Sign in to follow this  
albar965

Little Navmap beta release 2.6.0.beta - MSFS now supported

47 minutes ago, albar965 said:

@sauviat Thanks for the hint, Martin.

Just updated and LNM does not blow up with it. So far so good but now I get the impression that it cannot even read basic flight plans. Not even its own.🙄

I just tested a plan I made b4 patch with LNM2.6.0 - a little tour of the Amalfi coast out of LIRI.  Loaded into the world map fine and was loaded into the G1000 when I got into the sim.

Tested both with and without Navigraph data loaded into the sim.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:54 PM, albar965 said:

Hallo Daniel

ist das überhaupt eine Szenerieerweiterung? LNM kann nur mit etwas mit BGL-Dateien anfangen.
Alex

.fsarchive Dateien sind das verschlüsselte Format von MSFS, wird zB bei den Premium/Deluxe Inhalten verwendet und kann auch von 3rd-Party verwendet werden.

Windows 10 Pro - i7-6700K@4.5GHz - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Prepar3D v4.5 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hi Alex,

Loaded 2 freeware airports (CBY2 and CQRA) into the Community Folder of MSFS2020 and they show up fine in the Sim. but not in LNM.  Ran the "Load Scenery Library" as before but they do not show up.  However, what is strange is the count of airports was 36,971 but has now increased by 2 so it's at 36,973...but still do not show up on map, nor in search.  I have the "Force map to show add-on airports" checked...no help.  This is first time I have added any airports to the sim.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

@albar965 Hallo Alex,

I downloaded and installed the beta version 2.6.0 on the day after you announced its release and was wondering if there was another update that has enhanced functions or fixed bugs.

Below is a screen shot of my "About"...

y4mudBg7-X3TsPGlK4LddYzH2YZnZ7AhY_EGSEmsM4iM1YWqcSoj1GqK3WyfKa5GH1hMKSIyv9m9HOLAti2ssyCPd3YGCnzBWuRz6dFYzU0pHAA4ssf0-riBdtUHulCjPU5o5wok4FUVtz7_GLueJyBNtRMKfWi5YueJ4zy13OxIjYlWe49mWrGvEDNoi8vxU5vn167hNBKDlEnb3Kpibeeig?width=1080&height=1236&cropmode=none

I've read all posts in this thread to find if there's a later version, but there's no mention of any update. However, I notice in GitHub that there are "36 commits" by albar965 to release 2.6 since its release 12 days ago. So, can I assume you haven't released another beta version yet?

Danke,

Wayne

das Australien

Edited by freewayne
Added screen shot.

10 hours ago, touchdown84 said:

.fsarchive files are the encrypted format of MSFS, used e.g. for Premium/Deluxe content and can also be used by 3rd party.

If it's encrypted it cannot be supported. It is as simple as that.

10 hours ago, flytriman said:

Loaded 2 freeware airports (CBY2 and CQRA) into the Community Folder of MSFS2020 and they show up fine in the Sim. but not in LNM.  Ran the "Load Scenery Library" as before but they do not show up.  However, what is strange is the count of airports was 36,971 but has now increased by 2 so it's at 36,973...but still do not show up on map, nor in search.  I have the "Force map to show add-on airports" checked...no help.  This is first time I have added any airports to the sim.

Community still excluded?

6 hours ago, freewayne said:

I've read all posts in this thread to find if there's a later version, but there's no mention of any update. However, I notice in GitHub that there are "36 commits" by albar965 to release 2.6 since its release 12 days ago. So, can I assume you haven't released another beta version yet?

once it's out can see it at all these places and a few more. No need to search through the forum:

https://albar965.github.io/index.html
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/releases
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/780-little-navmap-little-navconnect-little-logbook-support-forum/,

I'll release it once I think it is good enough, sorry. I'd rather release complete updates instead of a little bit every few days. The latter approach costs a lot of time.

Alex

23 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

Hi Alex,
Awestruck! Many, many thanks to you for continuously updating this indispensable program! 
Spent some time going through all the new features and such. You mentioned bug reports are welcomed. 
While I do not use this feature too much I did find something. The webserver.  
👎 From the main menu clicking on Tools | Open Webserver Page in Browser brings me to <computer name>.<isp name>:<port> which doesn't work with a "server IP address could not be found - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" returned. ( from the manual : http://YOUR_COMPUTER_NAME:8965 or http://localhost:8965didn't work either - tested using both http//: & https:// ) 
👍If I go to Tools | Options | Webserver and click on the provided raw IP address link it works fine. 
Perhaps it is a browser/router setting that I am unaware of ??? If not, maybe an override in the .ini for the menu item in future releases? ( using ALT-T / ALT-P is so convenient ) 
Again, THANK YOU!

22 hours ago, albar965 said:

@spokes2112 I guess this is a network setting. I also have a few of these funny cases here where some addresses do not work or computers cannot find each other. And that with an unhealty mixture of Linux, Windows and macOS.

