Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Thank you, Joerg, Sab and team!

Joerg, Sab and team,

thank you for MSFS, I mean really thank you! 

I have been flight simming since the dawn of time, I have seen it all, I am a GA pilot (not current), I am involved in air search and rescue as a spotter and navigator.

For the first time in history we can finally do true VFR flying. I can recreate search flights, prep for future searches and overall have my neck of the woods at my fingertips, British Columbia, Canada in my case.

Don't listen to the negative voice, you created an amazing platform that will mature further. Yes, the aircraft need some work, but that will come. 
Rather listen to the constructive voices that share your passion!

The weather, environment, lightning, sound, scenery is truly next gen, which is a very solid base to have some amazing flight sim experiences, to learn, explore and be inspired by our wonderful planet!

For the first time I do not have to go and buy every weather, traffic, cloud, airport etc etc addons. I can, if I like to, but I can be very selective and I can put more money into my home cockpit! 

Keep up the good work and thank you again!

Joern from Canada

• Like 29
  • Upvote 4

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

Joerg, Sab and team,

thank you for MSFS, I mean really thank you! 

I have been flight simming since the dawn of time, I have seen it all, I am a GA pilot (not current), I am involved in air search and rescue as a spotter and navigator.

For the first time in history we can finally do true VFR flying. I can recreate search flights, prep for future searches and overall have my neck of the woods at my fingertips, British Columbia, Canada in my case.

Don't listen to the negative voice, you created an amazing platform that will mature further. Yes, the aircraft need some work, but that will come. 

The weather, environment, lightning, sound, scenery is truly next gen, which is a very solid base to have some amazing flight sim experiences, to learn, explore and be inspired by our wonderful planet!

For the first time I do not have to go and buy every weather, traffic, cloud, airport etc etc addons. I can, if I like to, but I can be very selective and I can put more money into my home cockpit! 

Joern from Canada

Add me to the list of people who would like to thank the team for their work. 

• Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

Joerg, Sab and team,

thank you for MSFS, I mean really thank you! [...]

Joern from Canada

Qui habet aures audiendi audiat! 😄

Can’t but agree. Love the platform and guess what it is only going to get better. To all the naysayers I say your pessimism is unwarranted if you compare MSFS 2020 out of the box with other flightsim platforms.  

• Like 1

Yes thank you and please keep patching, you have MFGA, made flight Sim great again lol

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Cannot argue with any of the points and sentiment here and I would like to add my thanks to the team.

Yes, it needs improving but that will come, people who have been round here long enough will know that out of the box, it is pretty groundbreaking.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

The same here, thank you very much Asobo. I have never before enjoyed my VFR flights in FSE as much as with MSFS. 

It is just a pity that the negative press gets the most clicks, like the article "Glad I didn’t buy it".

Jurgen
EDDC

• Like 1

CharlieDont5urf.jpg

39 minutes ago, CharlieDont5urf said:

(...) It is just a pity that the negative press gets the most clicks, like the article "Glad I didn’t buy it".

I'm not surprised. Every single flight i make i find something that annoys me so much i just want to quit the simulator. The demand level is so high at the moment because of P3Dv5 and all its outstanding addons and also Microsoft raised expectations so high, that it's only natural that people get annoyed at things that shouldn't be in a 2020 simulator anymore.

From broken updates to major scenery issues, lack of well-known airports (Malaga for instance), all sorts of bugs with weather... They should have spent (way) more time finishing MSFS before releasing it in this alpha state (i find the RTM version very very similar to that).

It will get better, but it will also have to go through this "rant" phase because it was released with so many issues.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Well, I’m glad I bought it. No regrets and having a blast!

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

The most fun I've in a simulator in two decades.

Almost 70 flight hours earnt already.

It's not perfect but I love it. Well done to all involved. 

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

The thing is nothing short of ground-breaking.  Stay with it the platform is incredible and I've been at it since the dawn of desktop FS.  IFR flights are working as well.  I hope the developer continues to develop the platform--nothing will touch it ever if they do.  It definitely needs some major fine-tuning in several domains but as I say, it's fine TUNING, not major overhaul.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

For the pittance it cost me to purchase this software, and the enjoyment I have got out of it in one month, I consider it paid in full if I never load it again. Unlike the nice meal I bought for the same which I unloaded within two days after purchasing. 

Any betterment at this point, to me, is endless dessert

🍻

I do admit that some of the a la carte items being presented do look tasty though 🤤

Edited by OneOfMany
  • Like 1