Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Glass Cockpit Refresh rate?

Does anyone know what the new Low/Med/High translate to in terms of FPS for the displays refresh rate?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

check both low to high in a flight you will see! its the frame rate of the glass displays...

Asus P6T deluxe v.2 MB, i7 940 3.5ghz CPU, 6gb ddr3 1600 Ram, ,1K watt Antec PS, 300gb 10k rpm vraptor HDD, Windows 7pro 64, nvidea 470 GTX, Track IR4, Matrox TH2G w/21" displays, Saitek X52 pro hotas and yoke, CH pedels, Butt Kicker

I see no difference in performance between low and high, but I have only checked with the C-172 G1000

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I see no difference in performance between low and high, but I have only checked with the C-172 G1000

Same here in diffrents GA aircrats, same FPS, maybe is necessary for arliners cockpit.

High introduces stutters, medium makes the displays choppy. Well, that is my opinion and perspective anyway. Sure others will have different of both...

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

High introduces stutters, medium makes the displays choppy. Well, that is my opinion and perspective anyway. Sure others will have different of both...

in what aircraft?

In the Bonanza on Med all was fine. But was interested if know what each setting equated to, I use the 20Hz mod before update.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Was this newly added? I noticed it was on medium and the glass was a lot lower FPS than before the patch. Adjusted to high and it seems all is back to normal. 

Do you use the refresh rate reduction mods (seen 2 of them) along with the new patch as well? I found my Daher map screen is now black.

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It looks awful on anything less than high anyways. 

Maybe you're looking too hard. Low is the only setting that is choppy. Med is perfectly fine 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dolbinau said:

Was this newly added? I noticed it was on medium and the glass was a lot lower FPS than before the patch. Adjusted to high and it seems all is back to normal. 

Yes, it was mentioned in the patch notes.

15 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Maybe you're looking too hard. Low is the only setting that is choppy. Med is perfectly fine 

Like I have said. it is all a matter of opinion. Medium to me is too slow. If that was in a real plane, they wouldn't allow it in the air...

14 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Like I have said. it is all a matter of opinion. Medium to me is too slow. If that was in a real plane, they wouldn't allow it in the air...

Well from what I here the real airbus panels run at 20hz and thats lower than the default high 60z

The setting is there to allow folks with lower spec CPU/GPU  to give up glass cockpit responsiveness for out the window performance.  

If you have a machine that can handle both adequately more power to you.  

In the exact same conditions the C172 Non Glass aircraft gives me on average 8 to 10 FPS better performance than the G1000 version.  And that's with Glass Cockpit refresh at low.  If I raise it, the difference is even more stark.

I have a new video card coming in on Friday, so hopefully my GPU won't be as bad as bottleneck as it is now.  However as it stands, If I can squeeze some more out the window performance during approach and landing in exchange for not quite buttery performance of the Glass Cockpit, I'll make that trade every day.