Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

GL Alan 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

44 minutes ago, YoYo said:

"Press any key" at beginning is present still ???

I saw the message and before I could hit my spacebar, the sim began to load.

Can't say I'm too impressed so far. Performance seems worse for me was getting a nice smooth 40fps limited  with no stutters with V-Sync on and my GPU was coasting along nicely at 75-80% with temps about 60C before the patch.

After patch I'm getting more drops from the 40 fps down to about 35 and back up again which I didn't have before. And now my GPU is pegged out at 100% with the temps going up to 80C. I've checked the graphics settings and they haven't changed.

So worse performance, hotter CPU and more power being used ☹️

Ah yes! Starting to see some good progress! Winds are indeed working.

Best news is that they are addressing some of the GPS functionality. At least in the G1000, you can now select direct to any airport and then load the correct approaches for that airport. They still have a looooong way to go, though.  You can select Direct to a point further down in a flight plan....unfortunately it completely wipes out your plan and replaces it with a simple direct to. Sigh...oh well, at least they are getting closer.

Chris

Wow this update is taking ages, 1 hour 40 mins so far on 75 mb per second 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Wow this update is taking ages, 1 hour 40 mins so far on 75 mb per second 

Update saying its 11.46 on the right side of bar. But so far it's on 15.70gib and going still... kinda confused...

Roi Ben

mines frozen currently but I am assuming thats because everyone and their dog is trying to update 🙂

• Like 3

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

OMG I see something other than 3! Yeah!

unknown.png?width=2222&height=1250

• Like 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Did they add water spray effects?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

Update saying its 11.46 on the right side of bar. But so far it's on 15.70gib and going still... kinda confused...

Mine said 15.69gib but ended up with 23.67gib (in the middle of the white bar. Now decompressing - took less than 12 mins for the 23.67 🙂

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

OMG I see something other than 3! Yeah!

Map wind direction still bugged.

• Upvote 2

Roi Ben

31 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Not seeing any available update on the Steam edition. Anyone does?

Click play and it will take you to the sim where it checks for updates.

Just now, Jack B said:

Click play and it will take you to the sim where it checks for updates.

You should see approx 600mb steam update, download that directly from within steam (don't launch MSFS)

Once this is done, launch MSFS and you should see "checking for updates" then follow on screen instructions.

Thomas Derbyshire

Weather is now broken for me. I never had any issues before the patch.

Got a local airstrip 2 miles up the road from my house which I can see from my window.. I'm in the UK.

Flying out of there before the patch, the weather, temperature and winds have always been very accurate to what I can see outside.

Just tried after the patch and it was Low cloud and very grey outside with temps at about 19C and winds 16Kts from N.East.

In sim with live weather on it was blue skies with temps at 12C and No wind.

Maybe they fixed it for the US and broke it for the UK, it's the first time I've seen it so completely different from the real weather.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Map wind direction still bugged.

So far look goods

image0.jpg?width=577&height=1249

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI