Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

A short review of the RTX 3080 with MSFS 2020 Youtube

The reviews of the 3080 card was allowed from 6 am pacific time today so her is at short review from a youtube site.

Edited by Cloudpiercing
spelling
  • Like 1

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

29% faster in 4K is nothing to sneeze at. 

But it's what I expected. The biggest gains are going to come for chumps like me still on a 970, not the guy who has a 2080ti already. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Why is MSFS so word not allowed compared to other AAA titles?

Linus not an average of 41 fps in 4K ultra preset:

• Like 2

Nice, I get about 11-17fps in 4K Ultra!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, GodAtum said:

Does MSFS support ray-tracing and RTX IO?

None of the RTX features are supported.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

You might want to rethink a 3080 in MSFS ONLY if your running a decent 2080

18:14

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I mean I have a 1080 currently for me going from 28 to 48 fps seems like a worthwhile upgrade (in fact across the board for me it looks like I can expect nearly a 100%-200% increases in performance.  And really based on the Steam Hardware surveys this card is designed to get those on the 10 series cards to upgrade.  The fact it holds up so well against a card that just a month ago was running 1200-1300 dollars is nothing to sneeze at.  Maybe not worth it going from a 2080 Ti to a 3080 but I suspect those who have a 2080 Ti and plopped down that amount of money likely will not be getting a card this generation anyways.

Edited by pjs37
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, pjs37 said:

I mean I have a 1080 currently for me going from 28 to 48 fps seems like a worthwhile upgrade (in fact across the board for me it looks like I can expect nearly a 100%-200% increases in performance.  And really based on the Steam Hardware surveys this card is designed to get those on the 10 series cards to upgrade.  The fact it holds up so well agains ta card that just a motnh ago was running 1200-1300 dollars is nothing to sneeze at.  Maybe not worth it going from a 2080 Ti to a 3080 but I suspect those who have a 2080 Ti and plopped down that amount of money likely will not be getting a card this generation anyways.

good point, I'm using a 1080 and really considering the 3080...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I think there is some optimizations that MSFS 2020 can provide yet.  But I am delighted its being used as a benchmark because it is a good program that can test both CPU and GPU performance.  If you have a 2080 Ti and want an upgrade hopefully the 3090 will be that upgrade (We will see in a week I guess)

8 minutes ago, pjs37 said:

Maybe not worth it going from a 2080 Ti to a 3080 but I suspect those who have a 2080 Ti and plopped down that amount of money likely will not be getting a card this generation anyways.

well as a 2080ti owner for a few years for me only the 3090 is interesting, thats the one i plan to buy, not only for MSFS but especialy for VR games.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, javelina said:

good point, I'm using a 1080 and really considering the 3080...

haha I think we both have the same exact card the evga 1080 SC

• Like 1

1080 Guys its a no brainer 3080 would be a welcomed upgrade for sure - I see a trend over the years high end cards to the next generation high end cards only yields about 25% performance leap at least in flightsim

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett