Sign in to follow this  
byork

[11 December 2021] Rudder Control is Dead!

The Future of Pushbacks in Microsoft Flight Simulator Starts Today!

Download link: www.fs2crew.com

Welcome to the release of Pushback Express, your new pushback utility for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Watch our updated trailer!

Change Log:

Note: All updates are built into the main installer. 

To obtain the update, login to your account where you purchased the product, re-download and re-installThere is no stand alone updater.

If you purchased via a 3rd party reseller like Simmarket or Aerosoft, please allow them a few days to update the file on their server (You will need to re-download the product via your account on their website.)

All updates are mandatory.

Version 2.2.3

Date: 11 December 2022

1. Rudder Control is dead!  Well, at least no one will use it anymore.  Everyone will likely switch to DISTANCE PUSHBACK MODE now.

Just watch the video, you'll see! 😉

Also, all software updates are now done through our new Product Manager:   https://fs2crew.com/downloads/

Version: 2.2

Date: 14 August 2021

1. Interface overhauled to match FS2Crew for the FBW A32NX Project.

2. Stairs will now stay attached to the aircraft until you choose to disconnect them.

3. Minor bug fixes.

Important:  If you purchased via the FS2Crew website, we sent you an email with instructions on how to obtain Version 2.2 and your new serial key.  If you didn't get an email from us, check your spam folder.

Version: 2.1

Date: 12 June 2021

1. Support for latest development version of the FBW A32NX (they recently changed their parking brake lever code).  If using PBE and the FBW, you are now required to use the development version of the FBW A32NX.

If you don't have that plane, go get it.  It's free and it's the best Airbus out there for MSFS:  https://flybywiresim.com/  

2. Pushback Procedure changed!  We can now have the tug "pre-connect" to the aircraft, making your experience much more realistic.

However, this necessitated a procedural change.  Now, in button and voice control, tell the ramp crew that you'll be ready in a few minutes via voice or button control.

The tug will connect to the aircraft and hold position.  Then when you're ready to push, you'll tell the ramp crew you're ready to start the pushback and the tug crew will tell you to release brakes.

This is procedurally much more realistic than the previous versions, where the ramp agents would tell you to release the parking brakes well before the tug had arrived.

The manuals are in the zip file, but you can also access them here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pushback_express

3. New! Voice Control feature - "Voice Command Helper".  This new system displays on screen what you need to say -and when- if using voice control.

The benefit is you no longer need to reference a manual or memorize voice phrases.

Supports English, French, German and Spanish text.

This is actually one of V2.1's best new features!

4. New! On-line map!  Click the new Globe icon on the Main Panel.

5. New! We've double the resolution of the panels, making that look vastly sharper and crisper.  We've also improved the panel layout.

6. New! Night lighting option and panel opacity slider.

7. PBE will now "auto close" after completing your pushback.

8. New Push-to-Talk trigger option.  In addition to using a hotkey or having an open mic, you can now use your mouse button to press the Push-to-Talk key.  Left click and hold over the new microphone icon.

9. Collapse panel code updated to account for users with non standard resolutions.

10. Usage tips updated (remember, you can turn them off.  Once you know the system, you don't need them.  It's just for learners).

11. PBE will now auto detect if Nahamic or Asus Sound Studio is running the background, and issue a warning if detected.

12. Speech recognition support for users with their speech recognizer set to Australia improved.

PBE1.png

PBE2.png

PBE3.png

Version: 2.0

Date: 11 April 2021

1. New config option: "HOLD TOE BRAKES END OF P/B". This option is unchecked by default.  If you are using the MSFS Aerosoft CRJ, it must be left unchecked to avoid a conflict with the CRJ's Parking Brake lever.  If this option is checked, Pushback Express will repeatedly fire the toe brakes at the end of pushback to help prevent the airplane from moving prior to the user setting the parking brake.

2. Hotkeys for Push To Talk for Voice Control and Open Main Panel can now be assigned via their own section in the bottom right hand corner of the Settings Panel rather than editing the XML directly.  Important:  If you do not want a hokey to be active, select the BLANK space about the "A" key in the drop down hotkey list.   That will render the hotkey inactive.

