Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

12 minutes ago, slashed2 said:

Had the same issue with the DA62 after installing the patch, cold and dark, click battery master and the only the main panel started up.  Couldn't start the engines.  Went into dev mode and reloaded the plane and everything worked.  Exited out of the sim and went back in same issue.

Next day worked fine cold and dark.  Only thing I can think of that I changed that is possibly related to the panels was the new refresh rate from medium to high and that was it.  Interesting issue, hopefully they find the cause.  Welcome to bug hunting, as a dev myself it can be very frustrating.

"Went into dev mode and reloaded the plane and everything worked."

What does that mean?

What are you the dev of ?

Possibly a flight sim product?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

"Went into dev mode and reloaded the plane and everything worked."

What does that mean?

What are you the dev of ?

Possibly a flight sim product?

Developer mode. Check the menu.

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/msfs-developer-mode/10988

BTW, my sensitivity setting are missing with SP2, so this bug could attack me too. 😁

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Developer mode. Check the menu.

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/msfs-developer-mode/10988

BTW, my sensitivity setting are missing with SP2, so this bug could attack me too. 😁

Thanks for the follow up.

I am not a developer.

So, if pilots, because of information posted here, are now going into developer mode could that mess up an a flight ?

Also, there could be bugs in developer mode if it is a new feature with MSFS SDK.

Best Regards,

3 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I am not a developer.

So, if pilots, because of information posted here, are now going into developer mode could that mess up an a flight ?

Also, there could be bugs in developer mode if it is a new feature with MSFS SDK.

I have it disabled.

it would be interesting to see why this happens with some and not with others, instead of soem tryinmg to prove it doesnt exist.

i have not seen that bug, but i am sure it exists. hope they will fix stuff soon.

i am more worried about the loss of the sensivity sliders, again doesnt impact me now, its setup well here, but for newcomers this is a chore and yes there are workarounds too, but i say this is  a hotfix issue.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, styckx said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Fly any airplane

2. Just wait

End of steps...

Pretty sure my video, this thread and the official forum thread of countless complaints of this same exact  is enough..

I paid $120 for a simulator to fly planes, not to be a freelance debugger.. 

Not happening for me either.  Over 8 hours of flying since the update and not one failure like I am seeing described.  Hours in the DA62 and G36.  System specs in my signature.  No OC.  Honeycomb yoke. Saitek Pro Cessna pedals.  Saitek quadrants.  The only aspect I have lost is ability to connect my iPad to MFS with Fltplan Go, and that is I believe due to an IOS update, not to the sim update.  Fltplan is working on it.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 minutes ago, wim123 said:

instead of soem tryinmg to prove it doesnt exist.

We know it happens. It's just on some systems and that's why it will take some time to sort out.

10 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I have it disabled.

I will leave mine disabled also.

I am not a developer and would not have a reason to be fooling around in there.

Best Regards,

9 minutes ago, wim123 said:

it would be interesting to see why this happens with some and not with others, instead of soem tryinmg to prove it doesnt exist.

i have not seen that bug, but i am sure it exists. hope they will fix stuff soon.

i am more worried about the loss of the sensivity sliders, again doesnt impact me now, its setup well here, but for newcomers this is a chore and yes there are workarounds too, but i say this is  a hotfix issue.

"it would be interesting to see why this happens with some and not with others, instead of soem tryinmg to prove it doesnt exist."

Exactly.

If I get replies from a couple pilots here where I request information on setting up a fail situation then I would be willing to at least do a few test flights.

Other pilots could also test if they have the extra time.

Best Regards,

There's a couple of things that stood out reading the thread,

1.  This seems to affect specifically the G1000.  Has anyone reported this on any planes that do not utilize the G1000

2.  This issue is precluded by a clicking noise, so the program thinks this is an intentional manipulation of a switch.  Either Avionics or another power related switch that affects avionics.  Another interesting point is on one plane it can't be recovered.  What switches do all those planes except the one that can't be recovered have in common.  Or more importantly what switch does the non recoverable switch NOT have that the others do.

3.  Does this happen to any flights that start off from the Runway with all systems already on?  Or does this only happen when people start cold and dark at parking  and go through a startup procedure (checklist or manual engine start, or CTRL-E (auto engine start)

4.  One person did mention fsuipc.  FSUIPC was ubiquitous with earlier versions.  In a word, it was required equipment.  I know people say "no addons" but does that include FSUIPC?  I don't have it installed.  

5.  If the program thinks some sort of manipulation did occur, where did it get that phantom command?  Is everyone rocking wireless keyboards and mice?  perhaps a low battery is popping a keystroke that is being misinterpreted.  Any people who experienced it have wired keyboards and mouse?

Just trying to find a common thread in conditions where it occurs.

5 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

1.  This seems to affect specifically the G1000.  Has anyone reported this on any planes that do not utilize the G1000

2.  This issue is precluded by a clicking noise, so the program thinks this is an intentional manipulation of a switch.  Either Avionics or another power related switch that affects avionics.  Another interesting point is on one plane it can't be recovered.  What switches do all those planes except the one that can't be recovered have in common.  Or more importantly what switch does the non recoverable switch NOT have that the others do.

3.  Does this happen to any flights that start off from the Runway with all systems already on?  Or does this only happen when people start cold and dark at parking  and go through a startup procedure (checklist or manual engine start, or CTRL-E (auto engine start)

4.  One person did mention fsuipc.  FSUIPC was ubiquitous with earlier versions.  In a word, it was required equipment.  I know people say "no addons" but does that include FSUIPC?  I don't have it installed.  

5.  If the program thinks some sort of manipulation did occur, where did it get that phantom command?  Is everyone rocking wireless keyboards and mice?  perhaps a low battery is popping a keystroke that is being misinterpreted.  Any people who experienced it have wired keyboards and mouse?

Just trying to find a common thread in conditions where it occurs.

It's also happening in payware, non g1000, simobjects.

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's also happening in payware, non g1000, simobjects.

Ok. so not G1000.  But the "click" is what intrigues me.  SOMETHING is getting turned off, and the sim thinks it is user initiated.  Have all of us booted OTTO from the cockpit.  I know I use him for radio and checklist assist. I never trust him on the stick, he killed me twice thus far.  But getting rid of him will get rid of something designed to manipulate a control for you.

Just a thought.  I also would be interested to see if people who don't have FSUIPC get the bug and people who don't have wireless keyboard/mice combos get the bug.

23 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

I'm not sure you did read the thread. Post number 1 specifically mentions different aircraft, other posts throughout the thread state aircraft other than the G1000.

3 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

I'm not sure you did read the thread. Post number 1 specifically mentions different aircraft, other posts throughout the thread state aircraft other than the G1000.

I'm sorry.  I did not make myself clear.  I meant all aircraft with a variation of the G1000 avionics suite involved, not just the C172 G1000.  That includes multiple aircraft.  The video itself shows an aircraft with the variation of that avionics suite.  It's not happening on the Cub, it's not happening on the C172 steam, it's not happening on the Icon and none of the tubeliner pilots have reported.  It's not on the King Air....So I'm trying to narrow down the list of planes affected and find out what they have in common.  And thus far, unless someone else says otherwise, it seems to be happening to those that have a variation of the G1000 installed in the aircraft.  Is that not true?