch"I am able to have custom AI appear with the default AI aircraft / traffic file - IF the custom AI traffic file is compile with the TrafficDatabaseBuilder which comes with FSX.The custom AI traffic still exhibit the +1 day of the week issue common with FS2004 traffic files.i.e. Aircraft scheduled to fly on day 6 - Saturday, fly on day 0 Sunday. Sunday aircraft on Monday, Monday aircraft on Tuesday - etc.Remember, almost everything we say about FSX at this point is a working theory. We still don't know for certain why a lot of things appear the way they do.

I concur, I have been using WOAI aircraft and TraficDatabaseBuilder. I have taken the stock commercial aircraft out and built a GA taffic file using the stock GA aircraft. I now see a mixture of WOAI commercial and stock aircraft GA traffic wherever it is appropriate.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.