Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

10 hours ago, dolbinau said:

Mine says it's 1.8.3 in the top right-hand corner but I don't recall it downloading 11GB. Is it possible something has gone wrong and it's not fully updated? Not sure if the TBM AP YD is working automatically with AP either.

Answered my own question in case anyone has this issue - if it doesn't download this it's not patched properly. Mine worked after leaving it overnight/restarting - running the sim it finally has come up. 

37 minutes ago, raknal said:

Having the same problem with this File fs-base-cgl-0.1.30.fspatch.001 takes forever and has started redownloading a couple of dozen times right now

Any ideas how to get the D/L to finish, or is it worthwhile to just uninstall the sim and start6 with a fresh download

pause it, close the program restart the program.. seems to kick it into a new connection..  had to do that twice last night, but it finished fine:)

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

After a first try with the 787 i can`t see any Flightplan loaded in the FMC..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Patch works for me. Downloaded without problems in about a hour on a 50MB fibre line. I cut all potential conflicts (the fixes and advancements on C152, A320 and G1000) from my Community Folder first. I have kept them out for now until we know there are no conflicts with this patch. Given the extensive nature of the patch I would be surprised if there are no conflicts. Restarted the PC after the update.

Time from clicking the MSFS button in Steam to being at the main menu in MSFS has gone from a best recorded time 2:40 down to 2:01 (Nvme / SSD combo). That's pretty decent.

The FPS improvements that everyone is raving about are probably attributable, at least in part, to the new Glass Cockpit Frame Rate adjuster option, which on my PC was set by default to Medium. I don't know how that relates to the previous refresh rate but I assume it is lower - I run most settings on Ultra and things are liquid smooth.

Things that have now been broken include losing controller sensitivity settings and in the one and only test flight I did so far, in the C152, all the radios died and never came back on. That's a significant new bug. Let's hope Asobo issue a hot fix to address at least some of the key issues arising from the patch in the coming days.

• Like 5

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

4 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Honestly, I might take a bit of a break from MSFS now, when the sim decided to uninstall itself. I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't patch some of the performance and fuel parameters of some planes like the jets, when it seems quite trivial to adjust things like fuel load and fuel burn by swapping out some numbers.

I was really hoping I could finally start flying the Longitude, and now that still seems to take quite a while.

My favorite now is the Longitude or both jets, something new, funny and fresh for flight simulation the jets to me, hope that they be "Study-level" in the near future.
Checking unlimited fuel in options is the solution by the moment for me and for both jets.

• Like 1

Just for shure not doeing sometthing wrong, can anybody load a saved or newly generated fligtplan to the 787`s FMC ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

Same with the A320N....
Waiting for a FIX for this.

• Upvote 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Flies so smooth now, low refresh rate in A320 gives me 60FPS, weather works and the bumps and shakes are all there and loads quick.  I'm just limited by GPU now I don't have those CGTD draw issues anymore.  Well done!

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

10 minutes ago, altenae said:

Same with the A320N....
Waiting for a FIX for this.

14 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Just for shure not doeing sometthing wrong, can anybody load a saved or newly generated fligtplan to the 787`s FMC ?

cheers 😉

19 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

Those with problems loading FPLs in the aircraft, try to withdraw the patches in the community folder and restart. I had the same problem, and after doing that it solved.

I kept the modified A320 in the community folder when I updated the sim. Was that wrong? Also, should I remove this version now and wait for an updated one? I flew it yesterday and it felt like a flying brick with all the old issues I had with the default A320 during final and touchdown. Up and down, left-right like a rollercoaster, critical sinkrate and float combined and then finally touchdown in true RyanAir style and rollout like a clown on a unicycle.

This sim gives me bad self esteem... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flightsim1818 said:

kept the modified A320 in the community folder when I updated the sim. Was that wrong? Also, should I remove this version now and wait for an updated one?

I don't think leaving it in the Community folder while doing the update would be a problem but I would suggest pulling it out from there until the developers can make any necessary changes to address conflicts with the new patch. Remember, the A320 Mod may be fixing things that Asobo has now also worked on and that is almost guaranteed to create unexpected issues. I'm sure updates (if required) will come along quickly.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

33 minutes ago, fsxkitty said:

Anyone else getting stuck on a black screen when starting the game?

The first time I started the game after installing the patch i got a black screen for a while, but not since then.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Bottle said:

I'm part of the Microsoft User Research Survey. Week 4's questions included one about what we think of the "Press any key". So they know that people don't like it and there must be a possibility of removing it otherwise they wouldn't have asked. Let's hope the message comes loud and clear to them. Two more weeks for the surveys, so it's possible it could get removed in the next patch.

While I agree they should remove it, I would care a lot less if MSFS kept loading in the background while saying "Press any key". The problem I see is that you can't just launch it, walk away to do something else during the 2, 3, or more minutes it takes to load, and when you return it's ready to use. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600