Sign in to follow this  
aeronauta

MP Designs Bell 206

The descriptions and pictures look very promising, anyone have it??

23 euros would be OK if it matches the scripts, does not say anything about a mechanical Idle release in your collective (ala Dodo style).

Jorge

I bought it today. First impressions were good in terms of having a 206 with good systems and ok visuals, and a reasonable flight model.

Closer inspection though suggests the 3d model is pretty far off, especially in comparison to the DODO 206. I will try and put together some comparison pics.

If MP Designs can update the model to be more accurate then I think it would be a good purchase...if they don't, I will feel as though it isn't money well spent.

Ok, here are some comparisons below..I will try and pass on to MP Designs, hope they can provide some updates, key issues below:

• Overall model appears to be too large
  • High skids model is incorrect
  • Nose too short
  • Windscreen stretched

In a positive, the main rotor blades are well modelled and I really like the wind effect on it!

front.png

front1.png

side.png

side1.png

sizecomp.png

Edited by thommoj

Thank you thommoj, I am more interested in the flight characteristics , being a odo an, the script looks good but also the script for the Cabri looke as good and Helisimer review gave it a belting, thhere is no review from helisimmer for this one, maybe after the previous one he did noot get one for reviein..he he he..

Jorge

This helicopter has been updated regarding visual model and flight model.
It's best aerodynamics for helicopters on P3D v5!!!