If you do, you certainly know Miles "Tails" Prower (better known as just Tails), the iconic blue blur's all-time bestie & sidekick. It's also no secret that the twin-tailed yellow / orange & white fox is particularly fond of engineering & flying ... Something all of us here are also fond of. I mean, how else can you love ✈ ?

Per the biographical info that I could get of him, he loves airplanes too and has several aircraft iterations throughout the franchise's media. Out of this and the lock-downs giving me ample free time ... This idea crossed my mind - With his fondness of airplanes & several 'excursions' to the 'real world' (cue the relatively recently released movie - one of the final blockbusters before COVID-induced cinema closures, the Olympic-themed games also featuring one of Nintendo's most iconic franchises & the Sonic X TV series), what if he gets contracted by an airline & featured as part of decor for one of the things that he loves ?

And so ... The concept was born, out of a hypothetical collaboration between SEGA and Scoot Airlines of Singapore, thanks to the latter's yellow & white livery. Here's my concept for it ...

50348932821_4dd86a167e_o.jpg

50349165807_d0d0a4406c_o.jpg

The concept I took on for this livery, with account to most Sonic games being known as high-speed platformers ("gotta go fast !"), was for Tails (and the iconic blue blur in some spots) exploring parts of Sonic stages (in this case, Chemical plant & Green Hill zones) blended in with some real-world landmarks of Scoot destinations (had there been no COVID-19, anyway). Because of the fictional nature of the livery, I decided to give it a fictional registration as well (9V-OJT) that still follows Scoot 787-9 registration format ... And T for Tails' initial. For aircraft name, I decided to settle on Tails' full name - Miles "Tails" Prower. Not a problem in my opinion due to the rather random nature of Scoot's 787-9 naming pattern (from Dream Start to Maju-Lah to Holiyear)

50348932901_fc914ac30f_o.jpg

50348236848_840ca4c890_o.jpg

50349096496_6669b6f559_o.jpg

As said before, Scoot's flights to Athens & Berlin have been suspended amid the pandemic. I decided to keep the featured landmarks of both cities however - the Brandenburg Gate / Berlin TV Tower and the Parthenon of Athens. In a way, i also feel like the buildings based on the Chemical Plant zone also resemble Honolulu ... Scoot used to fly there via Osaka.

For this livery's inaugural "flight", I decided to do TR8 (based on real-world Scoot schedule, Singapore ✈ Perth) - at around 4 hours, the time fits my petty chaotic schedule amid online classes @ college. Don't get me wrong, I would've loved longer flights like to Osaka (and on to Honolulu - Scoot used to fly there not so long ago), Sydney or Shenyang 😛

Here are my shots of the livery concept all the way until landing at Perth (YPPH) - apologies for the extremely dark surroundings of Perth (probably caused by improper ORBX Australia installation or something, gotta check it out). Enjoy the twin-tailed friendly flyer !

50349092687_fe29ca97b8_o.jpg

50349092792_7f9916e907_o.jpg

50348933416_5bde030507_o.jpg

50348237148_98af850eb0_o.jpg

50348933601_4d353c1280_o.jpg

50348933711_a7855f8f45_o.jpg

50348933646_2c271d0e1f_o.jpg

50348237658_59c03a89d8_o.jpg

50349464812_24b9d71ba9_o.jpg

50349093217_423e146976_o.jpg

50348237848_155ba21d78_o.jpg

50348933896_b35e7617d5_o.jpg

50348934001_a698d7ffea_o.jpg

50348934111_864ee772bd_o.jpg

50349092212_fb6d315f2b_o.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, whether this livery will get painted on a real-life plane ... That would be the realm of corporate talks between Scoot & SEGA - I merely built this livery as a concept since I see potential in such a livery. Scoot (as with many other airlines worldwide) is certainly facing a corporate storm inflicted by the notorious sub-microscopic entity wreaking the world in havoc ... Should Scoot survive the pandemic, perhaps they can consider a special livery or two to boost passenger numbers ?

I am glad though for SEGA's relatively chill stance on fan-works - copyrights were a major concern when I first constructed this livery, even though I'm sure that technically my work as a whole still falls under fair use considering the scale of edits that I did throughout my work on this livery. I currently only painted this livery for QualityWings (since I lack the time), but should you want to reuse the paint on another model after I release this into the library, feel free !

Edited by WanTjhen777
  • Like 4

Very nice series with enjoyable theme and livery...🙂...cute tidbits to go with it...too...!!

I am long familiar with the Scoot 737 Repaints....And, coincidentally, I was recently flying the QW 787-9 Scoot (had picked it up from the QW Website) without knowing that it was, indeed, called "Dream Start"....as you've said...(and the 787-8 Scoot there, looks like, is called "Lickity-Split")...

Anyway, here, SEGA meets Scoot...sounds good...🙂...!!

• Like 1

Tails is certainly scooting along that fuselage! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

12 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Very nice series with enjoyable theme and livery...🙂...cute tidbits to go with it...too...!!

I am long familiar with the Scoot 737 Repaints....And, coincidentally, I was recently flying the QW 787-9 Scoot (had picked it up from the QW Website) without knowing that it was, indeed, called "Dream Start"....as you've said...(and the 787-8 Scoot there, looks like, is called "Lickity-Split")...

Anyway, here, SEGA meets Scoot...sounds good...🙂...!!

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Tails is certainly scooting along that fuselage! :biggrin:

Thankies :3
I sure wish this livery can be brought to life someday