The IP should be always work. A bit strange is that localhost did not connect. localhost should always get a connection if you run the browser on the same machine as LNM.
Firewall blocking anything?

Alex

Oh yes it is!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Something is really bad in my system.
Firewall on or off made no difference.
localhost or 127.0.0.1 cannot be found until i loop it back with my physical IP in the hosts file.
nnn.nn.n.nnn  localhost
Then... I can add this to the hosts file 
127.0.0.1  <computer name>.<my isp name>:8965
and everything works as it should, showing : https://<my computername>:8965/ and not https://<my computername>.<my isp name>:8965/  in the tools|options|web server window.

Networking and this stuff is not my thing, I sure hope I didn't open up some gaping hole, or someone/something already has! (scared ☠️)
Off to 2.6.1 beta :))

Thanks again Alex, for all you do for the FS community.
Roman

Roman_Full_combo_AVSIM_2.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS Host/Client 

Yamaha CR 1000/JBL 2500, AMD 965 BE OC'd @ 3.88, RipJaw 2x4GB 1600 CL7, Gigabyte GTX-1070 OC 8GB, Asus M4A87TD EVO (AMD 870), Samsung 850 EVO 256GB & 1TB SSDs, WD 1T & 500G Black, 19" & 32" LCD, Win7 Pro 64bit, TMaster T-Flight HOTAS, FSX/FS9, FSUIPC / LUA, FSRealWX Pro, PlanG, JoinFS, LittleNavMap
Copilot - Samantha the "Hound"  RIP 😞        
       samantha.jpg?dl=1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:36 AM, albar965 said:

@David Evans Hi Dave,

click on the red error message below the flight plan window. I'm sure there is one.
You need a aircraft performance defined to get TOC and TOC. This will also put the airports back to normal level.
Simply do "Create new aircraft performance". The default is good enough for most planning tasks.
Another reason might be that departure or destination are not airports.

Alex

Hey Alex,

Finally getting around to trying this again now.  Unfortunately, no go.  I created an airplane performance profile as you suggested.  I don't see any errors in red below the flight plan window.  Everything looks good in LittleNavMap.  I exported the flight plan and imported into MSFS.  On the map window altitude comes up as Airborne 18 feet (which is the airport altitude).  I can't change that from the drop down.  Also interesting to note that at the end of the flight plan in MSFS it says Departure (again) and creates a final leg all the way back to my departure airport, ignoring my destination airport from LittleNavmap.  If I launch into the sim it puts me Airborne at 11,500 (my cruise altitude).  I originally created my flightplan in skyvecor and imported that as a .fpl so I know the airports are valid and they show up as such.   I'm still missing something.

EDIT: Ok wait, I think I see what's happening, but I don't know how to fix it.  When it imports into MSFS, the airports are coming over as points of interest instead of airports.

EDIT 2: I was just going to delete this post, but it won't let me so I'm going to tell you that I figured it out from another post, by disabling Navigraph data.  I re-selected the airports and it worked!  Don't you love when users fix their own problems? 🙂

Danke Schon,

Dave

Edited by David Evans

11 hours ago, David Evans said:

Ok wait, I think I see what's happening, but I don't know how to fix it.  When it imports into MSFS, the airports are coming over as points of interest instead of airports.

I've already seen this. MSFS apparently just catches a nearby object completely ignoring the type. E.g. if a NDB in the plan does not exist in the sim it takes a nearby VOR with a totally different ident. I prefer to create user defined waypoint which LNM does (and marks them red).

11 hours ago, David Evans said:

I was just going to delete this post, but it won't let me so I'm going to tell you that I figured it out from another post, by disabling Navigraph data.  I re-selected the airports and it worked!  Don't you love when users fix their own problems?

No need to delete. The information can be still helpful for others. But still strange. I had no bigger problems so far when using the Navigraph data. But you never know. It's still a beta.

Alex

On 10/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, albar965 said:

I've already seen this. MSFS apparently just catches a nearby object completely ignoring the type. E.g. if a NDB in the plan does not exist in the sim it takes a nearby VOR with a totally different ident. I prefer to create user defined waypoint which LNM does (and marks them red).

No need to delete. The information can be still helpful for others. But still strange. I had no bigger problems so far when using the Navigraph data. But you never know. It's still a beta.

Alex

I was wrong about this being a Navigraph issue.  It seems to happen regardless of whether or not Navigraph is turned on when I import plans from Skyvector and then export the plan to MSFS.  If I just create the plan in LNM then the issue with the POIs doesn't seem to occur.

Dave

7 hours ago, David Evans said:

I was wrong about this being a Navigraph issue.  It seems to happen regardless of whether or not Navigraph is turned on when I import plans from Skyvector and then export the plan to MSFS.  If I just create the plan in LNM then the issue with the POIs doesn't seem to occur.

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I think the issue with the POIs can always occur if the navdata does not match.