Sign in to follow this  
Gilandred

New Aircraft M20R Released

Why Asobo didn't have just ONE aircraft with an analogue HSI in it beats me.

I'll probably buy this too eventually.  And then someday RXP will release a GTN.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bought it over an hour ago and spent up to now flying it around KOSH. Impressions: If anything it exceeds Carenado's eyecandy levels. Very nice. Flies OK (Like I'm an expert) but like all MFS airplanes very squirrelly on landing. I think a good £25 worth.

I should add that I'm not big on avionics and associated acronyms so I can't comment on the accuracy of said instruments

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Jeff_Fortuna said:

How long were you flying for before they turned off? I'm just trying to get a sense of what to watch out for...

I've only had it quickly up and down so far.

About 20 minutes, I was just switching VOR freq on #2 Nav, and there was an audible click, like a breaker popping. But all breakers seem fine none popped out, I don't know if they work anyway.

I will do some more flying in a  couple hrs. All avionics go off not just Garmin.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

Some Carenado planes in previous sims required you to actually hit the switch on the gps, and didn’t just turn on when you fired up the avionics bus, perhaps the case here?

All avionics are affected, the engine instrument gauges are fine still on

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

8 minutes ago, styckx said:

This is a game wide bug that has no concern for what aircraft you're flying.. It's nearly game breaking when it rears its ugly head.. 

I have almost 60 hrs flying in the new sim. Most in the Carenado 182, I really like it. 

And the M20 is the only one that has had the avionics click off. I have the 172 with steam gauges as well and it has not displayed this phenomenon.

Pit.jpg

1 minute ago, 177B said:

I have almost 60 hrs flying in the new sim. Most in the Carenado 182, I really like it. 

And the M20 is the only one that has had the avionics click off. I have the 172 with steam gauges as well and it has not displayed this phenomenon.

It's not a Carenado issue. Either the screens go black or you lose complete electrical power to them. It various upon how it spawns itself

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/black-avionics-screens-after-update/273751

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Been flying around 30 min now. No electrical issues so far.

I have never flown "R" model - the closest one I did was "J". I'm aware that "R" model doesn't have cowlflaps, but other than that remind me of "J": "Sport style" setting is spot on. Like in "J" model cowling covers a lot of visibility and there is no way to adjust seat height better than that!

I believe "R" and "J" share the same gear rubber disk shock absorption system so as all Mooney it's bouncy which kind of shows in the sim (unless I have a placebo! ). Elevator trim is too sensitive to my taste. I used both electric and manual trim "J" model and it took forever to trim unlike Bonanza or Arrow.

So yeah overall is not bad at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

How are engine performance, fuel consumption, sounds? Any glaring bugs? Any interesting special features?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

7 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

How are engine performance, fuel consumption, sounds? Any glaring bugs? Any interesting special features?

I am at 12000 ft. POH calls for 50F ROP. I'm getting 13.5 GPH which about right according performance tables  which shows 13.4 to 15 GPH. I didn't have a chance to test more yet

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I bought it (the Mooney, not the dirt-nap kind).

Overall, very nice. I didn't look at the Garmin as this is not interesting to me, although is needed to tune Nav 1 and Com radios. I love the old HSI, ADF and DME head. It's like 1995 all over again.

Flight model, as far as I can tell after 30 minutes, is pretty close. Very slippery in decent, hard to get speed under control in the pattern. The slow flight and stall character is pretty good. Similar to the 182 in terms of spin modeling. Any spin modeling is appreciated.

The liveries are nice. The interior is nice. Sounds are good. No regrets.

The only bug I detected is the rudder trim is crossed up: input right rudder trim actuates left rudder trim and visa-versa.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I'm darn pleased with this so far.. Flies nice, avionics are as expected.. 

I didn't think it was possible, Carenado has always been given high praises for its texture quality and they certainly exceeded their own standards here... The plane is simply beautiful inside and out.

And.. THAT OLD SCHOOL LIVERY is the best!

9toMbq4.jpgxdRwdgP.jpg

Edited by styckx
  • Like 7

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

Yes.  The other avionics are custom according to the marketplace 

So what is "custom" about them? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

How is the flight model, physics, aerodynamics ??

Is it worth to purchase it ? Cockpit textures ? Sound ?

I do fly only GA

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5