Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Assigning 10 hotkeys to 10 views: here is how!

I find that assigning the hot keys to the individual aircraft cfg is better, because each plane has its own positions, whereas adding them to the camera views, they will override anything else.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

You are right. Since what I did was a small offset was foolled by a space bar hit. Tried with a 90 degree angle and nothing happens.A pitty.Jos

Hi. Thanks for the GREAT post. Is it correct that you can only have 10 camera views? If not, how many can you setup? I'd like to add some more. Best regards, Bob.

10 is the max. Unfortunately. ;) But don't forget, if you use all hotkeys only in the aircraft.cfg, you can setup 10 different views to access instantly for EVERY aicraft! If you use them in the Cameras.cfg, than they are universal and can't be used elsewhere for aircraft specific views.

I think it's is very wise (and important) to edit views ONLY in the aircraft.cfg. Changes in viewpoint in one specific aircraft (made in the Cameras.cfg) can give very strange results in other aircraft! Assigning hotkeys in the Cameras.cfg however shouldn't be a problem, although it might have some disadvantages. At the moment I only use custom views (every default view needs some changing imho ;)), so I also have all hotkeys in the aircraft.cfg. BTW It might be a good idea to somehow synchronize the hotkeys. I mean: if you use the same kind of views in various aircraft (but with different settings like pan and zoom and so on) it's handy to assign specific hotkeys to similar views. So when I make a view that zooms in on the throttle (for instance), and I do so for various arcraft, I assign the same hotkey to the Camera Configuration in all Aicraft.cfg. This way I only have to set the key on the Buttons/Key page just once and it gives the same result in all aircraft I've edited, even though they are panned and zoomed differently. This eliminates the need to save different controller settings for every aircraft. If you all still know what I mean... ;)

Erratum:Please forget about this part: And to end my story: don't forget that you can now save your settings! So you can easily setup completely different controls for each aircraft (you might not use all the same views for every aircraft): just save and later on load the settings you need for a specific aircraft and you are ready to go.. Unfortunately this isn't true: you can indeed save settings, but the controller settings aren't saved with it. What a shame... This means that when you change key-assignements, they will be changed for all aircraft, period. So this makes my remark about setting up hotkeys in a similar way for different aircraft even more important. For instance I've decided my main VC view will always be connected to HotKeySelect=1 which is connected in FS X to '1'. And my passengerseat view will always be HotKeySelect=9 which is connected in FS X to '0'. Which brings me to another point... I've indeed assigned HotKeySelect=9 to '0' because HotKeySelect=0,which I really wanted to use, doesn't seem to work! I've tried to assign HotKeySelect=0 to various keys, but none worked. Anyone else can confirm this? This would mean there are only 9 hotkeys left to be used... Besides that, I've also found that the Top-Down view (default HotKeySelect=4) ONLY works with THAT hotkey (although you can of course assign any key to it in FS X itself). I tried to use another HotkeySelect-number for it but that doesn't work either. Can anyone else confirm that too?All in all this doesn't make things easier... unfortunately... But still I hope all information here will be helpfull enough in settings up views and using hotkeys. It isn't MY fault things don't work as they should! ;) These small problems does make me long even more for an easy to use utility like Active Camera... ;) Hopefully it won't be long before someone comes up with one!

Guest ThrottleUp

J van E - thank you LOADS for posting this! Its what I have been looking for! I dont have the time to do this just yet but when I do next week I cant wait to try them out.Personally I really do not like the view-system in FSX and sorely miss the fixed-views you could get with the numpad in FS9. And yes I really miss wingviews! How can you fly in FSX in all those nice jets and not watch the nice wings, flpas, spoilers etc. hee hee.Thanks again and I will report back and let you know how it went :)

Guest cYonics

It seems that you can not use Camera HotKey 0Can someone else confirm this?

Guest cYonics

I've created a small tool that will allow you to assign your hotkeys to camera views for each aircraft. You can download it over at www.FSXMission.com

As I said on Nov 5th: I've indeed assigned HotKeySelect=9 to '0' because HotKeySelect=0,which I really wanted to use, doesn't seem to work! I've tried to assign HotKeySelect=0 to various keys, but none worked. Anyone else can confirm this? This would mean there are only 9 hotkeys left to be used... ;) So thank YOU for confirming this. :)

Wow, cool! An FS X view utility! I'll check it out when I've got the time for it (which won't be that soon, I'm afraid)! Now all we need is a utility to set up the views more easily. Come on, cYonics, you can do it! ;)

hi, i've read this topic a few times but i'm still very unclear about how to attach a preset view to a key.

i look in my aircraft.cfg and i had this already:

[CAMERADEFINITION.0]
Title=Tail
Guid={2089E640-3BE6-4AE3-9D6C-2FA05B737478}
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .3
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXYZ=0,1.552095,-4.195442
Initialpbh=10,0,0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

and several other CAMERADEFINITION like this (wing tips, etc)

so I added 'HotKeySelect=1' after 'ClipMode=Minimum'

so what do i do now to activate the view? i've tried every combination of alt shift control with 1 key and F1 key i can think of and nothing happens

By the way, i notice this is an old thread, i read the post 2 above 'I've created a small tool that will allow you to assign your hotkeys to camera views for each aircraft. You can download it over at www.FSXMission.com' but when i go there, www.FSXMission.com registration doesn't work anymore

thx

Be aware that HotKeySelect=1-4 are already assigned to F9-F12.

You will want to use HotKeySelect=5-9,0 instead.

To enable these hotkeys you have to go into Settings > Controls > Buttons/Keys > View category and assign keys to "View camera 5-9, 0".

regards,

Joe

[edit]

looking through this topic it appears that HotKeySelect=0 doesn't work, I have never tried that one. 5-9 is more than I have ever needed.

[/edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Be aware that HotKeySelect=1-4 are already assigned to F9-F12.

You will want to use HotKeySelect=5-9,0 instead.

To enable these hotkeys you have to go into Settings > Controls > Buttons/Keys > View category and assign keys to "View camera 5-9, 0".

You can also reassign F9-F12  by assigning the corresponding HotKeySelect= to 1-4.  in the aircraft.cfg file.  You need to leave the original assignments in FSX>Controls alone for F9-F12 -- just reassign them in the cameras of the aircraft.cfg file.  Of course you will lose the original views to which these keys are assigned in FSX.

For additional keys it appears to me that some key combinations don't work -- I couldn't get CTRL-Shift-3 to work for Camera View 5 (assigned in FSX>Controls) but I could get Shift-\ to work.

so I added 'HotKeySelect=1' after 'ClipMode=Minimum'

so what do i do now to activate the view?

When you load that aircraft and press F9 (=hotkey 1) you should now activate the tail view camera and see the tail view.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2