3. "Lock Main Panel" renamed to "Force Panel Front" for consistency with Flight Crew A320, and because it's a technically more accurate term.  As a reminder, this will force the Main Panel to the front of your screen so it can remain visible if MSFS is in focus.

Version: 1.9

Date: 1 April 2021

1. Window Transparency option added to the Settings Panel.  Some people liked the transparent main window.  Some didn't.  Now you have a choice.

2. Main Panel re-arranged to take up less space.

3. When exiting PBE, users will no longer be asked to confirm the exit.

Version: 1.8

Date: 3 March 2021

1. Main panel now uses a transparent background.  We think it looks much better.  However, you can still collapse the window, which is what we actually recommend you do if you're not using the panel window.

2. As per user request, window position should now auto save.

3. As per user request, the PBE icon now has text on it that says PBE.  That can help distinguish it from the Flight Crew A320 icon.

4. "Panel in focus" text replaced by a keyboard graphic shown in the screen shot above.

Version: 1.7

Date: 14 January 2021

1. Removed the "SIMCONNECT.CFG" from the installer as it could induce CTDs and other undesired behavior for some users.  If you are updating to V1.7, please manually delete "Simconnect.cfg" from your PBE folder if it is still present. 

2. New hotkey for opening the PBE panel if LOCK PANEL is 'unchecked' on the Settings Panel and if the panel is minimized.  By default, PBE uses the "D" key for this new hotkey.  You can manually change that assignment via the PBE Settings XML file in Appdata.

C:\Users\***your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew Pushback Express\Pushback_Express_Data.xml

<ShowMainWinKey>D</ShowMainWinKey>

Version: 1.6

Date: 5 January 2021

1. Removed the "GEAR DOWN" hotkey used to re-open the panel as it could cause problems (namely, the PBE buttons would become inop) with users who have buttons/sliders assigned to the gear down event in MSFS.  What would happen is user's hardware could send a "gear down" sign every second, causing a conflict since we used the Gear Down event as a trigger to open and focus the panel window.

That said, if using a single monitor, we recommend simply keeping the panel "locked" in the open state (via the checkbox on the Settings pane), but double clicking on top of the menu to collapse the panel to save screen space.

2. Laid the ground work for upcoming improvements owing to new functionality recently added to the MSFS SDKs.

3. New Voice set!

RUSSIA: Only pure Russian is available.  There is no English version, so you must be able to understand Russian!

Version: 1.5

Date: 27 November 2020

1. New ground service vehicle available for control:  The Air Stairs!  Note, air stairs must be visible in your parking area.  Note that we cannot currently control the length of time the stairs are attached to the aircraft.  We're hoping Asobo will improve that soon.

2. New Voice sets!

ITALIAN: English accented and pure Italian options.

DUTCH: English accented and pure Dutch options.

EASTERN EUROPEAN REGION:  English accent only.

Important! If using VOICE CONTROL with Italian or Dutch selected, you need to speak in English, but the ramper will still respond in native Dutch or Italian.  This is because Windows does not support Italian or Dutch for speech recognition.

If using MENU CONTROL, then everything is pure Dutch or Italian.

Version: 1.4

Date: 7 November 2020

1. Our most requested feature has been added - Ground Service Vehicles!!!

The integration is direct and seamless.   We don't need to go through the ATC system.  You can control the MSFS Ground Service vehicles directly.

Or you can have the ground services be triggered automatically along a timeline when you run the Pre-Flight Events routine, creating a realistic pre-pushback experience at your airport.

This is a major update, and it makes your pre-flight experience in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator vastly more immersive!

The best part is by using the stock Catering Truck, Fuel Truck, Baggage Loader and Ground Power Truck, you don't need to worry about complex aircraft profiles and all the associated headaches trying to manage them.

You need to focus on enjoying your sim.  Not fighting with it.

Our new Ground Services system - it just works 😉

Version: 1.3

Date: 4 November 2020

1. Hotkey for toggling pushback fixed.

2. Minimum distance value for "DISTANCE" pushbacks lowered to 20 meters.  If desired, this value can be lowered even further in the PUSHBACK_EXPRESS_DATA.XML  file located in Appdata - Roaming - FS2Crew Pushback Express

<MinPbDistance>20</MinPbDistance>

Version: 1.2

Date: 30 October 2020

1. Free Voice Control Integration!  Now you can talk to the pushback crew with your own voice in multiple different languages!  

