Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

Canuk_22,

" I'm not even bothering reporting this on Zendesk"

I believe you are doing absolutely everything necessary to get this problem fixed. (you have a problem?? Strangely we have not heard this comment before)

A really, really helpful response and very well expressed sentiment. You had my sympathy until the above quoted, constructive comment.

By the way, we are actually aware of the problems and, some people are actually doing something about it (IMO) other than making comments like this.  I feel your frustration but what you are doing is not helpful

Tony 

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

This is my hometown / favorite flight:

was going to try :
KAYLN2 SMUUV WYNDE1

Which aircraft failed on your flight?

I may be able to do a test.

So far I have not had problems.

5 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Canuk_22,

I believe you are doing absolutely everything necessary to get this problem fixed. (you have a problem?? Strangely we have not heard this comment before)

A really, really helpful response and very well expressed sentiment. You had my sympathy until the above quoted, constructive comment.

By the way, we are actually aware of the problems and, some people are actually doing something about it (IMO) other than making comments like this.  I feel your frustration but what you are doing is not helpful

Tony 

I and many others have spent a good sum of money, depending on our exchange, but even $120USD is still a fair sum of money.  I'm realistic, with any game there will be bugs.  This is not even beta, this in my opinion is a severely botch delivery, I am surely ruffling feathers but that's ok.  I'm getting ready to install XP11 on the advice of a friend who tells me he has not seen anything close to what I have seen in FS2020.  I may sacrifice something on the graphics, maybe not.  Microsoft/Asobo will not get my time to troubleshoot their mess.  I bought this to enjoy myself and not spend my time writing Zendesk tickets.  I'm done here today, I'll take a peek in 12 months and see what the rants are all about then and decide.  

20 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Canuk_22,

Tony 

I did a LOT of testing on this yesterday.. as you can see from my posts earlier in this thread, however..  I posted this today which may make interesting reading for you 🙂    As with the testing i did yesterday which I posted to Zendesk, I also posted this testing to them today as well 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

And to be honest : would you have bought it if you knew what you know now ? 

I would, since I never expected 'perfection' to begin with. I knew as soon as they announced a much earlier release date than originally scheduled that the bean-counters had stuck their oars in the water and there would be growing pains.

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

I did a LOT of testing on this yesterday.. as you can see from my posts earlier in this thread, however..  I posted this today which may make interesting reading for you 🙂    As with the testing i did yesterday which I posted to Zendesk, I also posted this testing to them today as well 🙂

Graham

I admire your determination, Asobo should pay you.

Moria15, 

I completely missed your thread but I would like to thank you for your research and work. I totally agree that this requires a file validation system, particularly because it is such a big download.

This was constructive and could well prove to be the problem and is at least something for the boffins to work on. So a big pat on the back for you with the hope that it provides inspiration for the people experiencing these problems.  Given the inconsistencies between the haves and have nots it would certainly appear logical that the internet or internet speeds have a big impact.

Redownloading the entire sim is going to prove arduous for some but it could well be the saving grace and restore faith in the sim. It would certainly be worth a try.

Canuk-22

This is well worth a read and despite your last comment, I am just wondering if you have or will try downloading it all again.

Re XPlane, If you are indeed a novice simmer I would certainly recommend both, XPlane11 and P3Dv5 (depending on your computer specs) Both are excellent and far along the development path with strength and weaknesses in different areas.  Regardless of what platform you choose (a lot of simmers have both and also MSFS) you will still have a steep learning curve and both will involve considerable expenditure purchasing aircraft (default aircraft are probably worse than MSFS) Sceneries (definitely required to even come close to MSFS) and utilities (which MSFS also lack in a big way)

Just bear in mind, and this is very relevant to you and all new simmers, MSFS is light years ahead of the "out of the box" standard competition, without exception, IMO.

I wish you well with whatever decision you make, but MSFS is most certainly worth some persistence.

Tony

• Like 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I am considering buying the Carenado Mooney, despite the problems experienced by some. 

Can anybody give me a general assessment of how they feel about the aircraft, particularly with regard to FPS ... A mate of mine says he is down from 40 FPS with everything else to 20-25 FPS with the Mooney.

I would also like some comments re the Cessna 182 and its performance if possible.  I cannot wait for the Phenom 300 with a Flight1 or RXP GTN750 ... I think Bert might just be in the market for that combination as well LOL

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

11 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I am considering buying the Carenado Mooney, despite the problems experienced by some. 

Can anybody give me a general assessment of how they feel about the aircraft, particularly with regard to FPS ... A mate of mine says he is down from 40 FPS with everything else to 20-25 FPS with the Mooney.

I am really enjoying the Mooney.. it has a great cockpit and handles well.

Some GNS /AP problems..but I expect Asobo / Carenado to fix these over time.  There is a workaround for the zigzagging AP in NAV mode..

No performance impact that I can see.

The C182 is OK.. but basically a faster C172.. with the same G1000.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Thanks Bert.

I think it may be worth the money then LOL

Cheers mate

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

11 hours ago, Honnli said:

A peculiar problem indeed. Reading all these accounts of the avionics shutting down, lights flickering on and off, and fuel valves turning off by themselves is quite the horror mystery that's even scarier than most horror mystery movies! 😂

Jokes aside, I've flown 11 flights since updating to patch #2 and I have yet to encounter these problems myself. Now post-patch I have only flown in the Cirrus SR22, Diamond DA40 (both TDI and NG), and the Diamond DA62 and I've only flown within Australia in both daytime and night time. I hand flew the TDI since it doesn't have AP and used the AP on the rest. Not only did the avionics and AP stay on and fully operational during the entire flight, the AP even tracked quite precisely to my VFR flight plan even in winds up to 20+ knots (Melbourne has been quite windy these few days!). No zig-zagging and no severe unexpected pitching up or down. I even switched from my usual south-east Asia server to one of the US servers today to see if I might encounter these problems but so far nothing. Granted my flights have all been short flights within 30 minutes, some 10-15 minutes some 20+ minutes but from what some people have reported, they even encountered the problem shortly into their flight, some even soon after taking off. So yeah, not sure what the common denominator is to this problem. Could it be a location thing that only affects certain parts of the world like the 225/3 wind issue? (I was getting winds other than 225/3 even before patch #2 flying in Australia) I'll fly in other parts of the world and on different planes and servers to see if I can encounter this problem, but otherwise can't be of much help sorry. 😕

I don’t think it’s a location issue. I flew the same approach as my A320 and Longitude flights in the TBM along with a flight from brussels to a small airport west or Orly in Paris (forgot the name) and had zero issues with the TBM other than increased AP porpoising vs pre-patch in FLC mode. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

1 minute ago, flyinion said:

I don’t think it’s a location issue. I flew the same approach as my A320 and Longitude flights in the TBM along with a flight from brussels to a small airport west or Orly in Paris (forgot the name) and had zero issues with the TBM other than increased AP porpoising vs pre-patch in FLC mode. 

Also, the zigzagging seems to be a Carenado only issue..

Bert

3 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Moria15, 

I completely missed your thread but I would like to thank you for your research and work. I totally agree that this requires a file validation system, particularly because it is such a big download.

This was constructive and could well prove to be the problem and is at least something for the boffins to work on. So a big pat on the back for you with the hope that it provides inspiration for the people experiencing these problems.  Given the inconsistencies between the haves and have nots it would certainly appear logical that the internet or internet speeds have a big impact.

Redownloading the entire sim is going to prove arduous for some but it could well be the saving grace and restore faith in the sim. It would certainly be worth a try.

Canuk-22

This is well worth a read and despite your last comment, I am just wondering if you have or will try downloading it all again.

Re XPlane, If you are indeed a novice simmer I would certainly recommend both, XPlane11 and P3Dv5 (depending on your computer specs) Both are excellent and far along the development path with strength and weaknesses in different areas.  Regardless of what platform you choose (a lot of simmers have both and also MSFS) you will still have a steep learning curve and both will involve considerable expenditure purchasing aircraft (default aircraft are probably worse than MSFS) Sceneries (definitely required to even come close to MSFS) and utilities (which MSFS also lack in a big way)

Just bear in mind, and this is very relevant to you and all new simmers, MSFS is light years ahead of the "out of the box" standard competition, without exception, IMO.

I wish you well with whatever decision you make, but MSFS is most certainly worth some persistence.

Tony

I've been at it since FS2004 and up, all the P3Ds, XP, thousands and thousands invested, Goflight, PFC, Saitek etc..  In these simulators I have flown countless hours to every corner of the virtual planet in RT.  Thanks, I'll be fine;)

57 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Hmm so perhaps all these issues were indeed caused by the updated files not actually been updated properly/kinks in the update as Moria15 discovered. Or that it's only affecting some planes and not others. So weird.

54 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Also, the zigzagging seems to be a Carenado only issue..

Could be, since I haven't encountered the zig-zagging AP in the default planes that I flew in before and after patch #2. Or something is clashing somewhere that's causing other planes to zig-zag.

Edited by Honnli

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

5 minutes ago, canuk_22 said:

I've been at it since FS2004 and up, all the P3Ds, XP, thousands and thousands invested, Goflight, PFC, Saitek etc..  In these simulators I have flown countless hours to every corner of the virtual planet in RT.  Thanks, I'll be fine;)

That is good to hear..

If I might make a suggestion.. since you already have P3D.. continue flying it and whenever you get curious again, power up MSFS and find what works and what you like, rather than what does not work, and what gets you upset.. 🙂

I assume you were flying on autopilot when you got "killed" in MSFS.

I have also seen the autopilot do strange things, and that is certainly something that Asobo is aware of and working on.

Have you tried bush flying in the Savage Cub? Or something else that you cannot easily do in P3D?  There is much to like here!

• Like 2

Bert

Over on the official forums there are a few people reporting that turning off ground a.i. traffic and/or multiplayer has resolved the issue, possibly due to ai and other planes spawning with glass cockpits causing interference.  I haven’t had this issue myself but I usually fly in more remote areas.  Thought I’d pass this along.

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR