Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

MSFS 2020 won't finish coming up

Hi folks. I had been using MSFS 2020 for a little while. Then the large update just went in the other day. Now the program won't finish coming up. I get the Hit Any Key To Start, or whatever that message says, and then the program never comes up. The little progress icon on the lower right stops moving at all and no matter how long I wait it won't come up.

I am ok deleting the whole thing and starting over, except for one thing: I had a CH Products tech support person help me set up my controller profiles for the CH accessories I own. I don't want to lose those profiles. Is there a way to save the controller profiles, delete and reinstall the product from scratch, and then re-populate the profiles into the program?

Thanks,

Rob

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

Rob - your controller settings are maintained in the cloud and shout be restored. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall and all mine came back.

BUT - before you do that, try the repair option. Also search a bit for the "Hit any key" phrase - I don't have the links but I've seen several discussions about the issue.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello,

Did you try using left mouse clic on your window, then using your keyboard ?

Yes, I can click and get it started but then its frozen with the loittle progress icon on the right just stuck. I don't get the Checking for Updates or anything. It just looks like it's going to load and then nothing. 

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

I really need help here folks. Let me be clear of what's happening. I get to the Press Any Key screen. I use the mouse to get past that. The next screen come up with the little rotating icon on the bottom right, but after about 3 or 4 seconds, that moving icon stops moving and that's the last I ever see anything change. No loading bar, no checking for updates screen, nothing, just the pre-loading screen with the rotating icon stuck and not moving. This is the steam version of the program.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a million times already. After a clean install it will open correctly one time. But the next time I try to open the program I get what I described above.

I also have a license for the Microsoft store version so I installed that. That version would open and close correctly. The problem I had with that version was that my controller inputs would not be recognized. I would try to map buttons, etc on my CH Eclipse yoke and the MSFS would never recognize that I had pushed a button or turned an axis. I know I could manually select the controller numbers but let's face it, it's not supposed to work that way.

If any of you can give me any insights I sure would appreciate them. Right now I can't use the program since it won't finish coming up properly.

Thanks,

Rob