Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

I was hoping i was not going to be one of the "lucky ones" but looks as i am 😞 

That stutter when panning and when loading new area is now even worse... much worse

Roi Ben

I feel bad for all of the ridiculing going on in the MSFS patch thread. Hope they don’t scare Asobo away and they keep up their enthusiasm with these updates... yes, there are critical issues, but calling the devs incompetent and saying the interns have taken over? Ayy that’s too far.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Yaw damper still doesn't activate together with autopilot on the TBM...

Yes it does, just tried it and it works as the update states

What I'm seeing, I don't recall seeing before the patch (just tried the TBM), is that when flying on turbulent air the cabin shakes accordingly but if I switch my view to the left wing for example, the wing doesn't move at all, it's like if the cabin has its own shock absorbers, very strange indeed, don't remember feeling this before the patch.

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

Just now, Rob_Ainscough said:

I had performance issues also after update.  Make sure your Rendering Scale is as it was before and check your Depth of Field settings.  Some updates have changed my graphics settings without any notification.  Also, delete your rolling cache and then create a new one ... 64GB seems to work well for me.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for reply but I checked all my settings the only one I could see that was changed was the depth of field, reset that to how I had it and restarted PC etc.... but so far it's stutter and low fps hell for me now. Plus my GPU is pegged out on 100% core where it was ok before and my VRam usage is almost always at full capacity of 8GB, was varying from 4 to 8 before depending on location etc...

Not tried the cache reset, will try that now but I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Just wrapped up the first couple of tests in and around New York/Manhattan in the A320, and safe to say already, wow... what a difference!

Right off the bat, using the exact same settings and starting out at KLGA, only the Empire State Building (custom object) would be visible in the distance with terrain/object lods set to 100 and photogrammetry off. I'm now seeing a ton of autogen buildings from the tarmac.

Perhaps most important of all, my aging system with just 4 physical cores had been struggling to keep up with the more powerful GPU. Using a ton of custom tweaks along with the refresh rate mod, I had managed to improve things but micro stutters would persist. Well, no more. The sim was smooooooth throughout in what I'd classify as a very demanding scenario (Manhattan).

On top of that, my landings were always bumpy in the airliners and while still not perfect, they're much better. Not sure what changed there (haven't fully read the changelog yet) but it's certainly not a placebo. It's a very noticeable change in my sim.

I'm not much for hyperboles but everything is quite simply better on my end using the latest update. Hats off to you guys, Asobo. I'm super impressed by this update!

Edited by AviationEnthusiast
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

Family: why is our internet so slow today?

Me: No idea but I'll check.

A few minutes later. . .

Family: Well?

Me: Okay, just everybody disconnect everything you've got connected to the net for a moment. That's great. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

Just wrapped up the first couple of tests in and around New York/Manhattan in the A320, and safe to say already, wow... what a difference!

Right off the bat, using the exact same settings and starting out at KLGA, only the Empire State Building (custom object) would be visible in the distance with terrain/object lods set to 100 and photogrammetry off. I'm now seeing a ton of autogen buildings from the tarmac.

Wouldnt photogrammetry off show less buildings ? thanks 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

12 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Wouldnt photogrammetry off show less buildings ? thanks 

It depends on your settings. Using higher lod values, the autogen (photogrammetry = off) will extend further out. By default, the sim is limited to a value of 2.0000 (200 in sim) but you can change it to a higher number (eg. 8.0000) in your UserCfg.opt file if you have the processing power to back it up.

There are pros and cons to both settings. I personally prefer the autogen as photogrammetry can look questionable and produce weird artifacts. Autogen is always sharp but you lose the distinct skylines. It's a trade off.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

It depends on your settings. Using higher lod values, the autogen (photogrammetry = off) will extend further out. By default, the sim is limited to a value of 2.0000 (200 in sim) but you can change it to a higher number (eg. 8.0000) in your UserCfg.opt file if you have the processing power to back it up.

There are pros and cons to both settings. I personally prefer the autogen as photogrammetry can look questionable and produce weird artifacts. Autogen is always sharp but you lose the distinct skylines. It's a trade off.

Hmm have to look more into this I would think your missing photogrammetry goodies from what I read so far after a 2 min search lol 

Rich Sennett

This update is extremely good! I no longer get micro stutters and fps is very good on my NYC test. Now with ultra on 2K screen, I get over NYC around 45-50 fps with A320. Very good job Microsoft/Asobo!! 

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Has that annoying bug been fixed whereby on the G1000 you press Activate the Approach, and the plane turns around and flies away from the airport?

Greazer.

I was looking for this in the patch notes as well. It's incredibly bad this was never noticed to begin with. But I don't see anything in the notes about it. 

My observations of the update so far. Overall a very big improvement.

Tested only GA aircraft so far in various conditions at various airport and scenery. sys- 4790k/ 1080ti/ 16gb/ ssd/ 1440p gsync/ tm warthog + pedals/ trackir5

- Loading times much quicker 

- Initial fps stutter while loading scenery at startup is all but gone

- Overall fps is up by at least 10fps overall and my GPU is being used more effectively (almost like the cockpit view is now performing as well as the external view would perform prior to the update)

- The huge/intermittent stutters that I was experiencing while in flight (partially resolved using process lasso trick) are gone! I can stop using Process Lasso now! Yay!

- Winds in general are better. Weather related wind effects on the aircraft are noticeably better

- This last one is interesting and I'm almost certain its not placebo - control sensitivity & response is better during an approach and landing, strange but true. I can land better!?

Good job Asobo! Thx 

• Like 1

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

19 minutes ago, Blat14 said:

Not tried the cache reset, will try that now but I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Tried the cache option but it crashes now on trying to enter that screen, FPS counter I have at top shows 40fps before I click the button then gradually drops to 1fps and the mouse moves in jerks until it finally hangs so can't reset the cache now.

38 minutes ago, killthespam said:

I don't have a sensitivity menu for the controls anymore.

Anybodyelse?

Same here...aaaaaaaargh

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Stopped at 1.49 GIB. WON'T GO ANY FARTHER. May have to reboot and try again. This happen to anyone else?