Sign in to follow this  
JollyRogerz

Trouble exporting flight plan to MSFS 2020

New to pilot2atc I made a flight plan in P2Atc and exported it but when I open it in MSFS 2020 it just has a direct flight path and none of the additional waypoints from departure and arrival.  Any help would be appriciated

You need to export to the P3Dv4 format which should export the Names of the procedures so MSFS can add them to the import.  If MSFS does not have those procedures in the data, then you would get the results you're getting.

Also, if you are exporting to P3Dv3 format, the procedures are not exported unless you check the option in Config->FltPln to "Export SID/STAR/Approach Waypoints".

Dave

Thank you I will try that out tonight, just wanna get a good grasp on it during the trial, feel like its already a purchase to me cant stand ATC in stock game.

Hi,

In my experience MSFS doesn't import .pln waypoints and I can't even see all of them on the map. But I have found that if you type the name of the waypoints in the world map search bar, they exist and you can add them manually! This way you'll get all of them in your avionics.

I use MSFS 2020.  The trick is this.. export your plan from P2A, then load in MSFS.  Just ignore the flight screen in MSFS.  It wont generally show you the correct SIDS  STARS or Approach etc.   BUT, the plan line should match.  You will find when you then load into the plane, the FMS should line up with everything.