Sign in to follow this  
chuckcobb

Saitek X52 Pro MSFS Throttle Reversed Problem

I am having a problem getting my Saitek X52 Pro to work with MS Flight Simulator 2020:

1. Throttle is Reversed - The throttle control is reversed (Pushing the throttle control forward reduces power) and I have been unable to fix that in controls.  When I attempt to reverse the "Z-axis" in the control section of MSFS, it seems to work inside of the control section but as soon as you leave the control section and gi ubti the simulator, it goes back to being working backwards again.  As a work-around for now, I have turned the throttle control around backwards but that is annoying.

Has anyone gotten this to work successfully with MSFS?

Edited by chuckcobb

On 9/16/2020 at 4:39 PM, chuckcobb said:

I am having a problem getting my Saitek X52 Pro to work with MS Flight Simulator 2020:

1. Throttle is Reversed - The throttle control is reversed (Pushing the throttle control forward reduces power) and I have been unable to fix that in controls.  When I attempt to reverse the "Z-axis" in the control section of MSFS, it seems to work inside of the control section but as soon as you leave the control section and gi ubti the simulator, it goes back to being working backwards again.  As a work-around for now, I have turned the throttle control around backwards but that is annoying.

Has anyone gotten this to work successfully with MSFS?

I use X52 pro. 

Works ok in my install.

Go to control panel, controllers and check everything is working there. Have you installed latest drivers from Saitek? Reinstall them.

Check it works in other games/Sims?

I've had several occurrences of the throttle on my ST290Pro stick being reversed.   I know it was setup correctly in the prior flight but when I restart the sim and go to fly I find a reversed throttle tickmark in Controls.  I untick it and the throttle works as it should.  Later, after restarting a flight - I again find the tick mark in the reverse box.  I have no idea how that is happening.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

1 hour ago, ocean800353 said:

Same problem.  Was working fine until last update.

x 52 does not appear in device manager.

Do you mean the last windows update?? I'm asking coz I have an X52 pro as well and there is cumulative windows update scheduled for install...does this mess up the X52 Pro??

Mine is working perfect as of 5 minutes ago. Never a problem. Hope you get yours working.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Never had any issues using my X52 pro throttle since I first configured it in MSFS 2020, which included reversing the throttle's Z axis.  One thought is that when you exit the Controls tab, does the "X52 Professional H.O.T.A.S." tab show its setting as "DEFAULT"?  Any of your 'stick customizations should be saved in a profile which you named, and that profile's name should be displayed on that tab when you exit the Controls tab, otherwise it'll use the default's settings.  Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but just making sure.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)