Sign in to follow this  
Guest wyoming

What expectations should we have for FSX's future ?

Will dx10, windows Vista and new hardware technology improve our flightsim experience ? Is there any official statement as to what our future expections should be ? It would be nice to hear something. I've seen the artist's conception. Seems a little negligent and careless for microsoft to put the FSX brand on there. Doesn't this suggest that this is it's future. However comments from those developer blogs suggests that they haven't any progress related to a dx10 patch. I don't see how they could even make the statement that it will run better on Vista.None of this is logical, is it ? Why release a flightsim that can't perform to it fullest on any hardware available today or in the near future ? FSX does have plenty of potential, at least I see it. A huge improvement over FS9, if we had the hardware to run it !! The only logical conclusion is, this is the version for the future, the last of it's kind.Now where is this hobby headed ? It may not be official, but it's future cannot be denied.Pay attention !!!! XBOX 360 !!!!!I DON"T LIKE IT all that much either but this is the reality.Computer processing is going the multi-core route. Which works great for office and graphic applications but not so well with flightsims. This according to some that helped develope FSX. Too many hardware variables to deal with. The future of flightsimming on PC's is DEAD ! FSX is the last !Here are some of the reasons it's moving on to the xbox 360 or 460:One system, they'll know it works. The code can now be optimized.Their working on it now.GamertagsZero piracyXbox LIVE!Marketplace ( marketplace points for addons-such as aircraft, repaints, airports, etc..)Wireless headset, wireless joystick, yoke and pedals.Vision cam ( which will be made to work like Track IR )All this under Microsoft's control and on their XBOX brand.The xbox 360 has been a huge success for microsoft and adding flightsim to it will bring the FS franchise profit potential to a level never before seen. To date, all it is, is just a game. No potential beyond that. They have no control or share in the profits when addons and yokes and such are sold. This won't continue for very much longer. It's so obvious it's ridiculous !!Maybe it's time to put our disappointment of FSX aside and see it for what is is, a version designed to reach it's potential in a few years and beyond. Our PC's do evey task exceptionaly well, except flightsimming. My 3rd generation old PC system is still far beyond any that family, friends and neighbors have or need. At some point the market won't be there for these super computers. Seriously, What does a XBOX 360 cost ?edit: Interesting a comment finally from ACES. Beats my post by minutes. :-)

Interesting post and the observations from the ACES team member in the other thread not withstanding the future of flightsimming on the PC does seem rather bleak.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Hal9000 from MSFT

>Here are some of the reasons it's moving on to the xbox 360 or>460:>Their working on it now.No we're not. >Maybe it's time to put our disappointment of FSX aside and see>it for what is is, a version designed to reach it's potential>in a few years and beyond. This, however, I can agree with, at least snipped out of context like that. - Hal

If indeed you are from Microsoft, can you state your real name( correction title, my apology)and go on the record and state in fact that MS is not working on it. I don't think so.

You seem like a fool writing garbage like "I don't think so"..."state your real name"....idiotic. If I was from MS I'd sure think twice trying to communicate with the outside when people can be that rude, and that un-informed.This is Hal Bryan, the "evangalist" as dubbed on the insider website. He flys out of Harvey Field, been part of ACEs for years, and a very nice guy. I'd say you owe him an apology.Bob B

Sorry, but your point is what, that he's a real person you met at an expo ?You won't hear from anyone at microsoft that has any real clout that it isn't in the works.I think that anyone with common sense can see that 7 million xbox 360 owners, xbox Live! and what they call Marketplace will shape the future of gaming. Advanced gaming on the PC has no long term future. Not trying to promote the idea just stating the reality of the situation.I mean no disrespect to Hal. No intention to be rude.Interesting that the point I made about them working on it now is all HAl disputed. Of coarse whom, to what degree and at what stage they're working on it is relative.

Guest FxF3

Even when the Microsoft guys been over backwards to state their case and help us they get pounded for it.

Guest unitedpilot36

That's Hal Bryan dude, he's with Aces.

>>Here are some of the reasons it's moving on to the xbox 360>or>>460:>>Their working on it now.>>No we're not. That's a shame. Even an FS-X (FS-360?) light with some missions in a limited scenery (lets say Africa with elephant missions and the like or the caribian) would make a great showpiece. Think off all the tweaking possible when you work with known hardware it would run great!For me as a hardcore simmer it would provide some great light entertainment (without the tweak obsessoins of FS 'regular').It would also provide a great intro to get new flightsimmers into the franchise.I would think that an evangelist would be keen on such a great opportunity to 'convert' even more gamers to become FSers ;-)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

>>Here are some of the reasons it's moving on to the xbox 360>or>>460:>>Their working on it now.>>No we're not. >>>Maybe it's time to put our disappointment of FSX aside and>see>>it for what is is, a version designed to reach it's>potential>>in a few years and beyond. >>This, however, I can agree with, at least snipped out of>context like that. >>- HalHi Hal! Love the new Sig! :)Best,Owen

IF I were the executive in Microsoft with overall responsibility for FSX AND FSX was as bad as some posters claim, I'd be tempted have the ACES just do enough work to make it acceptable and then disband the team. However of course, the ultimate decision will depend whether on FSX meets it sales targets, allowing for the cost of any work to make it acceptable.

Guest robby88

>Sorry, but your point is what, that he's a real person you>met at an expo ?>>You won't hear from anyone at microsoft that has any real>clout that it isn't in the works.>>I think that anyone with common sense can see that 7 million>xbox 360 owners, xbox Live! and what they call Marketplace>will shape the future of gaming. Advanced gaming on the PC has>no long term future. >>Not trying to promote the idea just stating the reality of the>situation.>>I mean no disrespect to Hal. No intention to be rude.>Interesting that the point I made about them working on it now>is all HAl disputed. Of coarse whom, to what degree and at>what stage they're working on it is relative.Some info on who Hal is at FS Insider.http://www.fsinsider.com/Community/From-the-Team/

Sorry STeve, you can't expect anyone to agree that:<<>>In your post to Hal you first: questioned his authenticity, and then (here's the rude part) concluded that he was not authentic all by yourself.That's simply rude. And it was intentional.Time to take responsibility for your bad behaviour.Bob

>If indeed you are from Microsoft, can you state your real>name( correction title, my apology)and go on the record and>state in fact that MS is not working on it. >>I don't think so.Hal is one of the finest members of Aces and I assure you he is real...this from Oshkosh 2006 along with Katy Pluta who is an MS MVP.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160382.jpg

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png