Sign in to follow this  
Tutur31

The device (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB) stopped working

Hello, i wanted to switch to v5 of prepar3d after playing v4.5 for several months without a problem but when I run P3Dv5 I have this error which appears and P3D closes, I looked on several forums but I found no solution to my problem. Could you help me please ?

1600288908-unknown.png

Most likely you ran out of VRAM. Monitor that in the GPU session in Windows task manager for the dedicated GPU memory. Once you come close to the limit P3D does what you saw.

Zicheng Cai

I have the same card you have. Managing Vram is tough with only 6 gigs. I have found I can have most settings on high (not maxed) and at my most detailed airports, with orbx scenery and AIG AI traffic+ GSX, and realwx, I max out at 4.9 out of an available 5.2 gigs of Vram.  I'm still tweaking.

If its a VRAM related error I would try two things in P3Dv5:

• Switch off the Advanced Atmospherics (Truesky Beta)
  • Reduce your Texture Resolution

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I run a 6 gig 1060 and available vram is 5.2. It's easy to abuse it. I try to stick to using less than 4.6. the only times I've had video driver not working is when using Milviz 350i (even the latest low-rez ver.) As long as I don't attempt that particular plane I'm fine. I think 6gig cards are about as low as you can comfortably use.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 9/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, Tutur31 said:

Hello, i wanted to switch to v5 of prepar3d after playing v4.5 for several months without a problem but when I run P3Dv5 I have this error which appears and P3D closes, I looked on several forums but I found no solution to my problem. Could you help me please ?

1600288908-unknown.png

What aircraft are you using?

mike

Have turned off texture streaming this takes some load off the GPU.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 9/18/2020 at 5:28 AM, G-RFRY said:

Have turned off texture streaming this takes some load off the GPU.

Does it?

It's meant to precisely reduce VRAM errors, in exchange for increased CPU load.

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png