Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Karelpatch

What’s the deal with Meteoblue?

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, tull said:

I've been flying in Europe from day one with this simulator, theres nothing wrong with the bloody weather....its been accurate for me ...bloody same topics over and over again....bloodyhell.....

Have you considered that maybe a lot of other people not in your geographic area ARE having problems?  bloodyhell........


MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rtodepart said:

If your idea was to start a "Lets talk down on MeteoBlue " thread  you just failed . Just so that you know in real life apps with the same source sometimes are not updated at the same time and there could be sometimes inaccurate info on one side compared to the other that at a later time finally updates to be accurate on both ends . 

I’m sorry but giving me this intention is just so stupid. This is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 forum and the sim uses Meteoblue data for its live weather. I’ve watched the promo video where they explain how they model the entire world weather accurately and it’s just awesome to watch. Now I remember that in the video they were saying they also used world METARs in their model and I was just pointing to the fact that LDDU airport had strong winds and Meteoblue was the only weather app out of 4 others I use that was showing calm winds. I thought this was problematic enough to address the issue.

 

Edit: the weather was also updated at the same time as LDDU METAR when it showed 8kts winds instead of more than 20.

Edited by Karelpatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tull said:

I've been flying in Europe from day one with this simulator, theres nothing wrong with the bloody weather....its been accurate for me ...bloody same topics over and over again....bloodyhell.....

Dubrovnik is in Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Even in the Windy app itself, you will see a definite difference in predicted wind speeds on the animated map, depending on whether you use the US GFS forecast model or the European ECMWF model. 

Absolutely. I don’t trust forecast models. They are just helping in decision making. I was only pointing out that Windy was showing the obvious: strong winds. When there is a strong winds national alert a day before and all sorts of warnings about strong winds everywhere I was worried/surprised when I saw that Meteoblue was completely out of the loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Karelpatch said:

I’m sorry but giving me this intention is just so stupid. This is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 forum and the sim uses Meteoblue data for its live weather. I’ve watched the promo video where they explain how they model the entire world weather accurately and it’s just awesome to watch. Now I remember that in the video they were saying they also used world METARs in their model and I was just pointing to the fact that LDDU airport had strong winds and Meteoblue was the only weather app out of 4 others I use that was showing calm winds. I thought this was problematic enough to address the issue.

 

Edit: the weather was also updated at the same time as LDDU METAR when it showed 8kts winds instead of more than 20.

Hope you felt really good by using the word stupid 👌 you sounded like you did. Good for you .  this different weather issues had been talked over and over again and are being worked on . to start another thread just to point out what many of us including the ones working on this that already know just felt like another useless complaint thats had been beaten to dead .  
even after this is all corrected to your liking Im going to repeat this for you from someone who had been flying for some years now . In the real actual world we fly around many times the data is not accurate in all platforms.there may be many times where numbers wont match . I dont know you but if you ever take on real world flying one day while checking the weather report you’ll probably  remember me . Yeah that Stupid guy was right. Hope you have a great day or night in whatever part of the world you’re in . 


Image removed as image is no longer available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I looked at Meteoblue yesterday there was a big change in the winds in the evening, hour to hour, from light to strong. So depending on whether there was a lag in the data being observed then there would be a big difference in the wind condtions shown. I think that is the cause of the apparent problems initially observed by the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Hope you felt really good by using the word stupid 👌 you sounded like you did. Good for you .  this different weather issues had been talked over and over again and are being worked on . to start another thread just to point out what many of us including the ones working on this that already know just felt like another useless complaint thats had been beaten to dead .  
even after this is all corrected to your liking Im going to repeat this for you from someone who had been flying for some years now . In the real actual world we fly around many times the data is not accurate in all platforms.there may be many times where numbers wont match . I dont know you but if you ever take on real world flying one day while checking the weather report you’ll probably  remember me . Yeah that Stupid guy was right. Hope you have a great day or night in whatever part of the world you’re in . 

I think that you missed the point I wasn’t talking about MSFS but about Meteoblue. A 7 minutes old METAR from an international airport stating there are strong winds in the middle of a global warning for strong winds is hardly inaccurate. Meteoblue showing calm winds with a weather updated at the same time as the METAR, that’s unexpected inaccuracy. I’m not talking about forecasts here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

When I looked at Meteoblue yesterday there was a big change in the winds in the evening, hour to hour, from light to strong. So depending on whether there was a lag in the data being observed then there would be a big difference in the wind condtions shown. I think that is the cause of the apparent problems initially observed by the OP.

This is probably the case yes. What mislead me was that the report was shown as « 5 minutes old. » 

It isn’t impossible that there are some technical issues behind this kind of lag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...