Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Thanks a lot to Carenado!

>I'm confused, when did you notice a drop in FPS and some>stutters?>>I installed the Mentor and 180F in the demo by hand and>they've been running great for me. Smoother than in FS9. Of>course, there is the problem that I can run at more detail in>FS9 than I can in FSX, but that has nothing to do with Carendo>airplanes. Overall, they run better with fewer stutters in>FSX than in FS9 for me.>>Are you comparing installing them by hand versus installing>them with the converter?>>What are you comparing when you say you notice a drop in FPS?>>Thanks,>>ThomasHi,I'm talking specifically about the Cessna 206 Amphibian using the converter. And I get stutters that are noticeable. And the demo always performed better than the final release. My FPS's are fine. Thanks.Bob...

Guest wyoming

other a/c in FSX, at the same location with the same settings and to my memory of the 182 on FS9, now off my HD. Was just curious, suspecting some minor incompatibility betwen the a/c, originally designed for FS9, and FSX' engine... But if people's experiences are different than mine then that must be something else.

Just wondering - Did you try installing it without the converter?I wasn't trying to dis you or question you, I just wanted to understand what the problem was, wondering if it's a problem with the converter or the plane. I couldn't tell from your message what you are trying to blame the problem on. Is it FSX, the plane, or the converter? Do you have smooth performance from other planes?BTW, I got the same smooth performance with the planes I mentioned in the regular version as well with a laptop with a 128 MB shared memory graphics card, 512 (480)MB system memory with an AMD 3200+ processor - no autogen and 5m textures, but smooth flying performance. So I'm wondering if its the 206 or the converter.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg