Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

World Map / Flight Planners shows no navaids

No matter what level of detail I zoom in to - only airports show on the flight plan map.  I can search for a navaid and when it is found - ONLY that one navaid appears on the map.  If I select a different navaid - then that one appears but the previous one that was being displayed disappears.  

If I ADD each waypoint to the flight plan, after entering it's name in the search box, then the waypoint remains on the screen and the flight plan appears as normal.

I applied the update last evening and this is the first time I have gone into the World Map / Flight planner. 

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

You have to include them in the filters.  They are turned off by default.  Go down to filters and choose what things you want turned on and off.

• Upvote 2

Thank you - I had navaids turned ON but did not see that Fix & RNAV was off - the box that pops up was at the bottom of the screen and the last line (FIX & RNAV) was not being displayed - I changed the map format, closed, opened the map and then the pop up box with filters was positioned higher in the screen where I could see the last line.

And - because I never saw that last line before - I thought GPS fixes and intersections were included in the navaid filter

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

27 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

You have to include them in the filters.  They are turned off by default.  Go down to filters and choose what things you want turned on and off.

which is so dumb since most NAV is done via GPS WAYPOINT/FIXES these days....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

9 minutes ago, seaox said:

Where do I find filters. I don't see it listed anywhere?

At the bottom of the globe map, there is a command "Open Filters"  It's mapped to the F key.  That allows you to clutter or declutter the map.  By default, "Fix and RNAV position reports" is turned off.  

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, Flyfaster said:

which is so dumb since most NAV is done via GPS WAYPOINT/FIXES these days....

What does that have to do with the fact that most people don’t want to automatically see every navigation fix on the planet on the map when they are looking for an airport?  

• Like 1