Sign in to follow this  
ark

Checking for Updates Screen

57 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

it will all get worked out in the end and shall be worth the wait

Expect so.

It is just really disappointing how many problems there seems to be/was in almost every area -- weather, AP, a/c systems, controllers, ATC, control sensitivity, flight dynamics, G1000 displays, SDK, ...sigh. MS should have been upfront on the state of the sim -- they certainly knew the situation based on feedback from Alpha/Beta testers, and I assume from Asobo, and also saw the very high level of expectations with all the posts along the lines of "finally, a sim that doesn't need tweaking, finally a sim I can just load up and go without problems, finally a sim that doesn't need 3rd party addons, etc, etc".  How different the reality!

I appreciate that Asobo seems enthusiastic and engaged with getting things fixed, but it is again disappointing on how many problems the latest 'fix' has apparently introduced. They really need to raise the level of their testing/validation game.

Al

Edited by ark

7 minutes ago, ark said:

dation game.

Al

Honestly this is what grabbed my attention other than the great looking videos also - this was the main reason I gave up on simming now Im back in the soup again 🙂

"finally, a sim that doesn't need tweaking, finally a sim I can just load up and go without problems" 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

On 8/21/2020 at 2:32 AM, Chock said:

This is a sightseeing sim! - Yes, but unfortunately it's supposed to be a flight sim, and that it's not quite so good at doing at the moment.

1 hour ago, ark said:

I now see a Checking for Updates window popup during loading of the sim. Is this new with the recent update, or did I somehow enable something without realizing it. It's not important, just curious.

I also see a Legend associated with the World Map -- don't recall seeing that before either.   Age problem, maybe?  🤔

Al

Always had the (checking for updates) with the Alpha and Beta loadings.