Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Just OMG ...great job MS/AS!

Title says it all.

GPU running cooler, load seems way better balanced across all CPU cores, the smoothness is remarkable ..EVERYTHING that is majorly important seems better (may be a bit of placebo effect but I'm sooo satisfied.)

@virtuali, took off out of your KORD in the 172....maybe a bit of placebo again but the textures look better...and the performance is way better now!

8700k all threads, HT on, no affinity, slight OC to 4.9ghz on all cores, ancient Titan Maxwell 12gb Vram, 32gb 2666 ram.....I am NOT complaining about anything!

Flying thru thick clouds was a tab choppy before, not now seems MUCH better.

Great job to the MS/Asobo....you knocked it out of the park! 

• Like 10

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Strange I do not have the same experience. I was getting 40ish FPS pretty consistently now it sits at 32... which is fine but no improvement. This is at 1440p.

+1 on the performance boost .

ASOBO KEEP THE UPDATES COMING .........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

17 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Strange I do not have the same experience. I was getting 40ish FPS pretty consistently now it sits at 32... which is fine but no improvement. This is at 1440p.

Specs and settings?  I'm seeing a lot of people reporting a fairly significant performance boost.

• Like 1

Althewhile the managed to break other things. Like the controller sensitivity settings not showing up in the UI any longer, the battery not providing any power to the Airbus, the left engine shutting down on taxi out as soon as you switch off the APU...

The QA is still lacking majorly.

37 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Title says it all.

GPU running cooler, load seems way better balanced across all CPU cores, the smoothness is remarkable ..EVERYTHING that is majorly important seems better (may be a bit of placebo effect but I'm sooo satisfied.)

@virtuali, took off out of your KORD in the 172....maybe a bit of placebo again but the textures look better...and the performance is way better now!

8700k all threads, HT on, no affinity, slight OC to 4.9ghz on all cores, ancient Titan Maxwell 12gb Vram, 32gb 2666 ram.....I am NOT complaining about anything!

Flying thru thick clouds was a tab choppy before, not now seems MUCH better.

Great job to the MS/Asobo....you knocked it out of the park! 

I did a quick test flight out of my home airport and noticed the runway concrete texture was very detailed.  I didn't change any of my graphic settings after installing the patch.  I have a mix of ultra and high (mostly ultra) and am running at 1080p.  Not seeing any noticeable increase in FPS yet.  I'll head to Chicago where my FPS usually takes a hit.

Many of the "fix" mods will have to be removed until they are updated to work with the latest patch. If not, they will cause problems.

James

I agree. It's now possible to fly IFR without a major calamity occuring. I just flew IFR from Long Beach Tofino to Victoria, BC and the enroute weather was very close to the METARs. CYAZ was MVFR and CYYJ was IFR. Performance is improved and the autopilot seems to have been fixed.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Althewhile the managed to break other things. Like the controller sensitivity settings not showing up in the UI any longer, the battery not providing any power to the Airbus, the left engine shutting down on taxi out as soon as you switch off the APU...

The QA is still lacking majorly.

Yeah the left engine is a weird one.  Replicated it just now is the shut itself down and won't come back on line

1 hour ago, Little Jenny said:

I did a quick test flight out of my home airport and noticed the runway concrete texture was very detailed.  I didn't change any of my graphic settings after installing the patch.  I have a mix of ultra and high (mostly ultra) and am running at 1080p.  Not seeing any noticeable increase in FPS yet.  I'll head to Chicago where my FPS usually takes a hit.

Noticed the ground textures seem to be much better also...and did not adjust settings.

@virtuali's KORD, the textures look better, and the performance is better too....how can you beat that? 🙂

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yeah the performance is definitely smoother...wouldn't say better but no stutters I have noticed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Noticed the ground textures seem to be much better also...and did not adjust settings.

@virtuali's KORD, the textures look better, and the performance is better too....how can you beat that? 🙂

Just finished up a night flight from Chicago up into Wisconsin.  Not one stutter at all (average FPS didn't really seem to increase but the lack of stuttering is good enough for me - plus I'm getting way over 30 so I'm quite happy).  

• Like 1

It is pretty miraculous what they've done in a few weeks. Keep it coming Asobo.

Can finally bump up Terrain LOD to 200 when flying in some spots...Christ the Redeemer is no longer waist deep in trees... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

Christ the Redeemer is no longer waist deep in trees... 

oooh.....gotta go fly there!  So many places to try.  This IS the sim I've been waiting for.

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 9/16/2020 at 10:17 PM, Little Jenny said:

Just finished up a night flight from Chicago up into Wisconsin.  Not one stutter at all (average FPS didn't really seem to increase but the lack of stuttering is good enough for me - plus I'm getting way over 30 so I'm quite happy).  

Can't help but love this sim.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg