Sign in to follow this  
ChrisDa

How can I fix this ?

Each year, been doing this for 8 years, I fly out of Philadelphia (Kphl), after visiting my elderly Aunt and return to Australia.

The American Airlines (AAL) flight departs Philadelphia some time between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm, sometimes direct to KLAX, other times with a short stop over at KATL or KPHX.

This year, NO FLY ! , Covid 19. So I wanted to replicate Past years flights.

Now, here's the thing, in real life, this time of the day is peak hour and the airport is Chock a Block, all gates are pretty much occupied, but in the sim, there are a couple of International aircraft at Terminal A, a few at Terminal B, only me (AAL) at C, a couple of Delta at D, nothing at E where there should be a stack of South West, and nothing at Terminal F where there should be a stack of American Eagle.

I am using SunSkyJet KPHL, (I know,it's old but works ok in P3D), Is there another alternative ?

And I'm using AIG-OCI for AI and have everything installed that fly into KPHL.

When I get to KATL or KPHX or on to KLAX, there is aircraft everywhere most gates are occupied, just like real life.

So, how do I get more aircraft on the ground at KPHL, do I have to edit the AFCAD files ? Not looking forward to that.

Chris.

Edited by ChrisDa
Typo

Well... the way I know is to edit AFCAD files.... In which you can assign which airline could use any specific stand. as long as the AI pack get the airline code right (mostly do), it will take effect.

This may be a known problem.

Take a look here:

https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/35938-p3d44-scenery-khpl/

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

OK, I messed around with Terminals A West , A East, and Terminal B in Airport Design Editor.

Seems to be working out OK, with a stack more AI filling up the Gates.

Changed the Mil, Cargo to Gate Small and Medium with some Heavy at the international part of Terminal A.  Then set the correct parking codes from Wikipedia,

Also, I added iniBuilds dynamic lighting, that makes a big difference.

The Airport is becoming more than half-way-decent.

ct6dalf.jpg

Chris

Edited by ChrisDa
Correction
  • Like 1

Looking better all the time.

If I keep plugging away at this, I might be able to fly and be home before Christmas.

oHVowYF.jpg

Chris.

• Like 1

Chris,

Thats a might big improvement! Nice job on editing the AFCAD.

Thanks for sharing the improvements.

Regards
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

What improvements are you still hoping to see? It already looks like you have a realistic number of AI planes at the gates.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher,  At 5 / 6 pm the place is chockers. Still I had Terminal D almost empty. If you have ever been on the way out of KPHL at 5:45 pm, you'll know what I mean.

I messed Around some more, got pretty much all the gates full and the iniBuilds dynamic lighting working.

I'm pretty much happy with the airport now. Here is a screen capture from Little NavMap, 5:30pm in the sim.

129VtSY.jpg

In the sim. You can see the Delaware Express Way, I 95 and the Betsy Ross Bridge Toll way interchange.

V5Tr6hE.jpg

Real Life, you can see Petty Island and the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.

ceI0xBC.jpg

Chris.

Edited by ChrisDa
Typo