Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

47 minutes ago, psolk said:

took me less than 6 minutes for the entire thing...  was regularly at 350-450 down so the pipes are there on their end...  

I realised with mine it had actually got stuck or in a loop trying to download one of the Paris Airports. Killed it, went downstairs to watch a movie, now trying again.

Nope, looks like it is still sticking on this file - gets to around 35% then goes back to zero.

How irksome.

Edited by Elvensmith

I don't have a sensitivity menu for the controls anymore.

Anybodyelse?

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Checked windy.com, Pensacola looked interesting, getting 166/32 at 1000ft. Both plane and environment seems to react properly. Also - ATIS corresponds well to METAR 😁

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

they have official forums you can post on.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/

And so far you're the only one (here at least) that is posting any major performance issues.

I've only seen performance increases as have many other people posting in here and on the official forums.

He's not the only one, I posted earlier, it's much worse for me since the patch, Was silky smooth before, now it stutters like hell and my GPU is pegged at 100% where before it was at 75-80% . Also increased my GPU temp. into  the low 80's C where it was 65C before.

Weather is now broken for me when it worked before.

Load times have not improved like others have said but it does return to the main menu more quickly.

The only improvement I have found is the Compass in my Cessna 172 is much clearer.

But I won't be flying with the performance as it is now so I won't be looking at the compass. Unless I can find a fix for this I won't be playing this sim again for a while .Will have to see what the next patch brings.  A real shame as I was enjoying the flying before.

aside from a few small issues, much needed improvement! I saw a nice FPS increase, better load times, more complete loading without having to pan around for 2 minutes letting everything load in. Much smoother flight. Me happy simmer!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Must've bugged when I first tried - it was a persistence issue. Restarted the sim and weather was completely accurate at Atlanta. Interesting. 

It works on the first flight, if you change locations, live weather doesn't work on flights after that. Have to restart the sim. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgsweat said:

It works on the first flight, if you change locations, live weather doesn't work on flights after that. Have to restart the sim. 

wont work, even if you select live weather? It always resets after flight.

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Looking around on other forums I'm beginning to form the opinion that those with Intel CPU's are seeing performance gains and AMD CPU's it's not so good. Ruined it for me anyway almost unflyable in most situations now ☹️

Edited by Blat14
spelling

Just now, zemez said:

wont work, even if you select live weather. It always resets after flight.

Yes, and then you have to restart the sim to get live weather to work again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I had performance issues also after update.  Make sure your Rendering Scale is as it was before and check your Depth of Field settings.  Some updates have changed my graphics settings without any notification.  Also, delete your rolling cache and then create a new one ... 64GB seems to work well for me.

Cheers, Rob.

Great info Rob thanks 

Rich Sennett