Windows speech languages supported:  ENGLISH (US, UK, AU),  FRENCH, GERMAN and SPANISH.   

A new Voice Control manual is in your download zip file!  Please read it!  You need to know what to say!

2. Volume slider now saves properly.

3. Misc. fixes.

V1.2 Demo courtesy of FlightSim Simon showing off Voice Control integration!

Version: 1.1

Date: 23 September 2020

1. Corrected a problem associated with users having their Windows currency format set to using commas instead of a period.  This could induce a crash when loading the Settings page.  This mostly would have affected some Spanish and European users in particular.

Questions and Answers:

Q. What is Pushback Express?

A. Pushback Express is a new pushback utility that works with Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020).  It supports Voice and Button control and multiple voice sets.

Q. Do you have to ask ATC to tell the tug driver to turn/left and stop!

A. No!  I say again!  No!   This is our strongest selling point.  The default pushback in FS2020 is, well, a little bit bizarre.  If you don't like the default pushback system in Microsoft Flight Simulator and you think it's weird you have to ask ATC to tell the tug driver to turn left or right, then we hear your pain.  Pushback Express will heal your pain 😉

Q. What are the three pushback modes?

A. Rudder Control:  We suspect most people will use this one most of the time.  Basically you have a fully immersive pushback experience with audio, but you can steer the tug to your desired spot.  You can even do a "Push and Pull" type pushback, which no one has ever done before in the history of flight simulation.

Window Buttons Control:  It's essentially the same as Rudder Control, but it's mean for people who don't have a joystick.  You can easily control the tug via on-screen buttons.

Distance Control: In this mode, users can pre-select a target distance, and if they require a left, right or straight turn.  If you want to keep your viewpoint in the cockpit during the entire push, then this mode is for you.

Q. What voice sets does it ship with?

A. English accents: United States, UK, Australia, France, Spain, Dutch and Germany.

Non-English (Native language): German, French Spanish, Russian, Dutch

Q. Does it have human models and its own pushback tugs?

A. Not yet.  We're currently using the default tug.  The FS2020 SDKs are still very much in their infancy.  We expect it will take a solid year or more before the SDKs develop to the point where we can inject our own custom models and move them around in the simulation.  .

As for baggage cars and fuel trucks, follow me cars, etc., it's still too early to say given the state of the SDKs.  

Q. How is it different from UGCX?

A. UGCX does not work in FS2020, nor will it ever.  FS2020 is radically different from P3D/FSX.  Porting the UGCX code over would be be borderline impossible, and it would take years.  Pushback Express is our future.  

Beyond that, Pushback Express does most of the same things as UGCX, including the international voice sets.  However, the interface system is quite different; it's much simpler.

A big difference though is that Pushback Express is vastly easier to learn.  There's no 100 page manual this time!  A pushback utility should be simple, so the learning curve this time is really low.  We designed it to be that way.  And with built in tooltips, it's even  easier.  In fact, you could get by without even reading the manual.

Another difference is that Pushback Express does not read airport scenery, which solves 99 percent of the complexities associated with UGCX.  So you're probably saying: "Okay, well how do you get the tug to line up with the taxiway line?".  Simple.  In Pushback Express, you're steering the tug with your joystick or via on-screen buttons. 🙂  But if you don't want to steer the tug, you can always use Distance mode for the pushback.

One thing that Pushback Express has that UGCX doesn't is the ability to "PUSH AND PULL" an aircraft.  So if you've always dreamed of pushing, then pulling the plane to a specific spot, dream no more.  Pushback Express does it.

Pushback Express also has a simple Pre-Flight events routine, which most FS2Crew users will be familiar with already.  Essentially you get a pre-flight timer and the jetway/door will automatically open/close/connect/disconnect.

Once the SDKs allow for control over the FS2020 ground vehicles, we can easily add them to the Pre-Flight events, too.

Q. What is your roadmap?

A. FS2020 is going to be with us for a very long time.  We suspect it'll have at least a 10 year life span.  For us, that means 10 years of software updates for Pushback Express with constant improvements.

