Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

22 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is good to hear..

If I might make a suggNestion.. since you already have P3D.. continue flying it and whenever you get curious again, power up MSFS and find what works and what you like, rather than what does not work, and what gets you upset.. 🙂

I assume you were flying on autopilot when you got "killed" in MSFS.

I have also seen the autopilot do strange things, and that is certainly something that Asobo is aware of and working on.

Have you tried bush flying in the Savage Cub? Or something else that you cannot easily do in P3D?  There is much to like here!

Never tried that, probably should.  I'm an airliner kind of guy, always have.  In GA I like the King Air a lot since we had one at work and travelled on it.

canuk-22,

I apologise for preaching to the converted. I was guided by the number of posts (now 47) So, you know all the guff and given that, I am a little surprised at how you were reacting.

Berts advice is, as always, good and based on a lot of experience, but again he is probably preaching to the converted too. For me, I fly all three sims everyday and enjoy each and every flight on each platform and that is one of the very great advantages of being an aged pensioner. I was very much an airliner guy too but XPlane swayed me and MSFS floored me as far as GA is concerned.

I always thought that preflight and FMS set up and landing preparation and the actual landing etc was the bees knees, Once in flight, however, it became a little boring. In GA though, you have to sacrifice somewhat the preflight preparations but the in flight is amazing, particularly with MSFS.

Again, apologies for the "sermon"

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Possible Solution for hard failure of Avionics on Mooney:

I had the dreaded avionics failure with the Mooney and no matter what I tried I could not get them to power back up. Finally I tried the following and for me, for this instance, it worked:

1. Enter the Controls settings Keyboard Settings

2. Apply keystroke A+1 for Avionics Bus 1 ON (Should be a free key combination)

3. Apply keystroke A+2 for Avionics Bus 2 ON (Should also be a free key combination)

4. SAVE and exit the settings

Reenter the Mooney and use the A+1 and A+2 key combinations

This returned the avionics stack for me, at least with this current instance.

Edited by GACSavannah
  • Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Don't know if this is related, but the A320 is having a similar issue with the PFD, AP console, and Center console losing lighting (PFD goes dark).  This happens a few times a flight

and is not when any key stroke action is being done (during cruise for instance...) I'm using the current A32x (fantastic by the way) with the left engine temporary fix, but this item

still happens.  Haven't flown much GA since the patch, but it truly could be across all aircraft.  CH yoke, Logitech rudders.  This has only begun to happen (along with the left engine issue) since the patch.

Interesting. The newest theory being floated and tested is disabling ground aircraft density.  Theory is their data is leaking into our cockpits. Testing myself now. Apparently this happened in X-Plane at one point and they had to correct it

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

6 minutes ago, styckx said:

Interesting. The newest theory being floated and tested is disabling ground aircraft density.  Theory is their data is leaking into our cockpits. Testing myself now. Apparently this happened in X-Plane at one point and they had to correct it

Ground aircraft density? Do you mean AI aircraft? If so, that could explain why this has never happened to me. I have AI traffic on very, very low levels.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

3 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Ground aircraft density? Do you mean AI aircraft? If so, that could explain why this has never happened to me. I have AI traffic on very, very low levels.

No "Ground aircraft density" it's an option in data. 

So far so good for me flying from Kennedy to Philly. 

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

6 minutes ago, styckx said:

No "Ground aircraft density" it's an option in data. 

So far so good for me flying from Kennedy to Philly. 

Hmmm.. having that at 50 but I've never had the avionics failure. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

8 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

personally, between me and a small group of friends who have this product, we believe that it has to do with if the developer mode was active during the last flight you had and closed out of prior to install of the patch.

I have honestly never even touched the Developer mode. Developer mode was not only off prior to the update, it was never ever switched on. Even to this day, I have not opened Developer mode. So I don’t think that is the issue.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Ground aircraft density, will also try reducing that to see the results. Not to change the subject but I noticed when moving around in the drone mode, going inside some of the AI aircraft, their interiors and cockpits are extremely detailed with high res textures and fully modeled flight decks and cabins. I would think that this places unnecessary demand on the sim.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Welp I just flew from Kennedy (NY) to Philadelphia KPHL with "Ground aircraft density" set to zero in the new Carenado Mooney (which seems the easily most susceptible to this bug) and didn't experience a single outage of anything.

More testing needed but promising. 

I haven't suffer from this bug (yet) I use Live traffic and aircraft density at normal settings.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I must admit I didn't read all the answers to this topic, there are too many...

Nevertheless, let me share my experience: after installing the 1.8.3.0 patch, I had MAJOR problems, first with CTD when switching to the external camera, then having CTDs before the flight event started. I don't know if there was some conflicts during installation because I was working on my PC during the update, so I used the Steam client to check file integrity. Instead of checking, it just deleted them all... All the package files were gone 😪

I wonder if it was a bad news after all. I had to reinstall them all (106 GB download + decompression), it took some time, but after this I had no problem. And I never had this avionics problem. I agree that reinstalling the whole game instead of upgrading it is a pain, but if you have mysterious problems that other players don't have, maybe you should try a full reinstallation.

My 2 cents... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I must admit I didn't read all the answers to this topic, there are too many...

Nevertheless, let me share my experience: after installing the 1.8.3.0 patch, I had MAJOR problems, first with CTD when switching to the external camera, then having CTDs before the flight event started. I don't know if there was some conflicts during installation because I was working on my PC during the update, so I used the Steam client to check file integrity. Instead of checking, it just deleted them all... All the package files were gone 😪

I wonder if it was a bad news after all. I had to reinstall them all (106 GB download + decompression), it took some time, but after this I had no problem. And I never had this avionics problem. I agree that reinstalling the whole game instead of upgrading it is a pain, but if you have mysterious problems that other players don't have, maybe you should try a full reinstallation.

My 2 cents... 

The problem is a lot of players are having this problem.  There's a big bug thread in the official forums about the avionics issues.  Apparently not everyone is having them and not in every plane, but they're there.  I'm pretty much sticking to the TBM for now as I haven't had any issues with it other than FLC mode got worse at capturing altitude.  I may not be able to use the airliners for now, but the TBM at least flies much faster than a regular prop and nearly as high as an airliner with the same range that I typically fly those.  It's just about 30% slower though.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

4 hours ago, styckx said:

Welp I just flew from Kennedy (NY) to Philadelphia KPHL with "Ground aircraft density" set to zero in the new Carenado Mooney (which seems the easily most susceptible to this bug) and didn't experience a single outage of anything.

More testing needed but promising. 

This would support my previous post that Carenado aircraft used as AI seem to cause problems (as they did in P3D).
Is there anyone having this avionics issue, with no Carenado aircraft in their hangar ?