Sign in to follow this  
gore54

A320 autopilot no longer following planned approach

Hi all

Ever since the new update it seems I can no longer get my default a320 to follow the flight plan approach inputted into the fms. I can see it on the display in front of me but the aircraft while on autopilot wont follow the final approach .  Anyone else seeing this?

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

HMMM  I just planned an ifr flight from KMCO to KCLT and started up the flight. I checked the nav log while enroute and theres  no waypoints in there showing the route. Yet they are all in the FMS.  That didnt happen before the update. Dont know what to think at this point.

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

Same here. A320 Flight from Gander to Heathrow. From the beginning of the STAR (in FMS and on Nav-Screen) it fly direct to Heathrow without following the path. A320 not usable any more. 😞

Achim

FL95 glad to hear that Im not the only one with this problem. seems the autopilot doesnt read the star approach and for some reason on  the display the route is in a solid green line and the star approach is in a dotted line but the airplane doesnt follow it.

Don

Hi  again

I just completed a flight into KCLT. Using the FMS the entire way  I noticed at 14000 ft on decent the plane levelled off and slowed from 280 to 210 before continuing the decent. it never did that before the update .Before it would slow to 250 at 10000 ft. i was cleared to land runway 36c as per the program however the ils frequency entered into the fms from the world map landed me on 36L. appears there is plenty of work still to do on this sim

Don

Just to mention that the only files I have in the Community folder are the Swissport Ground Crew. It seems at the moment that many mods cause failure of previously working game systems. I have had perfect flights using both flight plans loaded from Simbrief and those I have set up in game myself from scratch. All use STAR approaches as I am trying to learn as much as I can about perfecting the ILS landings. Only remaining game issue for me is that some of the STAR approaches use crazy zigzag routes (as shown in the waypoint map). I can usually find an alternate that doesn't or fly manually for a shot time cutting out the zigzag before reengaging autopilot to finish the approach.

CJ

10 hours ago, gore54 said:

Hi all

Ever since the new update it seems I can no longer get my default a320 to follow the flight plan approach inputted into the fms. I can see it on the display in front of me but the aircraft while on autopilot wont follow the final approach .  Anyone else seeing this?

Don

I had the same problem and i found out, the addon FPSx in your community folder makes this problem.

Maybe you als have installed this plugin?

Greets from Austria

1 hour ago, MelanieTV said:

I had the same problem and i found out, the addon FPSx in your community folder makes this problem.

Maybe you als have installed this plugin?

All Plugins removed before.

Achim

Flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles:
Flight planed in worldmap of the sim.
The ILS frequency is loaded in the MCDU. The approach is correct in the MCDU. In the NAV-LOG the approach is missing. It looks like the AP follows the NAV-LOG and knows nothing about the planned approach