Sign in to follow this  
Andre92

Patch 1.8.3.0 will not install

Hello everyone,

I am having problems getting the new patch installed. I have the microsoft store version installed. After the patch was released, an update on the microsoft store was available of about 600mb, which i installed. When starting the sim, after the press any key, the sim is checking for updates, but then continues and just starts without updating.

To force the sim to update, i temporarily moved out some core packages, the sim then initiates an update, but only to the older 1.7 version. The install manager seems to work fine, but there is no mention of a newer update being available (except the update on the store package).
I also tried starting the sim as an admin, but too no avail.

Searching the various forums, i've seen users having problem with d/l speeds, but no reports of not updating at all.

Any suggestions to fix this, would be highly appreciated.

N.b. i'm not sure a complete reinstall will change anything, my guess is it will reinstall to the same old version again.

Kind Regards,

André

Last update I had to completely uninstall and reinstall MSFS for the version 1.7.14.0 to show. Seems like I'm faced with the same on this update. Started sim, got the update available message and shifted to MS Store - clicked update and approx 708mb data downloaded. Restarted sim, checking for updates and nothing, just continued to load v1.7.14.0. Tried the repair - no joy. Last time I tried the reset and altho I downloaded over 90G data it didn't work either until I uninstalled.

Probably will have to go that route and d/l over 100G again but wondering if anyone knows of any way to trigger the main update download.

Glad I have a fast internet connection. 🙂 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Maybe check if Windows itself is updated. Might possibly be related.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can't hurt. I'm running v2004 but possibly some update is hanging.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Reason I'm suggesting this is that when I cranked up the new sim yesterday prior to the patch, it sent me to the main store site, had several downloads and updates, then the new sim cranked up and downloaded 15Gb of stuff, but then Windows said it needed an update too even though i have it scheduled to update stuff regularly, so I'm suspecting that there may be some relationship between Win 10's latest gubbins and the new sim.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for your help vgbaron and Chock. I did check for updates in the store and windows, several times, to see if that fixed it. But unfortunately it didn't change anything. I'm a bit surprised that the install manager does seem to work and updates, but only to the older version.

I guess i will have to uninstall and do a new install overnight.

Thank you and kind regards,
André

Mine stopped loading at 1.49 GIB. Just left it sit for about an hour and it suddenly backed up a bit and finished loading. Seemed to have trouble with one of the airports. 

You shot yourself in the foot when you removed core files smh 🤦🏿‍♂️. Just let it happen on its own. I was at work when the patch was released. When I got home I opened the windows store and the launcher updated. I then started the sim, went past the press any key screen, prompted about an update and just click continue. I didn't even mess with the install path and it downloaded and installed without any problems 

I bit the bullet and uninstalled. Reinstall took about 1 1/4 hours. Hopefully I won't have to do this on the next patch.

Vic

So how do you uninstall this sim?  My patch download gets stuck on fs-base-cgl , gets over 1 GB downloaded, then starts over.  2 days with CPU and GPU pegged out while the sim is trying to install this.  I'm glad I'm only into this for a $1 on gamepass.  I tried to uninstall it earlier, did the uninstall from the start menu, but all the main files remain on the SSD.  Is there a manual element to the uninstall, like deleting all the files where it's installed?  If so, that's a donkey way of doing it.  They can't even get a patch out with consistency, how are we to believe they will ever get the kinks out of the sim itself!   I'm just a little ill with this thing, sorry to be so negative.  I'm going to bed.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Had an endless loop for downloading various files from the patch too. Spend over 75GB in download data for just one file that is 1,85GB big and still it would start over and over. Looked a bit all over the place for a solution, found a few, none of them worked.

Until i saw a post about bringing down speed of the network card to 10MBit/s (from 1GB/s). Tried it (without having much hope) and the rest of the entire download went through in one go. Took quite a while at this speed. After download complete i did set the network speed back to 1GB/s. Maybe worth a shot?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-stuck-in-a-loop-1-8-2/273910/18

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR