Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 17th, 2020 - Development Update

SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

GTPILOT7596-1.jpeg

Screenshot by GTPILOT7596

With the release of patch #2 yesterday, the team is wrapping up another busy week!

• Around the World Episode 3  – We are excited to announce the release of Episode 3 (AFRICA) from our Around the World series!
  • Partnership Series – Updated Partnership Series video has been released.
  • SDK Update – Update on our SDK development and Third Party development.
  • Development Roadmap  – Updated version of the Development Roadmap has been posted.
  • Feedback Snapshot – We are targeting 09.24 for posting an update to our Feedback Snapshot.
  • Patch timeline – Expect an update on our next patch release in our 09.24 post.

The team would also like to express their gratitude for the feedback we’ve been receiving from those of you out there encountering a bit of turbulence with the recent patch release. The team is actively working to provide updates for these issues, along with an updated Feedback Snapshot (expect updated Feedback Snapshot to be released on 09.24). In the meantime, please visit -> http://flightsimulator.com/known-issues  for the most recent information regarding updates on issues.

It’s been incredibly valuable to have a close connection with the community as we navigate a few early growing pains. We will continue to work closely with the community to build a franchise that can be enjoyed by many for years to come!

– MSFS TEAM

Development-Banner-GIF.gif

TOP VOTED ISSUE – 09.17 (MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR FORUM FEEDBACK ONLY)

*Note: we will not remove issues from the list until the community has had more time with the recent patch release and can provide their feedback/votes.

Direct Link to Bugs & Issues Forum Thread

AROUND THE WORLD – EPISODE #3 (AFRICA) IS HERE!

PARTNERSHIP SERIES UPDATE – INTRODUCING TEXTRON!

SDK UPDATE

The SDK team is working on several key areas to further improve and expand the SDK functionality:

• Scenery Editor: Projected mesh normal rotation issues have been addressed and it is now possible to replace single models for scenery objects.
  • Aircraft Editor: Several stability fixes and improvements have been made thanks to the input from the community.
  • Particle Effects System: A new node-based particles effects system is in development and features more tunable parameters. The node graph editor got some usability improvements and support for generating ribbons has been added.
  • WebAssembly: Addressed some usability issues (e.g. allowing single file recompilation) and are mostly concentrating on reducing developer iteration time and improving the debugging experience. Also enhanced the way file I/O requests from WASM modules work, improved WASM modules caching and fixed issues upon WASM module shutdown.

Third Party Developers

It’s only been one short month since we launched the new Microsoft Flight Simulator and we have already received over 900 applications to our Marketplace Partner Program. That’s amazing and we are so excited to see the third party creator community embracing the new platform with such enthusiasm. Last week alone, we launched 10 all-new products and updates to 8 existing ones. Our team has been quite impressed by the quality of the work from the airport teams at Aerosoft, Big Tire, Carenado, FLYT, Fly Tampa, FS Dream Team, Gaya, Latin VR and ORBX and it’s awesome to see new aircraft, airports and other add-ons being announced almost daily. We always knew that the energy and creativity from third parties is critical for a vibrant ecosystem, but the degree of adoption and sheer speed and volume of releases has far exceeded our expectations.

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP UPDATE

DR-9.17.png

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

MORE AMAZING SCREENSHOTS FROM THE COMMUNITY

cirurginn.png

Screenshot by Cirurginn

GTPILOT7596.jpeg

Screenshot by GTPILOT7596

c0mmaderkiller.jpeg

Screenshot by c0mmanderkiller

SimFlight2020.jpeg

Screenshot by SimFlight2020

Cuzdawg3-1-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by Cuzdawg3

ScenicAtol3300-1.jpeg

Screenshot by ScenicAtol3300

z32ands30-1.png

Screenshot by z32ands30

groovyfly.jpg

Screenshot by Groovyfly

dr2kenRZE-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by dr2kenRZE

Borntobattle100.png

Screenshot by Borntobattle100

NEXT UPDATE – 09.24

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 17

Looks like patches will consistently come once a month.

Wonder if we’ll get any hotfixes to address the new issues that arose though 😕 Glad Asobo is sticking with us though and staying positive through the issues.

• Like 2

Nice, still no mention of the completely broken 787 that can't follow a flightplan (and deletes it on its own) or the part where it just falls out of the sky when you shut off the autopilot.  Remind me why I paid an extra $60 again?  I'm not asking for study level addon aircraft, just a default aircraft that can actually be used just like the other default aircraft i.e. it isn't full of bugs that make it usable only as a display prop on the tarmac.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Thanks for the updates looking forward to more fixes in the future. 
Asobo please dont let the bad apples 🍎 that think their issues are a “stop everything and listen to me kind of thing . Bother you guys . 
you guys are doing a great job 👏.

I had to edit my post to express how happy im to see the guys from TEXTRON working on this. Excellent.....

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 10

Image removed as image is no longer available.

7 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Looks like patches will consistently come once a month.

I noticed this too.  Yet another tick for the team IMO

flyinion, sympathies here for you mate, but I think you can be assured that this will be addressed in the fullness of time.  I too bought the premium deluxe for the broken aircraft and sceneries where I never fly.  My bad .... no regrets either.  They have fixed most of the Cessna Longtitude problems though, and that is great for me.  However, looking at the Textron video where they claim everything was done to perfection, I am left wondering (if this is indeed correct) how the 850(?) gallon fuel tank can be regarded as "perfection" NO DOUBT, however this and other problems in other aircraft will eventually be fixed to at least some extent.  

