Sign in to follow this  
Guest wyoming

What expectations should we have for FSX's future ?

>If indeed you are from Microsoft, can you state your real>name( correction title, my apology)and go on the record and>state in fact that MS is not working on it. >>I don't think so.Steve, your "credibility" just went down the crapper with this inane (or is it insane?) post.If you have even the slightest bit of an real knowledge on the subject, you would have instantly recognized Hal, his position at MS/ACES, and his bona-fides.Since Owen, Ron and I had the privelege of breaking bread with Hal (and the other ACES team members at Airventure 2006), I have no doubts whatsoever... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tejksed

1 point1.This idea of the ACES team to visit the forums, and communicate with the simmers is bad. I think they should remain anonymous.2.I would love to see flightsim on the xbox.

"1.This idea of the ACES team to visit the forums, and communicate with the simmers is bad. I think they should remain anonymous."Then be accused of not caring about simulator enthusiast and of not communicating openly?Hal, tried to communicate something to the community and is immediately attacked. Really, the day that people in these forums lose the "attack dog' mentality can't come too soon in my opinion.Any thinking person soon realizes that attacking others is not constructive but is in fact destructive to the purpose at hand.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Agreed, I do think Hal would be nuts to try again with people like Steve Cannell participating here.Its a sad thing, but I would totally respect MS if they decide that the community hasn't enough class and/or brains to merit the effort of outreach.Bob

Another point I'd like to make that's obvious to anyone that posts here on occasion. There are poeple that hangout around these forums that like to attack anyone with a differance of opinion to theirs or have any negative opinion towards this commercial product or the teams decision making process. You can see from their replys, some of them appear to have personal relationships with those that duties include the promotion of the product. That's fine, but personal attacks like I'm a weirdo, idiot, stupid, rude, liar, just goes to show what's really going on around here. People don't need to fly halfway accross the country to FS community pow wows to have some knowledge about flightsimming. I'll also not be goated into spouting off about how long I've been flightsimming. It's okay when used in the right context but to often it's just another way many like to belittle forum members. I think it was DR. Phil or somethin that had a show about people addicted to forums. I think there's a few of them here just waiting for opportunities to pounce on other forum members to get their kicks. They certainly aren't addicted to flightsimming or they wouldn't be here all day.Hal chose to post a reply stating "no were not". I know different. Sure maybe not working on the code yet, maybe not the ACES team. So I challenged his statement, his title, and asked anyone with any real clout from microsoft to go on the record and tell us it won't happen. I bashed nor insulted anyone. Just because someone works for microsoft or aces doesn't mean I have to take their words as gospol (no pun intended)The point of the post was to suggest to my fellow simmers, that maybe the FSX product and the decisions made by MS and it's developers is an indicator as to where this hobby is headed in the future. Hence our expectations.My last words on the subject:Isn't it interesting that from everything that I stated in the post above, all someone from aces would try and dispute was a few words "Their working on it now" taken out of context. What does that say ?

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

Steve -Your comments about the future of PC gaming are areas we obviously disagree on, but they're somewhat subjective and I wouldn't presume to begrudge you your opinion, or your theories on the viability of FS as a console title. However, you said, directly and unequivocally, that we (Microsoft) are working on Flight Sim for the Xbox360. This isn't true, so I thought it important to make that clear. And now, you've said it again. It still isn't true. You can keep saying it, and claiming you "know different", but that won't make it true. It's up to you to opine and theorize all you want - that's a huge part of what makes a forum like this dynamic and interesting. And you don't need me to tell you that you're free to claim whatever you want about Microsoft and what we're doing, what our plans are. But we're here, too, and we'll set the record straight when we need to, and as we can.

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

>Hi Hal! Love the new Sig! :)>>Best,>>Owen>Thanks, Owen!

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

>I can verify he is real- I met him at the aopa expo last year>and he is great person-and did some amazing landings with the>sim that I have yet to duplicate-and if you look closely-he>did sign his real name..>Thanks for kind words, Geoff - see you in Palm Springs?

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

>This is Hal Bryan, the "evangalist" as dubbed on the insider>website. He flys out of Harvey Field, been part of ACEs for>years, and a very nice guy. >>I'd say you owe him an apology.>>Bob B.Thanks, Bob ... I'm hard pressed to imagine someone jumping into AVSIM these days only *pretending* to be from Microsoft! ;)

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

>Hal is one of the finest members of Aces and I assure you he>is real...this from Oshkosh 2006 along with Katy Pluta who is>an MS MVP.Thanks, Ron! Are you sure you're not just saying that because I sprang for dinner at Lombardi's? Which reminds me, we have some pictures of Owen we need to post . . . ;)

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

>Since Owen, Ron and I had the privelege of breaking bread with>Hal (and the other ACES team members at Airventure 2006), I>have no doubts whatsoever... ;)I still think Owen got the best of that deal . . . ;) Thanks, Bill!

Great dinner Hal but we were Aces supporters long before the dinner invite:-) Since folks were offering their opinions I thought I would offer mine...Team Eaglesoft has been treated graciously by every one of our friends at Aces be it Oshkosh 2006, or more recently, at the Avsim Conference in Washington DC.We've enjoyed every minute we spend with the Aces guys and I will say again...some of the finest people you may want to meet, except perhaps that "Z" guy :-lol :-lolPS. Send the pics of Owen and we'll post them as well.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>Since Owen, Ron and I had the privelege of breaking bread>with>>Hal (and the other ACES team members at Airventure 2006), I>>have no doubts whatsoever... ;)>>I still think Owen got the best of that deal . . . ;) >>Thanks, Bill!LOL! You got that right... Well, maybe next year for me! One can live in hope, eh? :-beerchugDinner at Lombardi's will always be a fond memory, Hal... since you got me hooked on bacon-wrapped scallops now! :-abduct

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi, maybe you have seen my recent contributions to the forum?I can also state that we are not working on an XBox 360 version. The Graphics and Terrain team would have to be involved, and we are not tasked with anything even vaguely resembling this for, oh, at least the next 9-10 months or so.PhilSenior PM, Graphics and Terrain, Aces Studio.