Sign in to follow this  
Guest senatorto

FSX performance on this laptop

Guest senatorto

Dear all,I am looking into a new laptop system and need your advice on the performance with FSX:HP Pavilion Dv9005txIntel Core 2 Due T7200 2.0Ghz with 4MB L2 Cache1 GB DDR2240 GB harddiskNvidia GeForce Go 7600 512 MBPlease advice if I can get decent performance on this system. It has been a reality that a new system is required for every new version of FS. Also the realistic system must be 3 times of the Microsoft suggested requiremend. Thanks

Guest Fjorko

HiI live in the UK and I have just bought a DV9088ea which is almost identical to the one you have. Yours has a faster processor, but the rest seems exactly the same.FSX has performed really well on my system. You do get the low FPS in big cities, but then again, i don't fly there often...Do the tweaks on this forum...and it will fly ! The screen is beautiful and makes for a lovely picture !! I have some screenshots in this forum i took from this laptop......so check it out !!!HTH :-)

Guest SVA121

I think you'd need 2gigs of ram. And what's the GPU of the 7600 card?

Guest Fjorko

My laptop does have 2GB of RAMThe 7600 is Nvidia off course ! Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 to be exact.

I think you'll note his reply was to the original poster, not to you.I also highly recommend 2 GB of ram. I just upgraded my own laptop from 1 GB to 2 GB and definately notice a difference. It will also help when you want to run another program while FS is still running.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Redvan

I third or fourth or whatever number we're on, that. 2GB RAM... I have 1gig right now, but definantly upgrading it... I can run demo2 decently on my lappy (specs below), and yours will definantly out proform mine...

Guest senatorto

Thank you for your advice.