Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

Wow, very noticeable increase in performance with this update! I am now getting 38-40fps in 1440p Ultra settings!

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Wow, very noticeable increase in performance with this update! I am now getting 38-40fps in 1440p Ultra settings!

I was just reading the msfs forums and the consensus there seems to be similar to yours. Better performance.

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So far look goods

unknown.png?width=2222&height=1250

On your PFD its showing winds at 10kt from W. at the upper right side of your map its showing 10kt from E

Roi Ben

I finally figured out how to find updates in the MS Store. Downloaded the patch in less than a minute. Have to love Fios 1G ethernet.  🙂

Updating now. 

Bob

Edited by BobP

42 minutes ago, XFADED said:

I have updated through steam which is just the 500 or megabytes for the launcher but didn't get any downloads ingame. I did check the Content Manager and checking all boxes prompted a 5 gig download. Game crashed as it was working that out though. Launched a second time and that triggered the download. So if you're having trouble probably try to relaunch a few times or try updating the content manager packages. You should be downlaoding about 15 gigs on the launch page normally. In my case i have the premium deluxe.

That was very useful. Followed your procedure and now updater kicks in. Thanks

Edited by FS++

After the update, flight plans do not appear on Avionics and FMC. 

Someone with the same problem?

Edited by andrevieira

1 minute ago, BobP said:

I have no idea how to update the sim.

When I try to launch the sim I get a message to update the sim in the MS Store before launch. I'm redirected to the MS Store and been watching the trailer for an hour, I see no link to a installation manager nor update. Can someone explain is suppose to happen if the servers are not boinked.  Thank you.

Bob

There is a little right arrow, it almost looks like a play button. Push this and it will download the first part then start msfs and it will then download the big update.Grab some lunch.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

9 minutes ago, BobP said:

I have no idea how to update the sim.

When I try to launch the sim I get a message to update the sim in the MS Store before launch. I'm redirected to the MS Store and been watching the trailer for an hour, I see no link to a installation manager nor update. Can someone explain is suppose to happen if the servers are not boinked.  Thank you.

Bob

I had to press a small arrow at the top on the right to start the download. Ah someone beat me to it!

Edited by SteveFx

So it downloaded some 20gb, decompressed few things and went back to 5gb just to keep on downloading another huge file... why is it so long and chaotic ?

Roi Ben