Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Half of the STAR or SID?

Very often, or almost always, when I pick a STAR, the waypoints I'm getting in my FMC is like half of the star. Usually it stops populating the star halfway and goes direct to the FAF transition. Anyone else have the same experience? It's so random... I mean, it HAS the right STAR in the database, but half of it is missing. How does that happen?

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Very often, or almost always, when I pick a STAR, the waypoints I'm getting in my FMC is like half of the star. Usually it stops populating the star halfway and goes direct to the FAF transition. Anyone else have the same experience? It's so random... I mean, it HAS the right STAR in the database, but half of it is missing. How does that happen?

Have to pay the other half in Marketplace 🙂

• Like 3

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

rollin on the floor with that one

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

@Andreas Stangenes, I noticed the same thing on a simple SID last night. It dropped any fixes in the selected transition. I know it loaded it initially. My guess is that it deleted the transition after I added the approach at my destination airport 

• Like 1

Chris

5 hours ago, snglecoil said:

@Andreas Stangenes, I noticed the same thing on a simple SID last night. It dropped any fixes in the selected transition. I know it loaded it initially. My guess is that it deleted the transition after I added the approach at my destination airport 

It could be that sometimes waypoints get removed simply by taking off... Othertimes, half the waypoints are missing, or the waypoints you do get is actually a transition and not the STAR. Its very random. If I had a contract with navblue I would put them to work to get my moneys worth from them. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78