Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

I still have 3 KT wind!! GAH!

In my experience so far with the patch the weather is better but still not fully working.  I do see different winds when I select the destination airport, and those winds seem to be depicted in the sim (or at least something is, I’m just going on feel that there is some wind there).  However the weather depiction is still quite different from any METARS that i loaded up in the US and Canada.  ATIS seems to still be bugged too, reporting entirely different weather and still reporting 3nm visibility every time.

So a step in the right direction it seems, but more steps still required.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm having the same issues. The upper winds appear  to be fixed which is great. The airport weather seems to be intermittent. Most of the time the clouds and precip seem to be close. Most of the time... However, the winds on the ground still aren't accurate. 

The strange thing is I switched from testing this out in Canada and the US and went to Europe where there was actual 30 kt winds in the metar. The first airport only reported 7 knot winds. I returned to menu (not exit) and selected another airport not even 50km away reporting a metar of 30kts and it worked great. Crosswind, turbulence... Went back to first airport: 7 kts. Work in progress I guess.

Another strange thing I noticed was with the load in wind info box. When you select runway departure and get the moving camera view there is that little info box with airport and aircraft info in the lower left corner. When I loaded in to the first European airport mentioned above for about 1 second the wind actually said 30kts. I watched it suddenly change to 7 right in that info box. That was bizarre. 

3 hours ago, lopentan said:

That is a very good information, thanks

From the Garmin manual,"determines winds aloft (the wind direction and speed) and a head wind/tail wind component, based upon the calculated density altitude (DEN ALT), true airspeed, aircraft heading (HDG), and ground speed."

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Yep, same here Ryan.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

6 hours ago, cepact said:

be sure that you restarted the game if you want weather to work after a first flight

This. This has always been an issue but at least it seems the weather/wind is at least working now. Now they need to fix it to where you don't have to restart the sim to get the weather to work after your first flight. 

• Like 1

be sure that you restarted the game if you want weather to work after a first flight

This. This has always been an issue but at least it seems the weather/wind is at least working now. Now they need to fix it to where you don't have to restart the sim to get the weather to work after your first flight. 

Winds are working (USA) but I have been observing that the direction and speed are based on what happened 12 hours prior if after 18:00 UTC... 

For example, right now its working fine (10:12 UTC 17 SEP), but after 18:00 UTC all of the sudden the winds revert to what they were exactly 12 hours before. Not sure when the reset happens when it starts to work again in the 24 hour cycle, I just know when I get up in the morning it's working.

Edited by KERNEL32

2 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Winds are working (USA) but I have been observing that the direction and speed are based on what happened 12 hours prior if after 18:00 UTC... 

For example, right now its working fine (10:12 UTC 17 SEP), but after 18:00 UTC all of the sudden the winds revert to what they were exactly 12 hours before. Not sure when the reset happens when it starts to work again in the 24 hour cycle, I just know when I get up in the morning it's working.

yes there is something strange going on.  I've found I can now select another runway for departure and it changes from 270 at 4KT.  The direction is mostly correct but the velocity isn't.  I wonder if its similar to the G1000 and not displaying wind on the ground.  I wish they'd simply add a METAR style readout for airports you select on the world map - it doesn't have to be so dang cryptic!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 hours ago, reheat said:

When I loaded in to the first European airport mentioned above for about 1 second the wind actually said 30kts. I watched it suddenly change to 7 right in that info box. That was bizarre.

Strange indeed. Going to look for threads to upvote in the MSFS forum... 

7 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

I hope with the next update all of these weather issues will be worked on again. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px