Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Community A320 mod team's plea for support

Hi. If you have flown the community A320 mod and you like what they are doing, they have been running into some difficulty working with Asobo.  From what I understand, they have had communication problems with Asobo (or maybe I should say, a lack of communication because Asobo hasn't responded to some of their inquiries). Now to be fair, there are a lot of add-ons from the community so it's impossible for Asobo to respond to every community developer (by community developer, I am referring to freeware add-on developers, not companies like PDMG, A2A, etc).  However, the A320 mod is one of the most prominent projects by the community for MSFS and a lot of people are involved in this.  We, as players of MSFS, benefit from their hard work.  

Anyways, they have started at thread at the Wishlist forum in the official MSFS forums.  If you could, please help to upvote their thread in the Wishlist forum: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flybywire-community-mod-a320/275463.  By upvoting that thread, we are telling Asobo that the A320 mod is important to us and we would like more cooperation between Asobo and the A320 mod team, especially since the A320 mod team has claimed Asobo hasn't responded to some of their inquiries.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I too love the a320 mod, and the work that those guys are doing on it, but what specifically are they asking for?  For Asobo to never update the default plane, because it makes them have to redo stuff? For original source code and model files?  For exclusive testing rights to new patches?  I don’t know that Asobo needs to bend over backwards to work with modders, especially as the sim and SDK is still very much in flux.  I would expect updates to break mods, and ultimately it’s a good thing IMO.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Well I just bought the basic version today, so good timing. I was a Alpha tester on the sim and hardly ever used it as the UI was a nightmare to use. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Seems familiar to me! 😄

Let's show them our support! If ASOBO is serious about the community, they should support them!

Mr Neumann, next time you praise the community, you think about that, right? 😄

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 4

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

I too love the a320 mod, and the work that those guys are doing on it, but what specifically are they asking for?  For Asobo to never update the default plane, because it makes them have to redo stuff? For original source code and model files?  For exclusive testing rights to new patches?  I don’t know that Asobo needs to bend over backwards to work with modders, especially as the sim and SDK is still very much in flux.  I would expect updates to break mods, and ultimately it’s a good thing IMO.

Primarily communication and support from Asobo I believe, so that they can achieve their goals for the A320 mod.

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

The main issue, for the good and the bad of it, is that MSFS have been released recently, we barely got the first performance patch yesterday. There are lots of things to work on still.

Besides that, i think that the community changes, while welcome, are still minor (obviously because they also got to work on it just recently).

On XP11, instead, Zibo could take advantange of a pretty static environment in regard to the 737 it was aiming to improve.

I think the normal course of events here is Asobo works on the planes for what they aim to work on them, then community comes in.

Asobo are paid to work on it, a community driven project isn't. It might be focused on it now but it might stop later on for unrelated real life events, a paid developer (if it has a task for it) will be working on it nonstop (or at least based on their work schedule and priorities obviously).

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Just now, abrams_tank said:

Primarily communication and support from Asobo I believe, so that they can achieve their goals for the A320 mod.

Again, what specifically do they want or need?

• Upvote 1

People starting to slowly realize something that has been fact for decades.

Microsoft is a billion dollar multinational company. Their goal is to appeal to the masses. Unfortunately the niche little nest of enthusiasts who want deeper access to their golden goose is not on the radar and in a way I don't blame them. Their assets are their assets plain and simple. This has nothing to do with third party developers. It has to do with someone wanting access to first party asseets to modify for their benefit. While I know this has been a common theme for simulators past..You can't blame MS for being a bit walled garden over their own property. 

Also, going public complaining isn't professional and certainly not going to help your case any. Microsofts sole purpose is to make money off the sim, not to supply third parties with a goose egg of easy money by modifying their sim and assets. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

4 minutes ago, styckx said:

Microsofts sole purpose is to make money off the sim, not to supply third parties with a goose egg of easy money by modifying their sim and assets.

Certainly but Microsoft might sell more FS2020 if this A320 is developed into something worth flying. The only people that stand to make money from this mod is Asobo and Microsoft.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Oh I’m certain that after that diatribe, Asobo will certainly bend over backwards to help that guy...

yeah same here i share your opinion . 

Asobo is busy with a million other things and we really dont know what their plans are for this aircraft .. 

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

8 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Certainly but Microsoft might sell more FS2020 if this A320 is developed into something worth flying. The only people that stand to make money from this mod is Asobo and Microsoft.

Minuscule amount compared to the masses Microsoft is looking to appeal to. 

Microsofts outlook on this is most likely "Want a study level a320? Build one yourself but you're not leeching off our property to do it"

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Personally - these A32N mods are great but I'd leave Asobo to do what they're doing and not pester them with problems like this so idiosyncratic to just one aircraft.

Patience Grasshopper(s) - we have a lot to do before we finesse the Airbus. It's just one airframe amongst the many.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I respect anyone that wishes to improve the sim, but that language is certainly doing the team no favors.

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR