Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

I really love where this sim is headed...

What Asobo and the MS Team have done with this sim is truly ground breaking imo. And I can clearly see the benefits of this platform for years down the road. I guess because I see where this is all headed I can forgive them for the turbulence. This isn't Microsoft Flight. This platform is slick. I love the UI. The hangar. The marketplace. The challenges you can do. Even the training section was pretty well done. And this doesn't even touch on all the other aspects of this sim, including the visuals, deep list of aircraft, hundreds of photo realistic cities, weather, AI, etc.

In fairness a lot of this sim is broken and i can see where the frustration comes from among some members of the community. And maybe because I am a software developer I am able to empathize with the team. No software product, especially one this ambitious, launches without some teething pains. But this is not some shoddy piece of software they hoisted on us. This platform is solid, and a lot of good design decisions have been made. It is very well done. Give this team a year and I think MSFS will be even more amazing. It just takes time. I guess I have confidence in this team and expect good things from them. A few stumbles along the way are not enough to change my opinion. The team also have a good communication strategy with the community, so I like what I see. These guys are pros but nothing this complex is ever perfect. 

Pretty excited to see how this evolves. 

• Like 17

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

You are 100% correct. I have spent years (42) in software amd IT and this is a solid platform to build from. I believe the Asobo team have and are doing a great job!!

• Like 3

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

48 minutes ago, RobJC said:

What Asobo and the MS Team have done with this sim is truly ground breaking imo. And I can clearly see the benefits of this platform for years down the road. I guess because I see where this is all headed I can forgive them for the turbulence. This isn't Microsoft Flight. This platform is slick. I love the UI. The hangar. The marketplace. The challenges you can do. Even the training section was pretty well done. And this doesn't even touch on all the other aspects of this sim, including the visuals, deep list of aircraft, hundreds of photo realistic cities, weather, AI, etc.

In fairness a lot of this sim is broken and i can see where the frustration comes from among some members of the community. And maybe because I am a software developer I am able to empathize with the team. No software product, especially one this ambitious, launches without some teething pains. But this is not some shoddy piece of software they hoisted on us. This platform is solid, and a lot of good design decisions have been made. It is very well done. Give this team a year and I think MSFS will be even more amazing. It just takes time. I guess I have confidence in this team and expect good things from them. A few stumbles along the way are not enough to change my opinion. The team also have a good communication strategy with the community, so I like what I see. These guys are pros but nothing this complex is ever perfect. 

Agree whole heartedly. 

The future of this sim is mind boggling considering the current starting point.

No predecessing flightsim in memory has started with a baseline product with such stunning/qualitative textures, terrain etc.

I can't wait to see what the next 12 months brings us let alone the next 5 + years  - let alone the input from 3rd party devs........

• Like 2

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I agree. This sim is all I could wish for ( plus some third party airliners of course )

• Like 2

Ditto all above. 
I am very grateful to have this sim after countless years of FSX and P3D, this is a wonderful start and a new era.

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

I have always considered the next 6 months to be a beta testing phase.  It was obvious that MSFS was released prematurely.  But you know what?  I am happy to be able to play this game 6 months earlier.  I could get hit by a truck tomorrow and if MSFS was released 6 months later, I would never have had a chance to play it.  Despite some of the flaws right now, I am immensely enjoying my time playing MSFS.  

I think the state of the game will be pretty good after 6 months.  And from there, it will only get better.  And in the meantime, we can all enjoy MSFS, despite some of the flaws with the game.  I think this will be the flight sim of the next decade.  There is no turning back now and personally, I don't want things to be turned back either.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I share  the same opinion as others Im confident this is headed for a good landing with some turbulence but that has been the case for software and flight simulators for years now . Good vibes and we are going to be fine .

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Thankyou ASOBO...You did good !!

• Like 1

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

My $1 Gamepass subscription ran out yesterday. My old PC can barely run MSFS, but I immediately bought the Premium Deluxe version. 

I'm immensely enjoying, the only thing that spoils it is the constant cry-babying and whining, and complaining here and elsewhere. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

My $1 Gamepass subscription ran out yesterday. My old PC can barely run MSFS, but I immediately bought the Premium Deluxe version. 

I'm immensely enjoying, the only thing that spoils it is the constant cry-babying and whining, and complaining here and elsewhere. 

easy solution., you dont need to read that. your choice.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am really impressed by this sim. I've been flying in OnAir in the northern part of Sweden and Norway and thinking this is default scenery is just insane. It totally murders the competition. I can't see myself flying to those small airports in the other sims any more. A couple of ludicrously nerdy turboprops in this sim would be absolutely epic. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Love it, best flight sim i have used. Already learnt far more in the past month than before. And whilst there has been a few launch issues, nothings stopped my enjoyment of the Sim.

Well done MS and Asobo

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

This is a great post, well done guys!! Me too are blown away with this sim and me too sick of reading all the negativity, ive been into this hobby since 1998 and MS2020 is just amazing, it truly is....wow! I have a 10 year old pc i5   3.2ghz  16gb ram  and a 1060gb card and i can just about run it on medium to high and im very happy with performance. 

Great positve Post guys.. 👍👍....love the sim!!!

• Like 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

This sim is just TOP.

I am very grateful that MS started up flightsim developing again and that they partnered with ASOBO.

Yes, there are some issues, but still I haven't even bordered to fire up any of the other sims I have.

I had to uninstall P3D yesterday and say my farewells.

I was always grateful that LM took up the torch from FSX to P3D. At least I could continue the hobby of flightsimming because of LM.

But MSFS is the new era. 

I purchased a 1Tb SSD dedicated to MSFS, upgraded my Ram to 32Gb and will eventually update to the RTX3070.

I'm just waiting on PMDG and other 3rd party devs to have their gear ready so I can really dig my heels into this sim.

Thank you MS and Asobo. This is the flightsim I was hoping for (especially in terms of the visuals).

• Like 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers