Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Manual Cache Freezes - New Patch

When I attempt to enter the Manual Cache section, everytime it freezes and need to quit the game.

Is there anybody else, havig the same problem ? Thanks

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

not tried this since the patch, however I have two manual areas created and found that I couldn't create a third due to freezes.

So your findings are disappointing. 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

10 hours ago, kt069 said:

When I attempt to enter the Manual Cache section, everytime it freezes and need to quit the game.

Is there anybody else, havig the same problem ? Thanks

Its not frozen, it's just incredibly slow (like give it takes about minutes to refresh). Anyway, I'm also having this issue. Anyone succeed in accessing or updating their manual cache?

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Got the same problem, it is increble slow- so i take the ESC to get out ☹️

Somebody has a solution or Info to get fix this??

Stephan from Germany

My System

My Manual Cache option was grayed out too. I had a 100GB rolling cache and 200GB manual cache. After transfering my MSFS folders to a new computer, everything was running fine but manual cache was grayed out. I just deleted the manual cache file but the manual cache option is still grayed out in MSFS. No idea how to fix it.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

@FlyIce

It's only greyed out while you're in a fight. Shut down the sim, restrat and go into options/data and it won't be greyed out.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:43 PM, odourboy said:

Its not frozen, it's just incredibly slow (like give it takes about minutes to refresh).

this is true...but I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to have been fixed in the last patch. I wonder if you need to delete the old and start new for the patch changes to be realized?

Thanks! That could very well be the reason. Will try again soon. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

1 hour ago, hangar said:

@FlyIce

It's only greyed out while you're in a fight. Shut down the sim, restrat and go into options/data and it won't be greyed out.

this is true...but I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to have been fixed in the last patch. I wonder if you need to delete the old and start new for the patch changes to be realized?

Worked fine for me UNTIL the latest patch. Now i can't do anything with it. Annoying, but not a showstopper. I was going yo add some new regions, but it can wait.

Any references to other threads?  I haven't found anything on this myself other then here.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, hangar said:

@FlyIce

I ran into this freeze while changing my cache location (copy and pasted to another SSD).  I thought the freeze meant I did it wrong (program didn't like the change), so I deleted the old cache selections and recached them.  That worked, happy, everything was fine after a few hours of caching.  When I played the game and returned to cache screen to cache more areas, it was frozen again.  I would say for now, if you start from a blank cache, probably best to do ALL your caching in one session without exiting the caching screen, or you risk being frozen out of additional caching activity!  I even let the thing sit for an hour to see if it would recover and be accessible, but no dice.

Paul

24 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Any references to other threads?  I haven't found anything on this myself other then here.

Yea I dont have them handy but its been mentioned for sure as everyone has the manual cache issue. It only happens after you add more and larger areas...then it begins to get slower and slower at loading your cache page until you can no longer add anymore since it takes too long to load the page at some point. The patch possibly fixing this I thought I read about either here or at the official forums, but cant recall now, sorry...but it was likely an official post if I paid any attention to it.

• Upvote 1

My sim just CTD when I try to make a manual cache. I'm allowing 30GB, for a relatively small area. Is that not enough? Is that why it's crashing? Tried three times now.

12 hours ago, Tigerclaw said:

My sim just CTD when I try to make a manual cache. I'm allowing 30GB, for a relatively small area. Is that not enough? Is that why it's crashing? Tried three times now.

Same here.

I’ve tried different drives, different sizes.  All CTD.

I was able to set it prior to this update, but no longer can.