Sign in to follow this  
daztheman70

A320 After patch Worse

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

I am just curious : Maybe this patch ruined the moded A320 intentially, for letting 3D party to develope better and payware A320 instead of moded free A320 by the community ?

What do you think ? Can this be the reason ?

That’s conspiracy theory nonsense, because the base A320 has the same issues, it isn’t just the freeware version.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, flightsim1818 said:

I have issues with the mouse after the patch. This was an early bug that I believe was fixed. Out of the blue you can't press or turn any knobs. Basically the entire aircraft becomes impossible to operate.

Open up the VFR map and drag the window around the screen a couple times, that should fix it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

The engine shutdown bug can be worked around by leaving the APU on. This might burn some more fuel and is unrealistic but at least it prevents engine 1 from shutting down.

I haven‘t encountered any of the other oddities you described yet, but I had an autopilot problem this morning on the approach into Queenstown. Don‘t know if it has to do with the latest patch but here‘s what happened.

I used the ingame flight planner to program the MCDU. The flight was from Christchurch to Queenstown runway 5, using a star (can‘t remember which  one). The flight plan looked good and everything was working fine when at 10000ft into the descent the AP (nav mode) suddenly thought it should leave the flight path and turn left. I switched to hdg mode to correct the course and get the plane back on track. Then I tried nav mode again, same result. I tried it several times and every time I reactivated nav mode the AP would do something weird. In the end I gave up and landed the thing manually. I never had this problem before. Any ideas? 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

I am just curious : Maybe this patch ruined the moded A320 intentially, for letting 3D party to develope better and payware A320 instead of moded free A320 by the community ?

What do you think ? Can this be the reason ?

This seems highly unlikely to me. They published the SDK because they value community contributions. They said it many times that they’re amazed by the community’s enthusiasm. Also, the patch didn‘t just ruin the modded a320 but also the default one. Why should they destroy their own work, cause hard feelings among their customers and risk a loss of image only to stop some modders. If they had a problem with the mod they could just forbid it.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Flew Gatwick-Vienna, and Gatwick-Paris return last night with the latest version. No issues at all...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I flew LRCV-LGKO with today's or yesterday's version and no problems.

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

Biggest issue for me is handling. The elevator is so slow in response it is positively dangerous (if it was real). You should be able to fly the A320 manually with perfect ease The whole fly by wire coding,needs a radical revision. Unfortunately I cannot find the coding to tweak it. Around 150 feet descending or ascending  the transition to and from non fly-by-wire is so poorly done you might as well have a bright neon sign saying "TRANSITION NOW!".

Such a pity as the A320 is done quite well in many other ways.

Before and after the patch the ND has far too small icons and fonts, and the brightness controls don't go far enough. It beats me how someone can design all this and not see so obviously the faults. 

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I have tried to fly five complete short hops 150-200 milesi inthe last two days and had these errors

All flights had uncontrollable pitch up on take off that led to stalls and recovery

Most flights blew through altitude restrictions

Using stock navaids and MFS planning impossible to fly stars and approaches using approach mode, will not decend using  fmc altitude restrictions, erratic speeds, turning around on stars, 

Does not fly to current waypoint always next waypoint

Fly to direct causes the plane to turn around to the last waypoint

Most or all of these ocurred with or without a320 mod

No comments except I worry that all of this might be a bridge too far for Asobo

Edited by Denwagg
  • Like 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, flightsim1818 said:

What's up with that?

Yup, fair to say that not one aircraft in this sim is truly flyable or reliable since that patch. Not one aircraft. Prior to the patch I could work around the issues, now it is just a frustrating mess. This patch was one step forward, 50 steps backwards.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just done a flight in two aircraft GA waste of time glitchy sensitive crashed 4 times i have been simming since first ever flight sim.

Sim looks incredible but even fs9 wasn't this bad at launch controls wise.

Such a shame wake me up when it is all sorted.

Daz

3 hours ago, Denwagg said:

I have tried to fly five complete short hops 150-200 milesi inthe last two days and had these errors

All flights had uncontrollable pitch up on take off that led to stalls and recovery

Most flights blew through altitude restrictions

Using stock navaids and MFS planning impossible to fly stars and approaches using approach mode, will not decend using  fmc altitude restrictions, erratic speeds, turning around on stars, 

Does not fly to current waypoint always next waypoint

Fly to direct causes the plane to turn around to the last waypoint

Most or all of these ocurred with or without a320 mod

No comments except I worry that all of this might be a bridge too far for Asobo

That's the same in my expirience (standard A320).

The approach is in the MCDU but in the NAV-Log it is missing. In NAV-Log is no waypoint of the approach. It looks like the plane follows the NAV-Log and not the MCDU.

I am seeing very strange behavior on A320 ... PFD and MCP light goes repetely down by theyrself !!! during an one hour flight i had to relight the dimming knobs a hundred times !!! it seems tha a ghost continue to dimm down the knobs !!

never seen just like this befor 2nd patch !

Itryied to turn off the AI control of checklist but none solved !

Any other same issue ? any other have a solution ?

i hate this ! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bozflyer said:

I am seeing very strange behavior on A320 ... PFD and MCP light goes repetely down by theyrself !!! during an one hour flight i had to relight the dimming knobs a hundred times !!! it seems tha a ghost continue to dimm down the knobs !!

never seen just like this befor 2nd patch !

Itryied to turn off the AI control of checklist but none solved !

Any other same issue ? any other have a solution ?

i hate this ! 

do you run with the updated a30? prob not.

and/or may other outdated mods?

Edited by wim123

A320 for me (this is default completely unmodified) is prone to huge pitch ups on departure, sometimes resulting in an unrecoverable stall followed by a nose dive and crash. If it was meant to be a 737 MAX with MCAS, it would be completely accurate! 

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, Chock said:

A320 for me (this is default completely unmodified) is prone to huge pitch ups on departure, sometimes resulting in an unrecoverable stall followed by a nose dive and crash. If it was meant to be a 737 MAX with MCAS, it would be completely accurate! 

It does that maybe every 10th flight. I already see the crazy FD on the runway. That's the moment I restart the flight, everything fine on the second try.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Mine got a lot worse yesterday (Modded version), Blank screens on approach, (turn up brightness) horrible departure where it tries to climb 6k per min for no apparant reason. Horrible pitching drop across threashold when landing.

To prove the faults lie with the default Asobo version i removed the modded version, and yup.... the faults are all there after numerous test flights. Please get this sorted M/S Asobo... the planes becoming a joke.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,