Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Am I the only one who is worried about controller sensitivity? ASOBO better have a fix or allow me to delay the patch update. I do not want to brake my enjoyable sim.

I haven't noticed any adverse affects of the sensitivity menu having disappeared. As a matter of fact, I think the A/C are flying better. Maybe the settings have been saved from before but I definitely noticed a smoothing out in at least one or two instances. I fly the Pipistrel a lot and have done multiple takeoffs now and it's not nearly as squirrely as it was. Could be placebo effect but I don't think so. The Cessnas seem better to me, as well. Haven't tried anything else yet.

Performance has noticeably improved for me, too (i7 4790, RTX 3070 SUPER, 32G RAM). I'm running 4K on a 43" Samsung TV and was having to use the 30hz refresh rate trick to get my FPS stable. I am now using 60hz again. I've kept V-sync on in the sim but dropped the frame rate limit to 30 FPS (in sim, also) and everything is very smooth. For me, it's been better than using comparable settings via NCP.

Although they added the new Active Pause button in the tool bar, it's still broken. I've only experimented with the C172s but with the autopilot on and Active Pause selected, you can watch the trim wheel turning full nose-up within seconds of activating it, followed by a very predictable outcome once you disengage the AP.

Also, the departure airport history (last 3 airports) is broke for me. The history shows the last 3 airports I visited pre-patch and they haven't changed since.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

3 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

I would assume you guys are restarting your computer after update

I was wondering the same thing? I always do a reboot after any updating. 

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

yeah rebooted a  few times already made no difference, i've got it back to usable, but it was way better before the patch

Edited by Blat14
  • Like 1

Sometimes I dont but thought I would ask - Controller sensitivity missing as stated so not as worked up about my yoke showing up without he clamp 😞 

Rich Sennett

Still getting CTD's in the Longitude after the patch.  This has something to do with scenery loading.  Like I said in another thread once I fly the route and get past all the CTD locations something must get put into local cache where I no longer have the problem on that route.  After the patch I have to do this all over again to fly the routes I was able to fly to before.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

Still getting CTD's in the Longitude after the patch.  This has something to do with scenery loading.  Like I said in another thread once I fly the route and get past all the CTD locations something must get put into local cache where I no longer have the problem on that route.  After the patch I have to do this all over again to fly the routes I was able to fly to before.

Have you tried reducing your GPU OC? 

16 minutes ago, air-ick said:

I haven't noticed any adverse affects of the sensitivity menu having disappeared. As a matter of fact, I think the A/C are flying better. Maybe the settings have been saved from before but I definitely noticed a smoothing out in at least one or two instances.

I'm thinking the settings stayed the same at least and didn't reset to default.  So, as long as you had your sensitivities where you wanted them, you should be ok.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

41 minutes ago, Blat14 said:

Apart from the more erratic performance I was also concerned that the GPU was now running constantly at 100% and my temps were going up from about 65 to 82C. Fortuntately going back to nvidia control panel frame rate limiting to 40 fps has mostly cured that but not as good as it was before the patch.

I limited to 35fps in nvidia control panel before and after the patch, and now GPU is about 10% higher, at average of about 60%. Much better performance, less peaking of CPU to 100% and when it does I don't get the big stutters I used to.

27 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Have you tried reducing your GPU OC? 

Rule #1 NEVER OC a gpu - very little to gain and if not done correctly instant hosed video card in 2 seconds - been there done that never again 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2

Rich Sennett

6 hours ago, Blat14 said:

Downloading now, was up to 10.5GB out of 15.69, went to make a cuppa and when I came back 5 minutes later it was only on 9GB, seemed to have dropped back by about 1.5 GB which is a bit concerning?

I believe you are required to watch the download. If you walk away it will slow down or even stop altogether.

lol

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Rule #1 NEVER OC a gpu - very little to gain and if not done correctly instant hosed video card in 2 seconds - been there done that never again 

Outdated advice. Very hard to kill even older cards like my GTX980 unless you flash on unauthorised firmware to unlock the voltages, they're quite locked down as supplied with good thermal throttling so difficult to fry.

I've got a modest overclock of 100 MHz extra on the core and 375 MHz on the memory with just 35 mV extra using MSI afterburner and I've also customised the fan curve to get temperatures lower.

The reason I would advise against GPU overclock is because it's hard to find a stable point; I ran mine at 250 MHz overclock stable on a benchmark, but it will make COD and MFS CTD.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just as a reminder folks..live WX still doesn't work.  At least for me.  Winds aloft might...but WX itself does not.  Not sure if it's actually working for anyone else.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

23 minutes ago, desbean said:

I limited to 35fps in nvidia control panel before and after the patch, and now GPU is about 10% higher, at average of about 60%. Much better performance, less peaking of CPU to 100% and when it does I don't get the big stutters I used to.

Why are you running your GPU at 60%? It should be at maximum power 95-100% you have paid for that performance, so why only run it at 60%? Crank up the graphics that are most GPU dependent so the card work at it's full potential, it will help your CPU get less stressful as well.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, SteveFx said:

My settings were completely reset mainly to low from high/ ultra.

I should have been more specific, I was wondering if it added or removed any settable options, thus having an old version read only might break the game.   But from another poster It sounds like this patch does not change the options available in UserCfg.opt