Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

A short review of the RTX 3080 with MSFS 2020 Youtube

1 minute ago, pjs37 said:

haha I think we both have the same exact card the evga 1080 SC

Exactly!  🙂

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

For someone like myself who has no desktop PC at the moment, the RTX 3080 seems to be a good buy for a new PC build. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

For someone like myself who has no desktop PC at the moment, the RTX 3080 seems to be a good buy for a new PC build. 

It absolutely is.  If you have a 10th gen or older or you are building a new PC that is the card you want.  I wouldn't get a 20 series at all at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

well to be honest, if there would not be a 3090 i would upgrade to a 3080, simply it is faster then a 2080ti. I expect around +15 additional fps with the 3090 but we have to wait a few more days for the first benchmarks.

The power consumption is what's keeping me down, do I really want to double my electricity bills for 15-20fps more?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

22 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

well as a 2080ti owner for a few years for me only the 3090 is interesting, thats the one i plan to buy, not only for MSFS but especialy for VR games.

My plans as well. Hopefully, the boost from 10 GB to 24 GB of VRAM on the 3090 will help!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

6 minutes ago, Pugilist2 said:

My plans as well. Hopefully, the boost from 10 GB to 24 GB of VRAM on the 3090 will help!

I hope a 3080TI comes out that has between 10-24GB VRAM.

Well from my 1070 to a 3080 is 100% up lift in all.......wow

I wonder when they say CPU caped, is it when they run FPS unlimited.

MSFS runs so much smoother when I use NVCP and cap FPS to 30. Unlimited is like running your car into the red line all the time, just how does your CPU have time to breath or have the time for other things when run at 100% all the time? no suprise when your asking it to give you the max FPS 100% of the time, you want to load in an airport....O wait.....sorry am running flat out here...have some stutters on me....

When capped at 30, PC makes 30 and thinks...hmmm I have some free time what would you like me to do in that free time? how about start loading in that airport or the city?...because i'm twirling my thumbs here! unlike my unlimited friend that has no time as he MUST produce max FPS all the time no matter what!

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

31 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

The power consumption is what's keeping me down, do I really want to double my electricity bills for 15-20fps more?

Surely a few hundred extra watts used a few hours a day can’t double an electricity bill? 

I worked out an extra £60 ish per year  by switching to a 3090 at 10 hours per week average. 

https://www.sust-it.net/energy-calculator.php

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Surely a few hundred extra watts used a few hours a day can’t double an electricity bill? 

I worked out an extra £60 ish per year  by switching to a 3090 at 10 hours per week average. 

I'm not concerned about the cost of electricity as much as the heat output. 350 watts for just the GPU is getting into the realm of small space heater. Not a big deal in winter if you live some place cold enough to crack a window open but in summer its just not fun.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, L3m0n said:

I'm not concerned about the cost of electricity as much as the heat output. 350 watts for just the GPU is getting into the realm of small space heater. Not a big deal in winter if you live some place cold enough to crack a window open but in summer its just not fun.

not at all so wrong, it becomes very warm in the summer in my PC room too,
i have been playing with the idea of transporting the heat from the PC directly to the outside for a long time,

something like a aluminium tube, bendable:

flexibles-aluminiumrohr.jpg

😉

Edited by Nedo68
forgot the smiley ;)
  • Like 1

No one is really talking about the vram difference going from 1080ti 11gb or 2080ti 11gb, i guess a non issue from seeing these benchmarks?  I think even from a 1080ti to 3080 it "appears" it would be a worthy jump (goal being at least 45 fps for vr ability on at least high settings).  I get 40-45 fps on High as of now at 4k.  Anxious to see the 3090 jump in performance on reviews.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It's why I added Solar to my home....  🙂

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control