Sign in to follow this  
MauBen

Cessna 172 Sp classic broken after update?

I started a flight with the engines running and no problem. But then I shutdown the engines and tried a restart and nothing happens. No way to restart from keyboard command either even if I restart the game from scratch. Start switch is jittery and prop does not turn. Also, when the engine was running, the navigation screen was flashing. The G1000 model starts ok though...it’s just the classic with steam gauges that is acting up.
It was all working before but broke after the update. Coincidence?

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform

I flew both 172 after the patch both started cold and dark. Master on, fuel shut off valve -  fuel on, fuel selector - both, mixture - rich, throttle 1/3 open, mag start.. Works for me!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, MauBen said:

I started a flight with the engines running and no problem. But then I shutdown the engines and tried a restart and nothing happens. No way to restart from keyboard command either even if I restart the game from scratch. Start switch is jittery and prop does not turn. Also, when the engine was running, the navigation screen was flashing. The G1000 model starts ok though...it’s just the classic with steam gauges that is acting up.
It was all working before but broke after the update. Coincidence?

I was having issues with the C172 classic showing up in the hanger/profile page but that was before the update.  I deleted the aircraft and redownloaded it from the content manager in the main menu and it was showing again. Maybe you could try removing it (move the folder to the desktop or rename it) and downloading it again if it doesn't seem to be working correctly?

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

I was flying the C172 (non G1000) today and the Radio Stack went blank so I reset the Avionics Master switch and got the GPS's back but not the Autopilot panel or Transponder they remained blank.

This was fine prior to the update

Glen

26 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

I was flying the C172 (non G1000) today and the Radio Stack went blank

Exact same thing happens on the C152. Flipping either/both of the master switches does not bring them back online once they go blank/dead.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Strangely enough. it seems to work today. Made no changes or did not fly since yesterday. Must be gremlins 😆

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform

I've had failure to start issues since day1. Even on the yellow cub (which has almost no systems, you can't lean the mixture and so forth). It depends on in what order you shut down and *how many times you do it*. It might restart, it might not. Not user error.  The only cure I know is to turn on developers mode, change planes, then change back to the plane you want to start. Then turn off developers mode. Takes about 30 seconds. Happens with all planes. In the yellow Cub there isn't many possible user errors and the fault is there.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.