Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

1 hour ago, StoneDoor said:

Dis you try this trick, RustyFlyer mentioned?

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

I didn't, certainly going to try it next time.

I left my computer running overnight, this morning it had finished the download.

Well out of desperation I tried this and yes, it does seem to have finally stopped the patcher dropping the big files.

Error updating in the Microsoft store or MSFS2020

Error Code: 0x80070490

Tried everything on the internet..
Nothing fixed it.

Anyone ?

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

I spoke too soon, it's choked again this time on fs-base-cgl 0.1.30 something or other.

What a crock of absolute... tripe.

Asobo and MS need to pull their socks up and get a better patching process than this especially as it sounds from those who have successfully downloaded and installed the patch is going to need another patch to fix everything it broke. Amateurs.

Edited by Elvensmith
  • Like 3

Does anyone else have any of the following issues:

1. The logbook congratulating you on a completed flight once you turn off the engines at your selected gate.

2. Not being able to select clearance delivery at the start of an IFR flight?

3. ATC issuing a go-around command when the runway is clear?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Installation of the update successfully. Since then, I have a CTD as soon as I use the ATC, the sim is unusable... ☹️
Does anyone have that problem too

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

14 hours ago, Maxis said:

I just completed the 160nm leg of the Patagonia bush trip and it didn't acknowledge the arrival either. Not really a bush pilot so doing this leg was actually a bit boring. Now i have to do it again ?? 😤

yupp, same. shame...

Victor Roos

2 hours ago, Distortion said:

Did you install liveries?

No, no livery. I just installed a mod that changes the aircraft lights (Uwa light mod) to make taxiing easier. I removed it and now the sim does not even starts 😞

I tried to check the file integrity with the Steam client and you know what it did? It removed all the packages. So now I am reinstalling them all, 106 GB to download. I am very happy... 

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

The only performance tweak I am running is the one called “2080Ti”, though I am thinking of experimenting with the “3090” mod in the future.
😊

Cheaper to prevaricate and wait another couple of years for the 4080 mod 

Anyone else lost there A320N liveries after the patch ?
It worked perfectly before after I have placed the livery folder in the community folder.

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

17 minutes ago, SteveFx said:

Cheaper to prevaricate and wait another couple of years for the 4080 mod 

4080 mod is slow, bro - you don't want that. You'll get better frames if you go with the 4090 (or 5090) tweaks +/- the IBM Q System 3 mod.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Downloaded it earlier. 15GB on a single threaded download client (why?!?) took longer than it ought to have done but it installed fine. Took the C152 for a quick test flight out of Liverpool and that was fine too.

No mods except the C152 one posted on this forum so maybe it's mods that are breaking the update for everyone else?

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

- Pilot camera position can now be saved or reset.  

Anyone know how to do this? I had a look earlier but can't see any option to Save the position.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

netsh interface tcp show global

Not sure why yours is taking so long. Mine took 32 minutes from beginning of download to end of installation of the 15.69 GB update. I had seen that someone else recommended enabling Window Auto-tuning if it is not already, by running this from the *Administrator level* command prompt:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Mine was already enabled (can be verified with the Admin. lvl. command prompt: netsh interface tcp show global), and both my download and installation of the 15.69 GB update went very, very smoothly. Then again, I have installed no "fixes" or any other similar such file modifications.

I tried that and paused the installation and restarted but same thing. I have not installed any mods or fixes.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.