Rest assured, one and all, 3PDs will do a much better job of aircraft implementation than Asobo have done (initially at least)

Please note too, that they fixed to a large extent, some of the WX problems. REX is about to fix their fixes LOL with a new release, which, I think, given the blurb so far, will turn weather upside down.

It is REALLY all happening regardless of whether or not, we love the pace at which it is done.

It can only get better and WE are going to be the winners

Regards
Tony

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Your dedication to MSFS is impressive @ChaoticBeauty, thanks for keeping us up to date.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

10 minutes ago, eaim said:

Your dedication to MSFS is impressive @ChaoticBeauty, thanks for keeping us up to date.

They're certainly giving me enough reason to keep following the development updates. It is refreshing to see development on the simulator is continuing at a fast pace.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Nice, still no mention of the completely broken 787 that can't follow a flightplan (and deletes it on its own) or the part where it just falls out of the sky when you shut off the autopilot.  Remind me why I paid an extra $60 again?  I'm not asking for study level addon aircraft, just a default aircraft that can actually be used just like the other default aircraft i.e. it isn't full of bugs that make it usable only as a display prop on the tarmac.

I know it's frustrating but we need to give the devs a little slack, all flight sims have these sort of issues, after all Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm sure that within 6/12 months time we'll have a fantastic more complete sim to enjoy.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Good job MSFS team. No worries about a little turbulence. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

21 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I noticed this too.  Yet another tick for the team IMO

flyinion, sympathies here for you mate, but I think you can be assured that this will be addressed in the fullness of time.  I too bought the premium deluxe for the broken aircraft and sceneries where I never fly.  My bad .... no regrets either.  They have fixed most of the Cessna Longtitude problems though, and that is great for me.  However, looking at the Textron video where they claim everything was done to perfection, I am left wondering (if this is indeed correct) how the 850(?) gallon fuel tank can be regarded as "perfection" NO DOUBT, however this and other problems in other aircraft will eventually be fixed to at least some extent.  

Rest assured, one and all, 3PDs will do a much better job of aircraft implementation than Asobo have done (initially at least)

Please note too, that they fixed to a large extent, some of the WX problems. REX is about to fix their fixes LOL with a new release, which, I think,

7 minutes ago, eaim said:

I know it's frustrating but we need to give the devs a little slack, all flight sims have these sort of issues, after all Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm sure that within 6/12 months time we'll have a fantastic more complete sim to enjoy.

Yeah I know it takes time, just frustrating when instead of fixing it, they actually made it way way worse (in the case of the 787 and apparently the poor A320).  Sounds like I might have to check out the Longitude (fuel tank capacity aside) as it's been on my list to check out.  I've actually been using the TBM a lot lately so maybe I just need to stick with that for a few months.  I've really enjoyed its speed/cruise altitude capability and ease of handling and its supposed range is more than enough for most of the stuff I plan to fly anytime soon (though I'd prefer a jet for anything longer than about 400nm).  I think I'm actually almost more disappointed hearing about the A320 as I was actually using that with the flybywire mod before the update and after figuring out how to work around a few quirks in the base aircraft was actually having a lot of fun with it.

Edited by flyinion
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

38 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Nice, still no mention of the completely broken 787 that can't follow a flightplan (and deletes it on its own) or the part where it just falls out of the sky when you shut off the autopilot.  Remind me why I paid an extra $60 again?

Additional airports, also we will have to wait for the QW787 to have a fully functional Dreamliner.

spacer.png

Just now, Boomer said:

Additional airports, also we will have to wait for the QW787 to have a fully functional Dreamliner.

Well, yeah I'm not expecting a QW787 just a default aircraft that actually works (can follow a flight plan, doesn't fall out of the sky, etc.) 🙂  I've been using MS's flightsims since FS98 so I know default aircraft are never going to be high end, but it's reasonable to expect them to actually be flyable from point A to point B.  Default aircraft have always had their quirks, but you could at least fly them somewhere even if the flight model was arcade like and half the buttons and switches didn't do anything.

• Like 1

Flyinion,

Hey, I know how you feel, but I look at it this way.

If I suffer a fit of depression over the speed of development (very easy at my age I can tell you) and I need a fix of flying far better modelled aircraft, I simply fire up P3D or Xplane. Actually, being a pensioner, I have the time to do this on a daily basis, and this I do. 

Knowing how you actually feel, can you put yourself into the added situation of people who uninstalled everything else to concentrate on MSFS and they too are being "stuck" with under developed aircraft as a trade-off for world graphics.  From my point of view this was crazy and I really do wonder, how many people really reacted that way.  

From THAT point of view, if you have or did not uninstall other platforms, you are still in front of the game.  I very much know that I am.

Chin up mate, you may well be less frustrated than a lot of people.

On another note, I noticed that flysimulation has a link to a manual for MSFS2020 for a quite reasonable price of UKPounds10.00. I have not bought this, largely on principal because I consider the lack of an included manual of any sort for MSFS2020  absolutely diabolical. Content quality, therefore, has not been included in the term "reasonable" 

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Scenery Editor: Projected mesh normal rotation issues have been addressed and it is now possible to replace single models for scenery objects.

Anyone understand what that means?

33 minutes ago, eaim said:

I'd rather have a 'broken' inclusive simulator than a blank canvas (e.g. P3D) that requires thousands of dollars of additional add-ons to achieve a realistic flight environment.  It amazes me how some have taken MSFS value proposition for granted.  Moreover, given professionalism and transparency of the team, coupled with the frequency of patches, does anyone believe these bugs won't be fixed?  I believe we're about 6-months away from a complete simulator....

Thank you for the update, sir.  

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Matt King