Edited by byork
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, byork said:

Bosse! La version 1.1 est maintenant sur le serveur!

Hello, we can not find the update link for ...... anywhere on the site
It's been ten days since I bought the app and announced the problem
  I have been looking for the link for more than thirty minutes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bosforone said:

Hello, we can not find the update link for ...... anywhere on the site
It's been ten days since I bought the app and announced the problem
  I have been looking for the link for more than thirty minutes

To obtain the latest version:

1. Login to your FS2Crew account.

2. Click "Completed Orders".

3. Re-download and re-install via your account.

There is no stand-alone updater.

Best,

Je vous remercie
Comme vous l'avez expliqué, j'ai de nouveau téléchargé

Date: 23 septembre 2020

Comme vous l'avez expliqué, j'ai de nouveau téléchargé le programme et c'est arrivé
Le programme est installé dans 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ Pushback Express ....... et lorsque vous allumez le programme, il détecte les logiciels malveillants et place le programme en quarantaine

10 hours ago, Bosforone said:

Je vous remercie
Comme vous l'avez expliqué, j'ai de nouveau téléchargé

Date: 23 septembre 2020

Comme vous l'avez expliqué, j'ai de nouveau téléchargé le programme et c'est arrivé
Le programme est installé dans 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ Pushback Express ....... et lorsque vous allumez le programme, il détecte les logiciels malveillants et place le programme en quarantaine

That's a false positive.

Just have your anti-virus exclude it.

Thank you for your help, I will wait for my flight simulation to be updated
  However, the flight simulation itself is full of problems and is not sustainable
But I have a question about the right to activate the program three times
The right to activate the program with these problems in my case I have only once left the right to activate the program I still have what to do will be a problem each time What do you think because a new update is on the way
Thank you for your help

7 hours ago, Bosforone said:

Thank you for your help, I will wait for my flight simulation to be updated
  However, the flight simulation itself is full of problems and is not sustainable
But I have a question about the right to activate the program three times
The right to activate the program with these problems in my case I have only once left the right to activate the program I still have what to do will be a problem each time What do you think because a new update is on the way
Thank you for your help

You don't need to worry about that.

As for your problems with FS2020 itself, you should search the Flight Simulator forums, maybe consider doing a clean install of Windows.

I'm running FS2020 on a gaming laptop, and it's perfect - at least on my system.

[Edit: read the response given in another thread, please ignore]

Hello, thanks for the update! I don't know if you thought about this, but each download for an update takes away one attempt of the 15 initially available. What is the point for limiting the amount of downloads in the first place? Isn't support in the form of updates supposed to last the lifetime of the product? Thanks.

Edited by paume

8 hours ago, paume said:

[Edit: read the response given in another thread, please ignore]

Hello, thanks for the update! I don't know if you thought about this, but each download for an update takes away one attempt of the 15 initially available. What is the point for limiting the amount of downloads in the first place? Isn't support in the form of updates supposed to last the lifetime of the product? Thanks.

Download protection is free.

It's nothing to be worried about.  

We have to limit it because some 15 year old could share his account info on the internet and the next think you know we have a million downloads hitting our server at once.

Edited by byork

Not an easy and unfriendly update process. Tried to find the link for the update for almost 30 minutes until I came here. Why would you need to explain that simple process?.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Not an easy and unfriendly update process. Tried to find the link for the update for almost 30 minutes until I came here. Why would you need to explain that simple process?.

Ed

Hi Ed,

The process is simple:

(The updates are built into the main installer only.)

1. Login to your FS2Crew account (assuming you bought from FS2Crew).

2. Click "Completed Orders".

3. Re-download the product.

4. Re-install the product.

No need to uninstall the old version.

That's it!

Cheers,

Thanks!.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Guys!

Do I run the exe file to install it that will automatically apply this add-on in the simulator OR

Do I move the files generated after running the exe to the "Community Folder" ?

Is this process just a simple install with the exe is what I want to know.

Thanks,

Steven

By default the installer will select Program Files.  We suggest using this location.

Do not put it Community Files.

Keep it in Program files.

Don't move any files.

Just double click the short cut desktop icon after FS2020 has loaded.