Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Thanks a lot to Carenado!

Guest JimC1702

For the FS9 to FSX conversion utility. Works like a charm. I now have two old friends, the Bonanza F33 and the Beech Mentor in FSX. The Bonanza is pretty long in the tooth but it was one of my first payware add-ons. The Mentor is fantastic in FSX, especially with the head movement, and the V/C is fantastic. I might just go buy the Cherokee to show my appreciation. :)Jim

What's a matter, you don't like high wing aircraft?:) The Cessna 206 Amphibian is one of the top 2 or 3 GA aircraft ever made for the FS series IMHO. Someone here said it is work of art and I agree. The VC quality and smooth gaages are spectabcular and now I have MY old friend in FSX. I also thank you Carenado.Bob...

Guest OneTinSoldier

Sweet! I've already had the Mentor installed in FSX and working ok for the least week, but now I guess I'll whip out the Bonanza V35 and run the converter on it!Thank you for the heads up Jim. :)Cheers,Jim

Guest JimC1702

Bob,Actually I was just looking at the 206 on their website. I think I really "need" a Cessna on floats. :)Thanks for the recommendation.Jim

quick question...I have the 206 installed using the original installer, then applied the patch. In the SELECT AIRCRAFT option I don't see the amphib or the float version, only the wheeled version, and it's the generic FSX jpeg. Did I miss something?cheersGreg http://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Hi. I own the T-34 and have it in FSX. I tried the patch and it said it was deleting some files and then it said it could not find the files. I sent an e-mail to Carenado. What did it fix? Are the wing lights fixed in the 2D panel views right and left? Mine ar too high and too far out. They are OK in spot view. Are the files that are changed listed as it does the patch? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Hi,Anybody else found running the installer deleted the Aircraft folder when it was manually created and moves everything into the standard simobjects/airplanes folder??My pmdg 1900 and carenado 206 were manually installed into Aircraft..CheersM

Guest dutton

Yea - the patch works but there are a couple of issues with it. I just finished emailing them but perhaps some other owners can too. The patch does not remove at least one file (batch I believe) and of course the installed uninstall exe's would not work - not that I would ever use them, just prefer to keep everything clean.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

>i dont suppose the landing lights work in the vc do they?No they do not. So far for me, only the default aircraft light the runway from the VC.

Guest wyoming

you really have to follow the instructions to the letter as far as path (/FSX not /FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes). I also noticed a substantial drop in FPS and some stutters... Not sure, anyone can confirm with this a/c or another?

I am seeing very little FPS impact. I do notice a small bit of stuttering. However, the winds were really gusty last night and contributed to some of the hesitation.Bob...

I'm confused, when did you notice a drop in FPS and some stutters?I installed the Mentor and 180F in the demo by hand and they've been running great for me. Smoother than in FS9. Of course, there is the problem that I can run at more detail in FS9 than I can in FSX, but that has nothing to do with Carendo airplanes. Overall, they run better with fewer stutters in FSX than in FS9 for me.Are you comparing installing them by hand versus installing them with the converter?What are you comparing when you say you notice a drop in FPS?Thanks,Thomas

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I couldn't find any documentation on what the converter does. What does it do? I've been running them fine after installing them by hand into the demo. Do they do anything other than take the installer and put the files where they belong, instead?Thanks,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg