Sign in to follow this  
Beagle12

Aircraft Registration

You can edit the aircraft.cfg file (listed under ATC callsign, IIRC), found within the aircraft folder inside the Official directory. Note that not all aircraft show this file (for instance the premium deluxe aircraft won't show you a config file).

When you select the aeroplane you wish to fly, look in the section where you pick liveries etc (on the left of the screen); when you pick from these, you will see a field where you can type in the registration over on the right side of the screen.

I've found that some of these 'stick', whereas some you have to do for each flight. If you want to make the change permanent, you can mess with the actual config file.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

t't's under ATC Options...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

56 minutes ago, Chock said:

I've found that some of these 'stick', whereas some you have to do for each flight. If you want to make the change permanent, you can mess with the actual config file.

I've done a fair bit of messing with this. My "take" on it is:

Yes - you can add the values in the aircraft.cfg file. *However* don't expect these values to automatically populate the information in the ATC setup screen - they will be blank, but the aircraft.cfg info will still be used. You can over-ride what's in aircraft.cfg (if you fancy a temporary change for that session) by entering stuff via the ATC screen.

Of course - I could be wrong LOL!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

3 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've done a fair bit of messing with this. My "take" on it is:

Yes - you can add the values in the aircraft.cfg file. *However* don't expect these values to automatically populate the information in the ATC setup screen - they will be blank, but the aircraft.cfg info will still be used. You can over-ride what's in aircraft.cfg (if you fancy a temporary change for that session) by entering stuff via the ATC screen.

Of course - I could be wrong LOL!

You’re correct.

I'm having the same issue, but only with certain numbers.  I believe it worked on initial release, but got broken in some "update."  I can use the customization option to change the numbers, but some combinations don't work.  For example, any registration (tail number) beginning with N1 does not work.  It will accept all numbers beginning with N0(zero, not "O"), which is not even a valid US registration number, but not N1...

I submitted a report to Asobo, but good luck with that.  I may try the .cfg edit again.